Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 215850" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 30</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, I have no idea what you're talking about and I really don't appreciate having you call me a liar."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's eyebrows shot up. "Well, darlin' if you don't want me to call you a liar, maybe you'd better stop lying to me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR! What are you talking about? How can you think such a thing!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cut the Innocent act, Miss Texas," JR growled. "I saw the pregnancy test in your purse."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's eyes grew wide with shock. "What exactly were you doing snooping around in my purse, JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I wasn't snooping. I was looking for a cough drop. And why should you care if I look in your purse if you have nothing to hide from me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen brought her hands to her head and absently rubbed her temples. "JR, I…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt," the doctor came into the room. "I understand Mrs. Ewing has had another dizzy spell?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She did," JR told him. "She says she's fine, but that's obviously not true."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Ewing," the doctor looked at Sue Ellen. "I'd like to examine you and ask you some questions. We can do it here or I can take you down to an exam room if you'd rather."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No reason not to do it here," JR answered for her. "We don't have any secrets in our marriage do we, <em>my love</em>?" he put a special, sarcastic emphasis on the last two words.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, we don't, <em>darlin</em>'," Sue Ellen matched his sarcasm. "Here is fine, doctor."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR watched in brooding silence as the doctor took Sue Ellen's blood pressure and pulse and listened to her heart with a stethoscope. "Just the one dizzy spell?" he asked her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No…," she admitted, casting a nervous glance at JR. "Truthfully, I've been dealing with dizziness all day."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Nausea?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh yes," Sue Ellen said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm going to order some blood work and get a urine sample. We talked earlier about pregnancy. I know you said you were on birth control, but I'd still like to check."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's not necessary, doctor," Sue Ellen said sheepishly. "I took a home test I got from the hospital pharmacy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And?" the doctor asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not pregnant," she said in a rush.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright. We'll still check. You might still be and it's just too early to be detected by an over the counter test. Any other symptoms I should know about?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She's sweating," JR chimed in. "When she gets dizzy, she breaks out into a sweat."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen confirmed. "I get very hot and then very cold."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Okay," the doctor stood up straight and looked at them both. "Both of you need to listen to me carefully. Mrs. Ewing, I'll send a nurse in to draw blood and get a urine sample. In the meantime, I want you to get some rest. And Mr. Ewing, I don't want to hear another word about you getting out of that bed. So help me if that happens again, I'll restrict all visitors and Mrs. Ewing will have to leave. No more excitement. Do I make myself clear?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, doctor," Sue Ellen said, staring at the floor.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Crystal clear," JR ground out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good," the doctor said. "Mrs. Ewing, I'll be back as soon as I get your test results."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and JR were silent as they watched him walk out of the room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, Sue Ellen," JR said, his eyes glittering, "spill it. All of it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>****</p><p></p><p></p><p>Wendell was in a dark mood.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Mandy had called him and filed him in on the call from Smithfield. It seemed JR had no further use for the lovely Miss Winger; and that meant Jeremy had no further use for her either.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He couldn't figure JR out. Why would he drop Mandy if he planned to divorce Sue Ellen? And why would he be shopping around his Weststar stock after all the trouble he and his meddling wife had gone through to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>His face darkened further when he thought about Sue Ellen. He'd been so stupid to trust her. She'd played him like a fiddle, plotting with him and Kimberly, flirting for all she was worth. Then she'd told him she'd never sleep with him and had run straight back to JR, taking all her Weststar stock with her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He has to grudgingly admit the Ewings were smart. He'd never seen Sue Ellen's betrayal coming, but so help him he would make her pay. And he was more than happy to destroy her disgusting husband in the process.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby couldn't sleep.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He was exhausted, but his mind wouldn't shut off.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He kept thinking about his earlier conversation with JR. His brother was right, something about the situation with Pam wasn't adding up. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Sure, if she was suffering from a painful, fatal disease, it would explain why she had taken off. Pam was impulsive sometimes. If she believed sparing Bobby and Christopher from the pain of watching her die was what was best for them, she wouldn't hesitate to leave them to protect them.</p><p></p><p></p><p>But Katherine?</p><p></p><p></p><p>There was no way Pam would ever trust Katherine to handle her final requests. Pam was a good hearted woman and tried not to carry hate in her heart, but Booby knew she hated Katherine.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Katherine had broken up their marriage and caused their divorce. She'd try to kill Bobby twice. Pam wouldn't reach out to Katherine even if they were the last two people on Earth.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby sighed heavily and sat up. There was no way he was ever going to get any sleep now. There was only one thing that would ever settle the restless thoughts in his mind.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He had to go to Canada.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You can go on home, Crystal. Have a good evening."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sly?" Crystal hesitated. "Can I talk to you for just a minute."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sly glanced at her watch. "Sure, but make it quick. I have some papers I need to drop off to Mr. Smithfield."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Crystal dropped her gaze to the floor. "Your uncle. The one who came to see you today…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What about him?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He...he's a cop, right?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Crystal, what's this all about?" Sly snapped. "Please get the point."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm in trouble, Sly. Serious trouble. I thought maybe your uncle could help me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why would he want to do that?" Sly asked. "Crystal what kind of trouble are you in?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I stole papers from your desk and gave them to Jeremy Wendell. And...I know who caused the explosion on the oil rig."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sly sucked in a deep breath. "Yes, I'd say that's pretty big trouble. Sit down right there," she pointed at a chair beside her desk. "Don't move."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sly walked behind the desk and picked up the phone. "Uncle Harry? It's Sly. You know how you asked me to keep an eye on Crystal Baker? Well, she just confessed. You'd better get down to Weststar right away."</p><p></p><p></p><p>*""</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well?" JR snapped impatiently. "Start talking."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, JR, you're making a big deal out of nothing! I didn't tell you I was still having dizzy spells because I didn't want to worry you. As for the pregnancy test…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes?" JR pushed her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The doctor mentioned pregnancy in passing. I didn't think it was possible because I'm on the pill, but when the dizziness didn't stop I figured I should take a test anyway."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Uh huh," JR mocked her. "And tell me Sue Ellen, when were you planning to share all of this with me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I… I would have told you right away if the test had been positive. Since it wasn't, I decided there wasn't any reason to share it and upset you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Upset me?" JR repeated. "Why do you think I'd be upset?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, we haven't talked about having more children since...well since before Holly Harwood. I have no idea how you feel about having a baby and to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it either. Why talk about something that isn't going to happen? Maybe I thought…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You thought what, Sue Ellen?" JR's voice turned gentle. "Did you think I'd be mad if you were pregnant or mad that you aren't?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know," Sue Ellen admitted. "Both. Neither. JR, I just don't know!" She burst out crying, sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm sorry, JR! I don't know what's wrong with me!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sighed and reached out to her. "Come up here and sit by me for a minute," he told her. "Come on now, honey," he cajoled her when she didn't move. "I promise not to bite your head off."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen slowly stood up and moved to sit beside him on the bed. "JR, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lie to you. I just didn't know what to say."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, you and I have been through hell and back together.We've survived lies and secrets, other women, other men, alcohol, a paternity suit, my greed… I know you think our relationship is some kind of fragile thing, but it's not, honey. It's strong. We survived all those horrible things because our love is strong, it held us together even when we could hardly stand the sight of one another. Now, we have a new start. A chance to build a new future full of good instead of bad. You can't bury your head in the sand and run away every time something unexpected happens. If we are going to have the life we dreamed of together, we both have to be willing to talk about anything. That's how we protect this new happiness, Sue Ellen. Neither of us is perfect; far from it, But we have to have enough faith in one another to share the bad along with the good."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know you're right, JR," Sue Ellen whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And I'm sorry I reacted so badly," he brought her hand to his mouth and kissed it softly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Would you...would you want to have another child, JR?" she asked him before she could stop herself.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"To be honest I've not given it much thought," he answered. "When you and I remarried, I just assumed there'd be more kids. After a few years I just stopped thinking about it. When you had the miscarriage, I was heartbroken. But as the years went by, I just put it out of my head."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR...about that miscarriage…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, Sue Ellen, I know it was probably Peter's baby. I don't want to talk about that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It was your baby," she told him. "I've never doubted it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why?" JR asked. "How can you be sure?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I made Peter use protection," she said, her voice sick with shame. "He thought it was his because he believed I wasn't being intimate with you. Of course, I knew better."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR reached out and brushed a strand of stray hair from her face. "I love you Sue Ellen. I'm content with our life as it is. If there was another baby I'd be content with that too. So long as you stay by my side, I'll always be content."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, honey?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm really sorry I made you doubt me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And I'm really sorry I doubted you instead of thinking you probably had a very good reason for not telling me. Besides, I'm one to talk. I feel like a big, fat hypocrite."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What? Why?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I've been keeping a couple of things from you too," he confessed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What things?" Sue Ellen's face grew dark with suspicion.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"For one thing, I talked to Gary."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Gary? Really? How did that go?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Slow," JR told her. "Mostly we talked about Lucy and how proud we both were of her. He asked about you. I asked about Valene. It was awkward. But he told me I should call again when I got out of the hospital, and I think I will. Might be time to mend that fence."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's wonderful, JR. I'm so very proud of you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, you won't be so proud of me when you hear the second thing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did you do, JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I told Harv Smithfield to pay Mandy to get her out of our lives."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen couldn't help herself, she burst out laughing. "Let me guess, Mandy turned the money down flat."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR said sheepishly. "So we threatened her with a restraining order."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen laughed harder, holding her sides and gasping for air.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What the hell is so funny?" JR asked </p><p></p><p></p><p>"You are," Sue Ellen said once she could breathe again. "Oh, JR, I don't think we need a restraining order. She'll eventually get the message and move on. The best way to get rid of her is to ignore her existence. She can't hurt us any longer. And...I'm really sorry I threw her name in your face when we were arguing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're forgiven," he smiled at her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"As are you," she said breathlessly. "I love you, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I want to kiss you so badly right now it hurts. But can't have my heart rate going up again and signaling the cavalry."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen laughed and hugged him tightly. They laid together on JR's hospital bed, quietly holding on to each other for a very long time.</p><p></p><p></p><p>**"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hurry up, John Ross!" Christopher urged from the doorway where he was posted as lookout. "Daddy could come out of his room any minute!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He's not your daddy, he's your uncle," John Ross told him. "Just hang on a minute, I almost have it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>John Ross was standing on his mother's vanity seat, rummaging through the top shelf of his father's closet. "Got it!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>He climbed down and carried the seat back to the vanity. "Come on, let's get back to my room."</p><p></p><p></p><p>The boys peaked out of the doorway, looked both ways, then scurried across the hall. Once they were safely inside the bedroom with the door closed, John Ross opened the shoe box he'd taken from his father's closet.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"WOW! Look at all that money!" Christopher cried.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah." John Ross agreed, "Daddy says it's always smart to keep some cash on hand in case of an emergency. So, now we have plenty of money. Now all we have to do is figure out where we're gonna go."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Has there been any more trouble from Mr. and Mrs. Ewing?" the doctor asked, leaning against the nurses' station.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, they've been asleep for a while," the nurse told him. "When I went in to take her blood and urine, she was in the bed with him. I told her it was fine. I hope that's okay. Mr. Ewing has been very difficult and I didn't want him to get upset again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's fine," the doctor assured her. "So long as there isn't any.... heart accelerating activity, I have no problem if she sleeps with him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do you want me to wake them up so you can talk to them about Mrs. Ewing's test results?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," the doctor sighed. "Let them have some peace and good sleep. Morning will be soon enough to give them the bad news."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 215850, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 30 *** "JR, I have no idea what you're talking about and I really don't appreciate having you call me a liar." JR's eyebrows shot up. "Well, darlin' if you don't want me to call you a liar, maybe you'd better stop lying to me." "JR! What are you talking about? How can you think such a thing!" "Cut the Innocent act, Miss Texas," JR growled. "I saw the pregnancy test in your purse." Sue Ellen's eyes grew wide with shock. "What exactly were you doing snooping around in my purse, JR?" "I wasn't snooping. I was looking for a cough drop. And why should you care if I look in your purse if you have nothing to hide from me?" Sue Ellen brought her hands to her head and absently rubbed her temples. "JR, I…" "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt," the doctor came into the room. "I understand Mrs. Ewing has had another dizzy spell?" "She did," JR told him. "She says she's fine, but that's obviously not true." "Mrs. Ewing," the doctor looked at Sue Ellen. "I'd like to examine you and ask you some questions. We can do it here or I can take you down to an exam room if you'd rather." "No reason not to do it here," JR answered for her. "We don't have any secrets in our marriage do we, [I]my love[/I]?" he put a special, sarcastic emphasis on the last two words. "No, we don't, [I]darlin[/I]'," Sue Ellen matched his sarcasm. "Here is fine, doctor." JR watched in brooding silence as the doctor took Sue Ellen's blood pressure and pulse and listened to her heart with a stethoscope. "Just the one dizzy spell?" he asked her. "No…," she admitted, casting a nervous glance at JR. "Truthfully, I've been dealing with dizziness all day." "Nausea?" "Oh yes," Sue Ellen said. "I'm going to order some blood work and get a urine sample. We talked earlier about pregnancy. I know you said you were on birth control, but I'd still like to check." "That's not necessary, doctor," Sue Ellen said sheepishly. "I took a home test I got from the hospital pharmacy." "And?" the doctor asked. "I'm not pregnant," she said in a rush. "Alright. We'll still check. You might still be and it's just too early to be detected by an over the counter test. Any other symptoms I should know about?" "She's sweating," JR chimed in. "When she gets dizzy, she breaks out into a sweat." "Yes," Sue Ellen confirmed. "I get very hot and then very cold." "Okay," the doctor stood up straight and looked at them both. "Both of you need to listen to me carefully. Mrs. Ewing, I'll send a nurse in to draw blood and get a urine sample. In the meantime, I want you to get some rest. And Mr. Ewing, I don't want to hear another word about you getting out of that bed. So help me if that happens again, I'll restrict all visitors and Mrs. Ewing will have to leave. No more excitement. Do I make myself clear?" "Yes, doctor," Sue Ellen said, staring at the floor. "Mr. Ewing?" "Crystal clear," JR ground out. "Good," the doctor said. "Mrs. Ewing, I'll be back as soon as I get your test results." Sue Ellen and JR were silent as they watched him walk out of the room. "Alright, Sue Ellen," JR said, his eyes glittering, "spill it. All of it." **** Wendell was in a dark mood. Mandy had called him and filed him in on the call from Smithfield. It seemed JR had no further use for the lovely Miss Winger; and that meant Jeremy had no further use for her either. He couldn't figure JR out. Why would he drop Mandy if he planned to divorce Sue Ellen? And why would he be shopping around his Weststar stock after all the trouble he and his meddling wife had gone through to make him CEO? His face darkened further when he thought about Sue Ellen. He'd been so stupid to trust her. She'd played him like a fiddle, plotting with him and Kimberly, flirting for all she was worth. Then she'd told him she'd never sleep with him and had run straight back to JR, taking all her Weststar stock with her. He has to grudgingly admit the Ewings were smart. He'd never seen Sue Ellen's betrayal coming, but so help him he would make her pay. And he was more than happy to destroy her disgusting husband in the process. *** Bobby couldn't sleep. He was exhausted, but his mind wouldn't shut off. He kept thinking about his earlier conversation with JR. His brother was right, something about the situation with Pam wasn't adding up. Sure, if she was suffering from a painful, fatal disease, it would explain why she had taken off. Pam was impulsive sometimes. If she believed sparing Bobby and Christopher from the pain of watching her die was what was best for them, she wouldn't hesitate to leave them to protect them. But Katherine? There was no way Pam would ever trust Katherine to handle her final requests. Pam was a good hearted woman and tried not to carry hate in her heart, but Booby knew she hated Katherine. Katherine had broken up their marriage and caused their divorce. She'd try to kill Bobby twice. Pam wouldn't reach out to Katherine even if they were the last two people on Earth. Bobby sighed heavily and sat up. There was no way he was ever going to get any sleep now. There was only one thing that would ever settle the restless thoughts in his mind. He had to go to Canada. *** "You can go on home, Crystal. Have a good evening." "Sly?" Crystal hesitated. "Can I talk to you for just a minute." Sly glanced at her watch. "Sure, but make it quick. I have some papers I need to drop off to Mr. Smithfield." Crystal dropped her gaze to the floor. "Your uncle. The one who came to see you today…" "What about him?" "He...he's a cop, right?" "Crystal, what's this all about?" Sly snapped. "Please get the point." "I'm in trouble, Sly. Serious trouble. I thought maybe your uncle could help me." "Why would he want to do that?" Sly asked. "Crystal what kind of trouble are you in?" "I stole papers from your desk and gave them to Jeremy Wendell. And...I know who caused the explosion on the oil rig." Sly sucked in a deep breath. "Yes, I'd say that's pretty big trouble. Sit down right there," she pointed at a chair beside her desk. "Don't move." Sly walked behind the desk and picked up the phone. "Uncle Harry? It's Sly. You know how you asked me to keep an eye on Crystal Baker? Well, she just confessed. You'd better get down to Weststar right away." *"" "Well?" JR snapped impatiently. "Start talking." "Oh, JR, you're making a big deal out of nothing! I didn't tell you I was still having dizzy spells because I didn't want to worry you. As for the pregnancy test…" "Yes?" JR pushed her. "The doctor mentioned pregnancy in passing. I didn't think it was possible because I'm on the pill, but when the dizziness didn't stop I figured I should take a test anyway." "Uh huh," JR mocked her. "And tell me Sue Ellen, when were you planning to share all of this with me?" "I… I would have told you right away if the test had been positive. Since it wasn't, I decided there wasn't any reason to share it and upset you." "Upset me?" JR repeated. "Why do you think I'd be upset?" "JR, we haven't talked about having more children since...well since before Holly Harwood. I have no idea how you feel about having a baby and to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about it either. Why talk about something that isn't going to happen? Maybe I thought…" "You thought what, Sue Ellen?" JR's voice turned gentle. "Did you think I'd be mad if you were pregnant or mad that you aren't?" "I don't know," Sue Ellen admitted. "Both. Neither. JR, I just don't know!" She burst out crying, sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm sorry, JR! I don't know what's wrong with me!" JR sighed and reached out to her. "Come up here and sit by me for a minute," he told her. "Come on now, honey," he cajoled her when she didn't move. "I promise not to bite your head off." Sue Ellen slowly stood up and moved to sit beside him on the bed. "JR, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lie to you. I just didn't know what to say." "Sue Ellen, you and I have been through hell and back together.We've survived lies and secrets, other women, other men, alcohol, a paternity suit, my greed… I know you think our relationship is some kind of fragile thing, but it's not, honey. It's strong. We survived all those horrible things because our love is strong, it held us together even when we could hardly stand the sight of one another. Now, we have a new start. A chance to build a new future full of good instead of bad. You can't bury your head in the sand and run away every time something unexpected happens. If we are going to have the life we dreamed of together, we both have to be willing to talk about anything. That's how we protect this new happiness, Sue Ellen. Neither of us is perfect; far from it, But we have to have enough faith in one another to share the bad along with the good." "I know you're right, JR," Sue Ellen whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." "And I'm sorry I reacted so badly," he brought her hand to his mouth and kissed it softly. "Would you...would you want to have another child, JR?" she asked him before she could stop herself. "To be honest I've not given it much thought," he answered. "When you and I remarried, I just assumed there'd be more kids. After a few years I just stopped thinking about it. When you had the miscarriage, I was heartbroken. But as the years went by, I just put it out of my head." "JR...about that miscarriage…" "Oh, Sue Ellen, I know it was probably Peter's baby. I don't want to talk about that." "It was your baby," she told him. "I've never doubted it." "Why?" JR asked. "How can you be sure?" "I made Peter use protection," she said, her voice sick with shame. "He thought it was his because he believed I wasn't being intimate with you. Of course, I knew better." JR reached out and brushed a strand of stray hair from her face. "I love you Sue Ellen. I'm content with our life as it is. If there was another baby I'd be content with that too. So long as you stay by my side, I'll always be content." "JR?" "Yes, honey?" "I'm really sorry I made you doubt me." "And I'm really sorry I doubted you instead of thinking you probably had a very good reason for not telling me. Besides, I'm one to talk. I feel like a big, fat hypocrite." "What? Why?" "I've been keeping a couple of things from you too," he confessed. "What things?" Sue Ellen's face grew dark with suspicion. "For one thing, I talked to Gary." "Gary? Really? How did that go?" "Slow," JR told her. "Mostly we talked about Lucy and how proud we both were of her. He asked about you. I asked about Valene. It was awkward. But he told me I should call again when I got out of the hospital, and I think I will. Might be time to mend that fence." "That's wonderful, JR. I'm so very proud of you." "Well, you won't be so proud of me when you hear the second thing." "What did you do, JR?" "I told Harv Smithfield to pay Mandy to get her out of our lives." Sue Ellen couldn't help herself, she burst out laughing. "Let me guess, Mandy turned the money down flat." "Yes," JR said sheepishly. "So we threatened her with a restraining order." Sue Ellen laughed harder, holding her sides and gasping for air. "What the hell is so funny?" JR asked "You are," Sue Ellen said once she could breathe again. "Oh, JR, I don't think we need a restraining order. She'll eventually get the message and move on. The best way to get rid of her is to ignore her existence. She can't hurt us any longer. And...I'm really sorry I threw her name in your face when we were arguing." "You're forgiven," he smiled at her. "As are you," she said breathlessly. "I love you, JR." "I want to kiss you so badly right now it hurts. But can't have my heart rate going up again and signaling the cavalry." Sue Ellen laughed and hugged him tightly. They laid together on JR's hospital bed, quietly holding on to each other for a very long time. **" "Hurry up, John Ross!" Christopher urged from the doorway where he was posted as lookout. "Daddy could come out of his room any minute!" "He's not your daddy, he's your uncle," John Ross told him. "Just hang on a minute, I almost have it." John Ross was standing on his mother's vanity seat, rummaging through the top shelf of his father's closet. "Got it!" He climbed down and carried the seat back to the vanity. "Come on, let's get back to my room." The boys peaked out of the doorway, looked both ways, then scurried across the hall. Once they were safely inside the bedroom with the door closed, John Ross opened the shoe box he'd taken from his father's closet. "WOW! Look at all that money!" Christopher cried. "Yeah." John Ross agreed, "Daddy says it's always smart to keep some cash on hand in case of an emergency. So, now we have plenty of money. Now all we have to do is figure out where we're gonna go." *** "Has there been any more trouble from Mr. and Mrs. Ewing?" the doctor asked, leaning against the nurses' station. "No, they've been asleep for a while," the nurse told him. "When I went in to take her blood and urine, she was in the bed with him. I told her it was fine. I hope that's okay. Mr. Ewing has been very difficult and I didn't want him to get upset again." "It's fine," the doctor assured her. "So long as there isn't any.... heart accelerating activity, I have no problem if she sleeps with him." "Do you want me to wake them up so you can talk to them about Mrs. Ewing's test results?" "No," the doctor sighed. "Let them have some peace and good sleep. Morning will be soon enough to give them the bad news." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top