Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 214233" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 20</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR? Can I have a moment alone with you before we go talk to the boys?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course," he took Sue Ellen's hand, led her up the stairs, into the bedroom, and shut the door. "What is it, honey?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I just…if it's Dusty doing all this…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR held up his hand and stopped her, "Sue Ellen, if you ask me not to hurt that bastard…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?" Sue Ellen interrupted him. "Oh, no JR! I don't want to think he'd anything so awful and I'll feel horrible for Clayton, but if he's the one hurting our children, I want you to take care of him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Then what's wrong?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I...I just wanted to say how sorry I am and I understand if you blame me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Blame you?" JR was confused. "Darlin' why on Earth would I blame you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"If I had never cheated with Dusty…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now, you stop that, honey. Right now." JR sat down on the bed and pulled her down onto his lap. "This isn't your fault. You hear me? Whatever sick thing is in Farlow's mind you didn't put it there."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, but…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR silenced her with a soft, gentle kiss. "No buts, Sue Ellen. You and I have both done some things we're not proud of. That's between us and it's over. You haven't seen or heard from him in years. Nothing and I mean NOTHING about this is your fault."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Then why do I feel so guilty, JR?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Because you have had a rotten husband who has treated you poorly and always made you feel everything was your fault even when nothing was. He won't ever do that to you again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, JR," Sue Ellen sighed and hugged him tightly. "I love you so very much."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And I love you," JR said, kissing her hair. "I told you once before, this family attracts psychos. All the shooting and kidnapping…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's words trailed off and Sue Ellen felt his body stiffen. "What is it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Nothing," JR grunted. </p><p></p><p></p><p>There was a hard knock on the door. "It's me," Bobby called out. "Can I come in?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure thing, Bob," JR gently moved Sue Ellen off his lap and stood up.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You two ready to talk to the boys?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ready as I'll ever be," Sue Ellen stood and walked into the hallway.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby started to follow her but JR put his hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Did you call Clayton?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, he's on his way over."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good," JR nodded. "I want to talk to him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you scared?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>April looked over at the other woman and shrugged. "A little. But Bobby and Cliff will both be here with guns, so we'll be fine."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I knew those two boys were hiding something. Didn't think it was anything this important."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey, do you want me to take you back to Southfork before the shooting starts?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, no. Whoever is messing with my cousins, I want to see them get what's coming to them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You Ewings really know how to circle the wagons."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We have our problems," Lucy admitted, "but we stick together when it counts. I almost feel sorry for whoever is behind all this. Almost."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>They knew. It was late, but every light in the house was on. The kid had told.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He put down his binoculars, threw his cigarette butt out the window, and considered his options. He could turn around and leave. He still had two hours before midnight. But they'd catch him. It was a sure thing they knew his name by now, between him delivering the horses and talking to both Farlow and that private investigator looking for Dusty.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He was caught.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He looked at his watch. 10:00. Still two hours until midnight. Still a little time.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He opened up his glove box and took out the pistol. He only had two choices; flight or fight -and he had less than two hours to make that choice.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are we in trouble?" Christopher asked, his wide eyes moving back and forth between the adults.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not exactly," Bobby sighed. "But we need to have a serious talk about keeping secrets."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You told!" Christopher accused John Ross.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, Christopher!" John Ross confessed. "But I had to! That note isn't from Aunt Pam!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How do you know?" Christopher cried.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Because your mommy wouldn't contact you that way, Christopher," Bobby interrupted. He walked across the room, sat down on the bed, and pulled Christopher onto his lap. "Son, I know you miss your mommy. I miss her too. It's hard to understand why she left and hard to accept that she's not coming back, but we have to."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She's coming back and I am going to see her tonight!" Christopher insisted.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen moved to the foot of the bed and sank to her knees in front of Bobby and Christopher. She reached out and held both of Christopher's hands in her own. "Listen to me sweetheart, your mommy loves you very much, but she is too sick to be with you. She knows how much your daddy loves you. She knows how much Uncle JR and I love you. She's counting on us to keep you safe. And she would never, EVER ask you to lie to your daddy. Christopher, your mommy knows that your daddy would never stop her from seeing you. NEVER. She wouldn't put you through this."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I miss her!" Christopher sobbed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I know you do, sweetheart," Sue Ellen leaned forward and took him from Bobby and pulled him into her arms. I miss her too. We all do. But she would never ask you to keep secrets from us and deep down you know that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Christopher held on to his aunt tightly and cried. Sue Ellen rocked him gently and smoothed his fair. "It's alright, sweetheart," she soothed him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What are you going to do, daddy?" John Ross looked up at his father.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm going to find out who did this and make sure they never bother you boys or your mother ever again," JR said with conviction.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Boys, there's something else we need to talk to you about. We should have told you both this a long time ago, but we're guilty of keeping secrets too," Bobby sighed. "This is going to be hard to understand and I just want you both to know we only kept this from you because we thought it's what was best for you both."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What is it?" John Ross asked, staring up at his uncle.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well...um…" Bobby stammered.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Boys," JR took over, " you both know Christopher is adopted. We told you the truth when we told you his real mother died when he was a baby. What we never told you is…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's voice trailed off. He looked over at Bobby who shrugged. Both men were at a loss for words.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Christopher," Sue Ellen pulled back slightly and kissed him on the forehead. "Your mother, your real mother - she was my sister."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Whoa. What? You have a sister?" John Ross asked excitedly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I had a sister," Sue Ellen told him. "Her name was Kristen. She died when you were very young."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And she was my real mommy?" Christopher asked, his eyes full of confusion.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, sweetheart. You are my nephew. My blood nephew."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But…" Christopher shook his head. "If my real mommy was your sister then how come you and Uncle JR didn't take me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well...Christopher, it's complicated," Sue Ellen sighed. "Your uncle JR and I weren't getting along. We had John Ross. And your mommy and daddy loved you and wanted you so much. It was what was best for you, and I knew I could be with you whenever I wanted and love you everyday."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So…I'm a real Ewing?" Christopher asked, his face lit up with wonder.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, you're a Sheppard, just like me," Sue Ellen told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But you're a real Ewing, so that makes me a real Ewing too, right?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Damn straight, boy," JR said. "You've always been a real Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Wow!" Christopher whooped with joy. He turned around and flung himself into Bobby's arms. "I'm a real Ewing, Daddy!" He laughed. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"You alright, John Ross?" Sue Ellen asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. But you guys should have told us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're right, son," JR told him. "A family is no place for secrets. I promise it won't happen again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry about your sister, Mama," John Ross looked over at his mother.</p><p></p><p></p><p>She stood up, walked over to him, and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, John Ross."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, now that all that's settled," JR said, his voice firm and serious, "The adults have work to do. You boys stay upstairs with Lucy, you hear? No matter what happens, don't come down until Uncle Bobby or Uncle Cliff comes to get you. Understood?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, sir," the boys said in unison.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good," JR nodded. "We'd better get started. Time is short."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's a lot of fire power," Cliff shook his head.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Better too much than too little," Ray told him. His head jerked up when the doorbell rang. "Can you get that Cliff?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff walked over and opened the front door. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cliff, what are you doing here?" Miss Ellie asked, surprised to see him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I was here for dinner, and kinda got stuck," Cliff sighed. "Clayton," he nodded his head at the other man and stepped aside to let them come through the door.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ray, what is so all fired important that couldn't wait until morning…" his voice trailed off when he saw all the guns laid out and Harry McSween seated in the living room. "What happened?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's a long story, Clayton," Ray sighed. "And you're gonna want to be sitting down when you hear it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"""</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I think the boys handled everything very well," Sue Ellen said, watching while JR changed his shirt.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, it went better than I expected it to."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR turned to face her and arched an eyebrow in a silent question.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please be careful."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR took her by the hand and pulled her off the bed and into his arms. "I promise," he whispered into her ear before claiming her lips in a long, gentle kiss. "This will all be over before you know it, darlin'."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and hugged him tightly. "I hope so, JR. I truly hope so."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Soon. Very soon. Those boys would be here and the beauty queen would be destroyed. The graves were ready. Sue Ellen Ewing and her brats wouldn't be getting a headstone or a nice memorial. They'd be alone for eternity, out in the dessert. They were lucky to be even getting a hole in the ground. They deserved to be left out in the open, for crows and coyotes to make a fest of their flesh.</p><p></p><p></p><p>A small smile came at the thought of miss high and mighty having her body desecrated by animals. Too bad that wasn't an option - too much of a chance their bodies would be found.</p><p></p><p></p><p>No, the plan was perfect. The Ewings would never find her or the boys. Then they'd know. They'd know the pain of never having closure. They deserved it. They liked to destroy other families. Now it was time for them to reap what they'd always sewn.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't believe Dusty would do this," Clayton said. "I'm going to the barn with you boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's fine," JR shrugged. "But if it turns out to be Dusty, I'll kill him without a second thought. You try to stop me, I'll go through you. Understand?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It won't be Dusty," Clayton insisted.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The cowboy knows him. You said so yourself, Clayton," Ray said. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, but it has to be a coincidence. Dusty doesn't have it in him to hurt a child!</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope you're right, Clayton," Bobby sighed. "But Dusty is the only one who makes sense."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Actually," JR finished loading his gun and tucked it into the holster on his hip. "There is one other person who makes sense. It occurred to me while I was upstairs talking to Sue Ellen about all the trouble this family has had with psychos in the past."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Who, JR?" Ellie asked. "Who else would know you and Sue Ellen as intimately as Dusty? Who else would have a motive to hurt Sue Ellen and the boys?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, I have a hunch, but I might be wrong," JR said. He turned to look Clayton directly in the eyes. "But tell me Clayton. How is your psychotic sister doing these days?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 214233, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 20 *** "JR? Can I have a moment alone with you before we go talk to the boys?" "Of course," he took Sue Ellen's hand, led her up the stairs, into the bedroom, and shut the door. "What is it, honey?" "I just…if it's Dusty doing all this…" JR held up his hand and stopped her, "Sue Ellen, if you ask me not to hurt that bastard…" "What?" Sue Ellen interrupted him. "Oh, no JR! I don't want to think he'd anything so awful and I'll feel horrible for Clayton, but if he's the one hurting our children, I want you to take care of him." "Then what's wrong?" "I...I just wanted to say how sorry I am and I understand if you blame me." "Blame you?" JR was confused. "Darlin' why on Earth would I blame you?" "If I had never cheated with Dusty…" "Now, you stop that, honey. Right now." JR sat down on the bed and pulled her down onto his lap. "This isn't your fault. You hear me? Whatever sick thing is in Farlow's mind you didn't put it there." "Yes, but…" JR silenced her with a soft, gentle kiss. "No buts, Sue Ellen. You and I have both done some things we're not proud of. That's between us and it's over. You haven't seen or heard from him in years. Nothing and I mean NOTHING about this is your fault." "Then why do I feel so guilty, JR?" "Because you have had a rotten husband who has treated you poorly and always made you feel everything was your fault even when nothing was. He won't ever do that to you again." "Oh, JR," Sue Ellen sighed and hugged him tightly. "I love you so very much." "And I love you," JR said, kissing her hair. "I told you once before, this family attracts psychos. All the shooting and kidnapping…" JR's words trailed off and Sue Ellen felt his body stiffen. "What is it?" "Nothing," JR grunted. There was a hard knock on the door. "It's me," Bobby called out. "Can I come in?" "Sure thing, Bob," JR gently moved Sue Ellen off his lap and stood up. "You two ready to talk to the boys?" "Ready as I'll ever be," Sue Ellen stood and walked into the hallway. Bobby started to follow her but JR put his hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Did you call Clayton?" "Yes, he's on his way over." "Good," JR nodded. "I want to talk to him." *** "Are you scared?" April looked over at the other woman and shrugged. "A little. But Bobby and Cliff will both be here with guns, so we'll be fine." "I knew those two boys were hiding something. Didn't think it was anything this important." "Hey, do you want me to take you back to Southfork before the shooting starts?" "Oh, no. Whoever is messing with my cousins, I want to see them get what's coming to them." "You Ewings really know how to circle the wagons." "We have our problems," Lucy admitted, "but we stick together when it counts. I almost feel sorry for whoever is behind all this. Almost." *** They knew. It was late, but every light in the house was on. The kid had told. He put down his binoculars, threw his cigarette butt out the window, and considered his options. He could turn around and leave. He still had two hours before midnight. But they'd catch him. It was a sure thing they knew his name by now, between him delivering the horses and talking to both Farlow and that private investigator looking for Dusty. He was caught. He looked at his watch. 10:00. Still two hours until midnight. Still a little time. He opened up his glove box and took out the pistol. He only had two choices; flight or fight -and he had less than two hours to make that choice. *** "Are we in trouble?" Christopher asked, his wide eyes moving back and forth between the adults. "Not exactly," Bobby sighed. "But we need to have a serious talk about keeping secrets." "You told!" Christopher accused John Ross. "I'm sorry, Christopher!" John Ross confessed. "But I had to! That note isn't from Aunt Pam!" "How do you know?" Christopher cried. "Because your mommy wouldn't contact you that way, Christopher," Bobby interrupted. He walked across the room, sat down on the bed, and pulled Christopher onto his lap. "Son, I know you miss your mommy. I miss her too. It's hard to understand why she left and hard to accept that she's not coming back, but we have to." "She's coming back and I am going to see her tonight!" Christopher insisted. Sue Ellen moved to the foot of the bed and sank to her knees in front of Bobby and Christopher. She reached out and held both of Christopher's hands in her own. "Listen to me sweetheart, your mommy loves you very much, but she is too sick to be with you. She knows how much your daddy loves you. She knows how much Uncle JR and I love you. She's counting on us to keep you safe. And she would never, EVER ask you to lie to your daddy. Christopher, your mommy knows that your daddy would never stop her from seeing you. NEVER. She wouldn't put you through this." "I miss her!" Christopher sobbed. "I know you do, sweetheart," Sue Ellen leaned forward and took him from Bobby and pulled him into her arms. I miss her too. We all do. But she would never ask you to keep secrets from us and deep down you know that." Christopher held on to his aunt tightly and cried. Sue Ellen rocked him gently and smoothed his fair. "It's alright, sweetheart," she soothed him. "What are you going to do, daddy?" John Ross looked up at his father. "I'm going to find out who did this and make sure they never bother you boys or your mother ever again," JR said with conviction. "Boys, there's something else we need to talk to you about. We should have told you both this a long time ago, but we're guilty of keeping secrets too," Bobby sighed. "This is going to be hard to understand and I just want you both to know we only kept this from you because we thought it's what was best for you both." "What is it?" John Ross asked, staring up at his uncle. "Well...um…" Bobby stammered. "Boys," JR took over, " you both know Christopher is adopted. We told you the truth when we told you his real mother died when he was a baby. What we never told you is…" JR's voice trailed off. He looked over at Bobby who shrugged. Both men were at a loss for words. "Christopher," Sue Ellen pulled back slightly and kissed him on the forehead. "Your mother, your real mother - she was my sister." "Whoa. What? You have a sister?" John Ross asked excitedly. "I had a sister," Sue Ellen told him. "Her name was Kristen. She died when you were very young." "And she was my real mommy?" Christopher asked, his eyes full of confusion. "Yes, sweetheart. You are my nephew. My blood nephew." "But…" Christopher shook his head. "If my real mommy was your sister then how come you and Uncle JR didn't take me?" "Well...Christopher, it's complicated," Sue Ellen sighed. "Your uncle JR and I weren't getting along. We had John Ross. And your mommy and daddy loved you and wanted you so much. It was what was best for you, and I knew I could be with you whenever I wanted and love you everyday." "So…I'm a real Ewing?" Christopher asked, his face lit up with wonder. "Well, you're a Sheppard, just like me," Sue Ellen told him. "But you're a real Ewing, so that makes me a real Ewing too, right?" "Damn straight, boy," JR said. "You've always been a real Ewing." "Wow!" Christopher whooped with joy. He turned around and flung himself into Bobby's arms. "I'm a real Ewing, Daddy!" He laughed. "You alright, John Ross?" Sue Ellen asked. "Yeah. But you guys should have told us." "You're right, son," JR told him. "A family is no place for secrets. I promise it won't happen again." "I'm sorry about your sister, Mama," John Ross looked over at his mother. She stood up, walked over to him, and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, John Ross." "Well, now that all that's settled," JR said, his voice firm and serious, "The adults have work to do. You boys stay upstairs with Lucy, you hear? No matter what happens, don't come down until Uncle Bobby or Uncle Cliff comes to get you. Understood?" "Yes, sir," the boys said in unison. "Good," JR nodded. "We'd better get started. Time is short." *** "That's a lot of fire power," Cliff shook his head. "Better too much than too little," Ray told him. His head jerked up when the doorbell rang. "Can you get that Cliff?" Cliff walked over and opened the front door. "Cliff, what are you doing here?" Miss Ellie asked, surprised to see him. "I was here for dinner, and kinda got stuck," Cliff sighed. "Clayton," he nodded his head at the other man and stepped aside to let them come through the door. "Ray, what is so all fired important that couldn't wait until morning…" his voice trailed off when he saw all the guns laid out and Harry McSween seated in the living room. "What happened?" "It's a long story, Clayton," Ray sighed. "And you're gonna want to be sitting down when you hear it." """ "I think the boys handled everything very well," Sue Ellen said, watching while JR changed his shirt. "Yes, it went better than I expected it to." "JR?" JR turned to face her and arched an eyebrow in a silent question. "Please be careful." JR took her by the hand and pulled her off the bed and into his arms. "I promise," he whispered into her ear before claiming her lips in a long, gentle kiss. "This will all be over before you know it, darlin'." Sue Ellen nodded and hugged him tightly. "I hope so, JR. I truly hope so." *** Soon. Very soon. Those boys would be here and the beauty queen would be destroyed. The graves were ready. Sue Ellen Ewing and her brats wouldn't be getting a headstone or a nice memorial. They'd be alone for eternity, out in the dessert. They were lucky to be even getting a hole in the ground. They deserved to be left out in the open, for crows and coyotes to make a fest of their flesh. A small smile came at the thought of miss high and mighty having her body desecrated by animals. Too bad that wasn't an option - too much of a chance their bodies would be found. No, the plan was perfect. The Ewings would never find her or the boys. Then they'd know. They'd know the pain of never having closure. They deserved it. They liked to destroy other families. Now it was time for them to reap what they'd always sewn. *** "I don't believe Dusty would do this," Clayton said. "I'm going to the barn with you boys." "That's fine," JR shrugged. "But if it turns out to be Dusty, I'll kill him without a second thought. You try to stop me, I'll go through you. Understand?" "It won't be Dusty," Clayton insisted. "The cowboy knows him. You said so yourself, Clayton," Ray said. "Yes, but it has to be a coincidence. Dusty doesn't have it in him to hurt a child! "I hope you're right, Clayton," Bobby sighed. "But Dusty is the only one who makes sense." "Actually," JR finished loading his gun and tucked it into the holster on his hip. "There is one other person who makes sense. It occurred to me while I was upstairs talking to Sue Ellen about all the trouble this family has had with psychos in the past." "Who, JR?" Ellie asked. "Who else would know you and Sue Ellen as intimately as Dusty? Who else would have a motive to hurt Sue Ellen and the boys?" "Well, I have a hunch, but I might be wrong," JR said. He turned to look Clayton directly in the eyes. "But tell me Clayton. How is your psychotic sister doing these days?" *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top