Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 213895" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 18</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey, pour me one of those, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR turned his head and saw his niece walking into the room. "What are you doing over here?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen called and invited me over for dinner," Lucy shrugged.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I swear," JR groused, handing her the drink he'd made for her, "I love my wife, but she has a bad habit of collecting strays."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not a stray, JR, I'm your favorite niece!" Lucy grinned at him. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"The saddest part of my life is that I can't deny the truth of that statement," JR laughed. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"I talked to my daddy last night," Lucy told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that." </p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy rolled her eyes, "he said you gave him back ten percent of Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So, he's giving it to me," Lucy told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I thought he might," JR sighed. "Hope you have enough sense to let the people who know what they're doing run the business. All you need to do is just sit back and collect the profits."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Bobby is running Ewing Oil now, right?" Lucy questioned.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yep," JR told her. "So if you have a problem with the size of your checks, bitch to him, not me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"LUCY!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>The conversation about Ewing Oil was lost as Christopher and John Ross came bounding down the stairs. They both ran over to their cousin and hugged her tightly. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Will you sit with us at dinner?" Christopher asked excitedly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well of course!" Lucy laughed. "I don't want to be stuck with the stuffy old folks!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yay! Come on!" John Ross motioned for her to follow them. "Uncle Ray is setting up tables for dinner outside. We promised to help!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy laughed again and started to follow them from the room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Lucy, hang on just a second."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's voice stopped her. She turned to face him and raised her eyebrows in a silent question. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"The night of the shooting...well, I just wanted to thank you for stopping Sue Ellen from leaving me. I owe you one."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, are you feeling alright? Do you need to sit down and rest? Maybe I should call a doctor…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Very funny, Lucy," JR grumbled.</p><p></p><p></p><p>She laughed again and started toward the door, but stopped suddenly and turned to face him. "You're welcome, Uncle JR," she whispered softly before turning to join her cousins out on the patio.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is everything ready?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>The cowboy turned to face the source of the demanding voice. "Yes. I gave the boy the note. He'll be in the barn at midnight."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good. Remember I need BOTH boys. And you must bring them to me alive. Nothing works with corpses."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I understand. But just so we're clear, I deliver the Ewing boys to you and I'm out. I want my payment as soon as I hand them over. Then I'm out of here. Understood?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Perfectly understood. Just don't screw this up. The sooner I have Sue Ellen's precious little brats the sooner this will be over for all of us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You look happy," April told Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen looked up from her salad and smiled at her friend. "Oh, I am happy, April. So happy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No divorce?" April asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, no divorce," Sue Ellen agreed. "This whole trauma had been terrifying. But it forced JR and I to spend time together. And it made us both realize we don't want to lose our family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm so happy for you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, April. Now, what about you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What about me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We'll it's obvious there's no chemistry between you and Cliff, but I've noticed the way you're looking at Bobby."</p><p></p><p></p><p>April sighed and shook her head. "Bobby is great. I like him, but I don't think it's meant to be."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You'll never know if you don't try."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ladies," JR nodded and took a seat next to his wife. "Hope you don't mind if I join you, but not sure I can keep my food down if I have to sit at a dinner table with Barnes."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and April both laughed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, be nice," Sue Ellen admonished him playfully.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I am!" JR protested innocently, "I'm just kidding. I came over here because I wanted to have dinner with my lovely wife."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You two are meant to be together," April said. "We should all be so lucky."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR kissed Sue Ellen on the cheek and beamed. "I am the luckiest man alive. No arguing that."</p><p></p><p></p><p>April smiled at them both, then changed the subject. "JR, Marilee Stone came to see me a few days ago. She offered me above market price for my Weststar stock."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did you tell her?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I told her no," April shrugged. "I figured if she wanted that stock and was willing to pay such a handsome price, it would be worth even more to you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Can I get back to you in a couple of days?" JR asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No rush at all," April assured him. "Enough about business! Sue Ellen, you and I need to plan a serious day of shopping when you finally are free again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR only halfway listened to the women talking. Marilee was making her move against him. He was sure Cryder and Wendell were pulling her strings. He wondered how long he had before he'd be forced into making a final decision about his future at Weststar. </p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Would you like something to drink?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No ma'am," McSween replied. "Thanks for agreeing to see me on such short notice. I just have a few more questions for you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please, sit down," Mandy said, gesturing towards the couch. "I've been expecting another visit from you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why is that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR came by the same day you did. He told me there was trouble at Southfork. I imagine anything involving Sue Ellen Ewing makes me a prime suspect."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why are you still in Dallas?" McSween asked. "You finished your commercial."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"My reasons are personal," Mandy told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Anything to do with the Ewings?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Nothing involving the problems they've been having."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ms. Winger, let's not play games. You don't have an alibi for the night of the trouble. There's no reason for you to still be in Dallas. You have a motive to harm Mrs. Ewing. If you don't want to answer my questions, fine, but you'd better call a lawyer because I'll be forced to take you down to the station for a more formal interrogation."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What do you want to know?" Mandy sighed. "I already told you I was home alone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And the next night?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The next night I was having dinner with a friend. Happy to give you his name and number."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That would be helpful."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Mandy reached for a paper and pen. "I won't deny I have reason to hate Sue Ellen, but so do a lot of other people. If I were you, I'd start looking at her long list of lovers."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why is that?" McSween asked, reaching out to take the paper she'd written her information on.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Broken hearts sometimes don't heal. Sue Ellen has a habit of forming deep relationships with men then leaving them high and dry when she runs back to reclaim the power and prestige of being Mrs. JR Ewing. One of her former flames tracked me down when I first got back to Dallas."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Who? And why?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He only gave me a first name," Mandy informed him. "He showed up at the set of my commercial and demanded to talk to me. Made quite a scene."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did he want?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He wanted to know if I was seeing JR again. Then he asked me a bunch of questions about Sue Ellen and her role in my career. He asked me if I knew if JR and Sue Ellen were still reconciled."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What did you tell him?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The truth. That I hadn't seen JR in over a year but I still was in love with him. I told him about how Sue Ellen manipulated my career to get me away from JR. I told him that I'd heard they were divorcing and that JR had moved out of Southfork and into a condo in Dallas."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Did he tell you anything about himself or his plans?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He only said that he had loved Sue Ellen very much and had planned to make a life with her but she'd left him to go back to JR. He didn't mention anything about plans."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You said he gave you a first name."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, he did - Steven," Mandy told him. "He said his name was Steven."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Everyone had a lovely time at dinner," Sue Ellen said, handing Ray an empty plate to load into the dishwasher. "Seems strange. When we all get together at Southfork, there's always so much tension. "</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No offense, Sue Ellen, but the source of all that tension is usually JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen couldn't deny that. "Hopefully this new mellow mood will last a while."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I wouldn't doubt that," Ray said thoughtfully. "JR seems to be settling down quite a bit."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I truly hope so," Sue Ellen sighed. "Since JR and I are staying married, I won't need to buy your place Ray. I thank you so very much for the offer though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not a problem," Ray told her. "I kinda figured that's how this would go. Already have another buyer lined up."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I'm so glad."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. He came to me. Seems he thinks this would be the perfect place to raise his family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He's right," Sue Ellen sighed. "I really will miss this place."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey you guys," Cliff came into the kitchen, interrupting their conversation, "thanks again for the dinner invitation. Really enjoyed it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We enjoyed having you, Cliff," Sue Ellen smiled.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks. Probably a really good thing I'm not alone with my thoughts tonight. I can't shake the feeling that something's just not quite right with this situation between Pam and Katherine."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I haven't said anything, Cliff, but I agree," Sue Ellen sighed. "Pam had such bad feelings about Katherine. It's hard for me to believe she'd go to her for help, even if she was desperate."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Bobby seems to think it all makes perfect sense," Cliff muttered.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Bobby is very hurt. The Pam he loved would never have abandoned him and Christopher. He feels like he doesn't even know her at all anymore. That makes it easy for him to believe the worst," Sue Ellen told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What about you, Sue Ellen?" Cliff asked. "What do you think?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen took a deep breath. "I think there are things we don't know. I can't understand why Pam would run away from her family, but I have to believe she had a very good reason. As for Katherine, I wouldn't take anything she says or does at face value."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We'll, one thing is for sure," Ray finally spoke up. "Whatever Pam's reasons or Katherine's motives, neither of them have anything to do with the trouble we have here. That's what we need to be focused on right now. All the family drama can be sorted out after."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What if she tries to take you with her, Christopher? John Ross asked. "Will you go?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't think so," Christopher told him. "But maybe I can talk her into coming back to live with us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I still wish you'd let me tell a grown up," John Ross sighed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We can't, John Ross…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You can't what?" Lucy interrupted them. "What are you two plotting?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Staying up late to watch movies," John Ross lied smoothly. "Christopher thinks we'll get into trouble."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Christopher is probably right," Lucy agreed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah, you guys are right," John Ross said. "Come on Christopher. Let's see if Daddy and Uncle Bobby want to play some football."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy watched them walk away in silence. She didn't know why, but she had a bad feeling that the boys were keeping a secret. She resolved to keep an eye on them for the rest of the evening. If they WERE up to something, she I intended to find out what it was.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>The cowboy glanced at his watch and waved the bartender over for another beer. Only a few more hours and this nonsense would be done and he could get his money and get out of Dallas.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He wished he'd never gotten involved. He'd heard all the stories about what awful people the Ewings were from Dusty, so when he'd been offered a small fortune to spook them a little he'd jumped at the chance. But things had gotten out of control. There was a big difference between scaring the Ewings and kidnapping their kids. And he didn't even want to know what his boss had planned for those boys after he delivered them.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He frowned at that thought. The boss was clear the boys needed to be taken alive, but what happened after that was anyone's guess. He had a sinking feeling that those boys were as good as dead.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hiding from the crowd?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen jumped at the sound of her husband's voice.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, no. I got some spaghetti sauce on my shirt while Ray and I were cleaning up, so I came up here to change."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR laughed and came into the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. "You're becoming quite the little homemaker."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not hardly," Sue Ellen chuckled. "After staying here, I must say I have a new appreciation for Teresa and Raoul."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You do like it here though, don't you?" JR asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I love it. It doesn't have all the amenities of Southfork, but it's peaceful and lovely. I'm sorry that Ray is selling it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The new owner might not mind if you come and visit the place occasionally if you ask him nicely. You could really turn on your charm. Flirt with him a bit."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR! I can't believe you'd want me flirting with another man!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I wouldn't like that at all honey," he said, his voice low. He crossed the room and pulled her into his arms. "I said you should flirt with the new owner. Since that happens to be me, I can fully encourage it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?" Sue Ellen drew back and her wide eyes met his. "You're the one buying the place?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We don't have to live here if you prefer Southfork. But the boys love it. Hell, so do I. And we can always hire a maid and a cook."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't understand…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This place is so close to Southfork, I don't want a stranger moving in. And this is where you forgave me. I want to keep it for that reason alone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You are just full of surprises, JR," Sue Ellen whispered, placing a kiss on his cheek. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, honey, just wait," JR laughed, "you don't know the half of it."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR you and surprises make me nervous."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't you worry, Miss Texas," he said, lowering his head to nibble at her neck. "From now on, for the rest of our lives, any surprise you get from me is going to be a good one."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Promise, JR?" she asked shakily. She was becoming very aroused by the movements of his mouth on her neck.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cross my heart and hope to die," he breathed against her skin. </p><p></p><p></p><p>He swept her up into his arms and carried her to the bed. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR! The house is full of people!" she protested weakly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"They won't miss us for a while, Darlin'. I need you Sue Ellen. Now. Everything else can wait."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 213895, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 18 *** "Hey, pour me one of those, JR." JR turned his head and saw his niece walking into the room. "What are you doing over here?" "Sue Ellen called and invited me over for dinner," Lucy shrugged. "I swear," JR groused, handing her the drink he'd made for her, "I love my wife, but she has a bad habit of collecting strays." "I'm not a stray, JR, I'm your favorite niece!" Lucy grinned at him. "The saddest part of my life is that I can't deny the truth of that statement," JR laughed. "I talked to my daddy last night," Lucy told him. "I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that." Lucy rolled her eyes, "he said you gave him back ten percent of Ewing Oil." "So?" "So, he's giving it to me," Lucy told him. "I thought he might," JR sighed. "Hope you have enough sense to let the people who know what they're doing run the business. All you need to do is just sit back and collect the profits." "Bobby is running Ewing Oil now, right?" Lucy questioned. "Yep," JR told her. "So if you have a problem with the size of your checks, bitch to him, not me." "LUCY!" The conversation about Ewing Oil was lost as Christopher and John Ross came bounding down the stairs. They both ran over to their cousin and hugged her tightly. "Will you sit with us at dinner?" Christopher asked excitedly. "Well of course!" Lucy laughed. "I don't want to be stuck with the stuffy old folks!" "Yay! Come on!" John Ross motioned for her to follow them. "Uncle Ray is setting up tables for dinner outside. We promised to help!" Lucy laughed again and started to follow them from the room. "Lucy, hang on just a second." JR's voice stopped her. She turned to face him and raised her eyebrows in a silent question. "The night of the shooting...well, I just wanted to thank you for stopping Sue Ellen from leaving me. I owe you one." "JR, are you feeling alright? Do you need to sit down and rest? Maybe I should call a doctor…" "Very funny, Lucy," JR grumbled. She laughed again and started toward the door, but stopped suddenly and turned to face him. "You're welcome, Uncle JR," she whispered softly before turning to join her cousins out on the patio. *** "Is everything ready?" The cowboy turned to face the source of the demanding voice. "Yes. I gave the boy the note. He'll be in the barn at midnight." "Good. Remember I need BOTH boys. And you must bring them to me alive. Nothing works with corpses." "I understand. But just so we're clear, I deliver the Ewing boys to you and I'm out. I want my payment as soon as I hand them over. Then I'm out of here. Understood?" "Perfectly understood. Just don't screw this up. The sooner I have Sue Ellen's precious little brats the sooner this will be over for all of us." *** "You look happy," April told Sue Ellen. Sue Ellen looked up from her salad and smiled at her friend. "Oh, I am happy, April. So happy." "No divorce?" April asked. "No, no divorce," Sue Ellen agreed. "This whole trauma had been terrifying. But it forced JR and I to spend time together. And it made us both realize we don't want to lose our family." "I'm so happy for you, Sue Ellen." "Thank you, April. Now, what about you?" "What about me?" "We'll it's obvious there's no chemistry between you and Cliff, but I've noticed the way you're looking at Bobby." April sighed and shook her head. "Bobby is great. I like him, but I don't think it's meant to be." "You'll never know if you don't try." "Ladies," JR nodded and took a seat next to his wife. "Hope you don't mind if I join you, but not sure I can keep my food down if I have to sit at a dinner table with Barnes." Sue Ellen and April both laughed. "JR, be nice," Sue Ellen admonished him playfully. "I am!" JR protested innocently, "I'm just kidding. I came over here because I wanted to have dinner with my lovely wife." "You two are meant to be together," April said. "We should all be so lucky." JR kissed Sue Ellen on the cheek and beamed. "I am the luckiest man alive. No arguing that." April smiled at them both, then changed the subject. "JR, Marilee Stone came to see me a few days ago. She offered me above market price for my Weststar stock." "What did you tell her?" "I told her no," April shrugged. "I figured if she wanted that stock and was willing to pay such a handsome price, it would be worth even more to you." "Can I get back to you in a couple of days?" JR asked. "No rush at all," April assured him. "Enough about business! Sue Ellen, you and I need to plan a serious day of shopping when you finally are free again." JR only halfway listened to the women talking. Marilee was making her move against him. He was sure Cryder and Wendell were pulling her strings. He wondered how long he had before he'd be forced into making a final decision about his future at Weststar. *** "Would you like something to drink?" "No ma'am," McSween replied. "Thanks for agreeing to see me on such short notice. I just have a few more questions for you." "Please, sit down," Mandy said, gesturing towards the couch. "I've been expecting another visit from you." "Why is that?" "JR came by the same day you did. He told me there was trouble at Southfork. I imagine anything involving Sue Ellen Ewing makes me a prime suspect." "Why are you still in Dallas?" McSween asked. "You finished your commercial." "My reasons are personal," Mandy told him. "Anything to do with the Ewings?" "Nothing involving the problems they've been having." "Ms. Winger, let's not play games. You don't have an alibi for the night of the trouble. There's no reason for you to still be in Dallas. You have a motive to harm Mrs. Ewing. If you don't want to answer my questions, fine, but you'd better call a lawyer because I'll be forced to take you down to the station for a more formal interrogation." "What do you want to know?" Mandy sighed. "I already told you I was home alone." "And the next night?" "The next night I was having dinner with a friend. Happy to give you his name and number." "That would be helpful." Mandy reached for a paper and pen. "I won't deny I have reason to hate Sue Ellen, but so do a lot of other people. If I were you, I'd start looking at her long list of lovers." "Why is that?" McSween asked, reaching out to take the paper she'd written her information on. "Broken hearts sometimes don't heal. Sue Ellen has a habit of forming deep relationships with men then leaving them high and dry when she runs back to reclaim the power and prestige of being Mrs. JR Ewing. One of her former flames tracked me down when I first got back to Dallas." "Who? And why?" "He only gave me a first name," Mandy informed him. "He showed up at the set of my commercial and demanded to talk to me. Made quite a scene." "What did he want?" "He wanted to know if I was seeing JR again. Then he asked me a bunch of questions about Sue Ellen and her role in my career. He asked me if I knew if JR and Sue Ellen were still reconciled." "What did you tell him?" "The truth. That I hadn't seen JR in over a year but I still was in love with him. I told him about how Sue Ellen manipulated my career to get me away from JR. I told him that I'd heard they were divorcing and that JR had moved out of Southfork and into a condo in Dallas." "Did he tell you anything about himself or his plans?" "He only said that he had loved Sue Ellen very much and had planned to make a life with her but she'd left him to go back to JR. He didn't mention anything about plans." "You said he gave you a first name." "Yes, he did - Steven," Mandy told him. "He said his name was Steven." *** "Everyone had a lovely time at dinner," Sue Ellen said, handing Ray an empty plate to load into the dishwasher. "Seems strange. When we all get together at Southfork, there's always so much tension. " "No offense, Sue Ellen, but the source of all that tension is usually JR." "Yes," Sue Ellen couldn't deny that. "Hopefully this new mellow mood will last a while." "Oh, I wouldn't doubt that," Ray said thoughtfully. "JR seems to be settling down quite a bit." "I truly hope so," Sue Ellen sighed. "Since JR and I are staying married, I won't need to buy your place Ray. I thank you so very much for the offer though." "Not a problem," Ray told her. "I kinda figured that's how this would go. Already have another buyer lined up." "Oh, I'm so glad." "Yeah. He came to me. Seems he thinks this would be the perfect place to raise his family." "He's right," Sue Ellen sighed. "I really will miss this place." "Sue Ellen…" "Hey you guys," Cliff came into the kitchen, interrupting their conversation, "thanks again for the dinner invitation. Really enjoyed it." "We enjoyed having you, Cliff," Sue Ellen smiled. "Thanks. Probably a really good thing I'm not alone with my thoughts tonight. I can't shake the feeling that something's just not quite right with this situation between Pam and Katherine." "I haven't said anything, Cliff, but I agree," Sue Ellen sighed. "Pam had such bad feelings about Katherine. It's hard for me to believe she'd go to her for help, even if she was desperate." "Bobby seems to think it all makes perfect sense," Cliff muttered. "Bobby is very hurt. The Pam he loved would never have abandoned him and Christopher. He feels like he doesn't even know her at all anymore. That makes it easy for him to believe the worst," Sue Ellen told him. "What about you, Sue Ellen?" Cliff asked. "What do you think?" Sue Ellen took a deep breath. "I think there are things we don't know. I can't understand why Pam would run away from her family, but I have to believe she had a very good reason. As for Katherine, I wouldn't take anything she says or does at face value." "We'll, one thing is for sure," Ray finally spoke up. "Whatever Pam's reasons or Katherine's motives, neither of them have anything to do with the trouble we have here. That's what we need to be focused on right now. All the family drama can be sorted out after." *** "What if she tries to take you with her, Christopher? John Ross asked. "Will you go?" "I don't think so," Christopher told him. "But maybe I can talk her into coming back to live with us." "I still wish you'd let me tell a grown up," John Ross sighed. "We can't, John Ross…" "You can't what?" Lucy interrupted them. "What are you two plotting?" "Staying up late to watch movies," John Ross lied smoothly. "Christopher thinks we'll get into trouble." "Christopher is probably right," Lucy agreed. "Yeah, you guys are right," John Ross said. "Come on Christopher. Let's see if Daddy and Uncle Bobby want to play some football." Lucy watched them walk away in silence. She didn't know why, but she had a bad feeling that the boys were keeping a secret. She resolved to keep an eye on them for the rest of the evening. If they WERE up to something, she I intended to find out what it was. *** The cowboy glanced at his watch and waved the bartender over for another beer. Only a few more hours and this nonsense would be done and he could get his money and get out of Dallas. He wished he'd never gotten involved. He'd heard all the stories about what awful people the Ewings were from Dusty, so when he'd been offered a small fortune to spook them a little he'd jumped at the chance. But things had gotten out of control. There was a big difference between scaring the Ewings and kidnapping their kids. And he didn't even want to know what his boss had planned for those boys after he delivered them. He frowned at that thought. The boss was clear the boys needed to be taken alive, but what happened after that was anyone's guess. He had a sinking feeling that those boys were as good as dead. *** "Hiding from the crowd?" Sue Ellen jumped at the sound of her husband's voice. "Oh, no. I got some spaghetti sauce on my shirt while Ray and I were cleaning up, so I came up here to change." JR laughed and came into the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. "You're becoming quite the little homemaker." "Not hardly," Sue Ellen chuckled. "After staying here, I must say I have a new appreciation for Teresa and Raoul." "You do like it here though, don't you?" JR asked. "Oh, I love it. It doesn't have all the amenities of Southfork, but it's peaceful and lovely. I'm sorry that Ray is selling it." "The new owner might not mind if you come and visit the place occasionally if you ask him nicely. You could really turn on your charm. Flirt with him a bit." "JR! I can't believe you'd want me flirting with another man!" "Oh, I wouldn't like that at all honey," he said, his voice low. He crossed the room and pulled her into his arms. "I said you should flirt with the new owner. Since that happens to be me, I can fully encourage it." "What?" Sue Ellen drew back and her wide eyes met his. "You're the one buying the place?" "We don't have to live here if you prefer Southfork. But the boys love it. Hell, so do I. And we can always hire a maid and a cook." "I don't understand…" "This place is so close to Southfork, I don't want a stranger moving in. And this is where you forgave me. I want to keep it for that reason alone." "You are just full of surprises, JR," Sue Ellen whispered, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Oh, honey, just wait," JR laughed, "you don't know the half of it." "JR you and surprises make me nervous." "Don't you worry, Miss Texas," he said, lowering his head to nibble at her neck. "From now on, for the rest of our lives, any surprise you get from me is going to be a good one." "Promise, JR?" she asked shakily. She was becoming very aroused by the movements of his mouth on her neck. "Cross my heart and hope to die," he breathed against her skin. He swept her up into his arms and carried her to the bed. "JR! The house is full of people!" she protested weakly. "They won't miss us for a while, Darlin'. I need you Sue Ellen. Now. Everything else can wait." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top