Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 213233" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 15</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This is so nice," Sue Ellen sighed contentedly, sipping on her iced tea from her seat on the patio. The family had just finished a large meal of hot dogs and hamburgers cooked on Ray's grill and the boys were playing flag football with their uncles.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"It was so sweet of you to invite us over," April smiled. "Cliff has really been missing Christopher. I can't believe JR agreed to it."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's smile grew a little wider. "He wasn't thrilled with the idea," she admitted. "Luckily I can.be very convincing when I need to be."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"I bet you can,".April laughed. "I noticed the two of you seem to be getting along pretty well. Does that mean the divorce is off?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's smile faded. "I honestly don't know. There's so much going on right now. I suppose I just decided to get through it all and think about the future later."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, you're practically glowing right now. I know it's none of my business, but you seem so happy. So does JR, for that matter."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, April," Sue Ellen sighed, "I AM happy right now. JR is so attentive and loving - with both me and the boys. If I knew it would always be this way, I wouldn't even consider divorce. But the hard truth is that when this over and our lives go back to normal, things will change. JR will go back to his life and his work and the schemes and the women will be right there waiting for him "</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"People can change, Sue Ellen," April told her.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not JR," Sue Ellen shook her head. "He's tried, genuinely tried. The loving husband and father always disappears and the ruthless womanizer always returns."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe this time is different, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"I have made that wish so many times," Sue Ellen wiped a stubborn tear from her cheek, "but wishing doesn't make it so. It never does."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy replaced the phone on its cradle and grimaced.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Who was that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy turned to face her grandmother. "A reporter from the Dallas Morning Star looking for Bobby. He said it was really important that Bobby call him immediately."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"He's over at Ray's with Christopher," Ellie said. "He'll be back later. I'm sure it has something to do with Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Probably," Lucy agreed. "He sounded like it was urgent that he talked to Bobby right away though."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Reporters always make things sound urgent," Ellie laughed. "The message can wait until Bobby gets home."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Okay, Grandma," Lucy replied, turning to walk up the stairs. She frowned and tried to shake off the feeling that something very bad was about to happen.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"They're great aren't they?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR turned to see Cliff emerging from the sliding glass door onto the patio with two beers in his hands. Cliff was nodding at Christopher and John Ross who were playing a very competitive game of horseshoes with Ray and Bobby.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"They're very fine boys," JR agreed, reaching out to accept the beet Cliff was offering him. He said nothing when Cliff sat down in a chair across from him at the patio table.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen and April ran me out of the kitchen," Cliff said after a few minutes of awkward silence.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"You and April have a thing going?" JR asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, no," Cliff laughed. "We're just good friends. She's been like a rock for me since Pam…"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Too bad, Barnes," JR grunted. "You could do a lot worse."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Listen, JR, I appreciate you agreeing to let me come out here and spend some time with Christopher."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR turned his head and stared blankly at the landscape in front of him. "Hell, Barnes, you and I are never going to be friendly. Seems stupid though to make Christopher suffer because we don't get along. Those two boys are the future. Maybe the Barnes/Ewing feud will finally die because of them."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"As far as I'm concerned, it's dead now, JR," Cliff sighed. "Mom's gone. Pam's gone. Christopher is the only family I have left. He's a Ewing whether I like it or not and he's more important to me than getting even with you."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR made no reply. He sat and drank his beer in silence. It seemed so unnatural to be sitting here, drinking a beer with Cliff Barnes of all people. So much had changed in his life in such a short amount of time. He had done so much damage in his quest for power and now that he finally had gotten everything he ever wanted - everything he believed he deserved - he had come to the sad realization that it all meant nothing without his wife and his family.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>He knew Sue Ellen was wavering in her resolve to divorce him, but he also knew that once the immediate threat to her safety had passed and she didn't need his protection anymore that would change. She was willing to accept his attention now, but once things in their lives returned to normal…</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR shook away the thought. Whatever was wrong with his marriage, he was at fault. He needed to use whatever time he had with Sue Ellen to try to make amends. He would do whatever it took, even taking advantage of her current vulnerable state. Preying on her fear was a low and rotten thing to do, but all is fair in love and war.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR! Are you even listening to me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR tuned his head and.looked Cliff squarely in the eyes. "Barnes, the day I'm interested in listening to anything you have to say is the day they put me six feet under."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff stared slack-jawed as the other man abruptly stood up and stalked into the house. "Well," Cliff said to the empty chair across from him, "it was nice talking to you too, JR!"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Did you find everything okay?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>The cashier was obnoxiously perky. A terse, silent nod was the only answer she got.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cash or charge?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cash," came the one word response.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>The transaction was completed without further conversation. This was the last stop. All the necessary supplies had been purchased with cash at multiple stores so as not to raise suspicion.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>The cashier placed the rope into a plastic bag and handed it over. "Have a nice evening!"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, it may not be nice," the customer replied, gathering up the bag and heading toward the door, "but it certainly will be productive."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know, JR," Bobby shook his head, "it might actually do more harm than good. Christopher is already having a hard time dealing with the loss of his mother. Now you want me to tell him about Kristen? How am I supposed to explain why I have kept it from him for all these years?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's all up to you, Bobby, " JR told him. "Sue Ellen feels strongly that Christopher needs to know she's his blood aunt, but we both realize you're the only one who can make the decision about when or if to tell him."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I'll think about it, JR, but that's all I can promise."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good enough," JR nodded. "I'll let Sue Ellen know."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR...I don't want to overstep my boundaries, but can I ask how things are between you and Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why?" JR asked, surprised that Bobby would bring up his marriage.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"If you and Sue Ellen divorce and she leaves Southfork with John Ross, it will be a huge blow to Christopher."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm working on her, Bob, but right now I honestly have no idea what she'll end up doing."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and looked away. "I'd better say goodbye to Christopher and get back to Southfork. Goodnight, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Night, Bob," JR told him. He hoped that very soon he would be heading back to Southfork as well - and he intended to bring his family with him.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen looked up at the sound of her bedroom door opening. "Hi, JR," she smiled at him. "Wasn't it a lovely evening?"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"It was tolerable," he grunted. "Not sure I'd ever say having to put up with Barnes as lovely."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, it wasn't that bad," she laughed, moving across the room to kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you for behaving."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do I get a reward for being a good boy?" he teased her.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, there are many phrases I could use to describe you but 'good boy' will never be one of them!"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR laughed and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I talked to Bobby about Christopher."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"And?" Sue Ellen questioned</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"And he has to think about it."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's understandable. Thank you, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're welcome, Miss Texas." He reached out and took her hand, using it to pull her closer to him. There was so much he wanted to say to her, so many things he wanted to apologize for. "Sue Ellen," he sighed, "we need to talk about us."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please don't, JR," Sue Ellen said, her voice shaking, "I just want to enjoy being with you now; I'm not ready to face the future yet."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"We can't put it off forever, honey. I need you to understand…"</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>JR was interrupted by a loud banging on the bedroom door.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"What the hell, Ray?" JR growled when the door flew open to reveal his brother.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>"McSween's on the phone, JR," Ray informed him. "They have Katherine Wentworth in custody."</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 213233, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 15 *** "This is so nice," Sue Ellen sighed contentedly, sipping on her iced tea from her seat on the patio. The family had just finished a large meal of hot dogs and hamburgers cooked on Ray's grill and the boys were playing flag football with their uncles. "It was so sweet of you to invite us over," April smiled. "Cliff has really been missing Christopher. I can't believe JR agreed to it." Sue Ellen's smile grew a little wider. "He wasn't thrilled with the idea," she admitted. "Luckily I can.be very convincing when I need to be." "I bet you can,".April laughed. "I noticed the two of you seem to be getting along pretty well. Does that mean the divorce is off?" Sue Ellen's smile faded. "I honestly don't know. There's so much going on right now. I suppose I just decided to get through it all and think about the future later." "Sue Ellen, you're practically glowing right now. I know it's none of my business, but you seem so happy. So does JR, for that matter." "Oh, April," Sue Ellen sighed, "I AM happy right now. JR is so attentive and loving - with both me and the boys. If I knew it would always be this way, I wouldn't even consider divorce. But the hard truth is that when this over and our lives go back to normal, things will change. JR will go back to his life and his work and the schemes and the women will be right there waiting for him " "People can change, Sue Ellen," April told her. "Not JR," Sue Ellen shook her head. "He's tried, genuinely tried. The loving husband and father always disappears and the ruthless womanizer always returns." "Maybe this time is different, Sue Ellen." "I have made that wish so many times," Sue Ellen wiped a stubborn tear from her cheek, "but wishing doesn't make it so. It never does." *** Lucy replaced the phone on its cradle and grimaced. "Who was that?" Lucy turned to face her grandmother. "A reporter from the Dallas Morning Star looking for Bobby. He said it was really important that Bobby call him immediately." "He's over at Ray's with Christopher," Ellie said. "He'll be back later. I'm sure it has something to do with Ewing Oil." "Probably," Lucy agreed. "He sounded like it was urgent that he talked to Bobby right away though." "Reporters always make things sound urgent," Ellie laughed. "The message can wait until Bobby gets home." "Okay, Grandma," Lucy replied, turning to walk up the stairs. She frowned and tried to shake off the feeling that something very bad was about to happen. *** "They're great aren't they?" JR turned to see Cliff emerging from the sliding glass door onto the patio with two beers in his hands. Cliff was nodding at Christopher and John Ross who were playing a very competitive game of horseshoes with Ray and Bobby. "They're very fine boys," JR agreed, reaching out to accept the beet Cliff was offering him. He said nothing when Cliff sat down in a chair across from him at the patio table. "Sue Ellen and April ran me out of the kitchen," Cliff said after a few minutes of awkward silence. "You and April have a thing going?" JR asked. "Oh, no," Cliff laughed. "We're just good friends. She's been like a rock for me since Pam…" "Too bad, Barnes," JR grunted. "You could do a lot worse." "Yeah. Listen, JR, I appreciate you agreeing to let me come out here and spend some time with Christopher." JR turned his head and stared blankly at the landscape in front of him. "Hell, Barnes, you and I are never going to be friendly. Seems stupid though to make Christopher suffer because we don't get along. Those two boys are the future. Maybe the Barnes/Ewing feud will finally die because of them." "As far as I'm concerned, it's dead now, JR," Cliff sighed. "Mom's gone. Pam's gone. Christopher is the only family I have left. He's a Ewing whether I like it or not and he's more important to me than getting even with you." JR made no reply. He sat and drank his beer in silence. It seemed so unnatural to be sitting here, drinking a beer with Cliff Barnes of all people. So much had changed in his life in such a short amount of time. He had done so much damage in his quest for power and now that he finally had gotten everything he ever wanted - everything he believed he deserved - he had come to the sad realization that it all meant nothing without his wife and his family. He knew Sue Ellen was wavering in her resolve to divorce him, but he also knew that once the immediate threat to her safety had passed and she didn't need his protection anymore that would change. She was willing to accept his attention now, but once things in their lives returned to normal… JR shook away the thought. Whatever was wrong with his marriage, he was at fault. He needed to use whatever time he had with Sue Ellen to try to make amends. He would do whatever it took, even taking advantage of her current vulnerable state. Preying on her fear was a low and rotten thing to do, but all is fair in love and war. "JR! Are you even listening to me?" JR tuned his head and.looked Cliff squarely in the eyes. "Barnes, the day I'm interested in listening to anything you have to say is the day they put me six feet under." Cliff stared slack-jawed as the other man abruptly stood up and stalked into the house. "Well," Cliff said to the empty chair across from him, "it was nice talking to you too, JR!" *** "Did you find everything okay?" The cashier was obnoxiously perky. A terse, silent nod was the only answer she got. "Cash or charge?" "Cash," came the one word response. The transaction was completed without further conversation. This was the last stop. All the necessary supplies had been purchased with cash at multiple stores so as not to raise suspicion. The cashier placed the rope into a plastic bag and handed it over. "Have a nice evening!" "Oh, it may not be nice," the customer replied, gathering up the bag and heading toward the door, "but it certainly will be productive." *** "I don't know, JR," Bobby shook his head, "it might actually do more harm than good. Christopher is already having a hard time dealing with the loss of his mother. Now you want me to tell him about Kristen? How am I supposed to explain why I have kept it from him for all these years?" "That's all up to you, Bobby, " JR told him. "Sue Ellen feels strongly that Christopher needs to know she's his blood aunt, but we both realize you're the only one who can make the decision about when or if to tell him." Bobby sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I'll think about it, JR, but that's all I can promise." "Good enough," JR nodded. "I'll let Sue Ellen know." "JR...I don't want to overstep my boundaries, but can I ask how things are between you and Sue Ellen?" "Why?" JR asked, surprised that Bobby would bring up his marriage. "If you and Sue Ellen divorce and she leaves Southfork with John Ross, it will be a huge blow to Christopher." "I'm working on her, Bob, but right now I honestly have no idea what she'll end up doing." Bobby nodded and looked away. "I'd better say goodbye to Christopher and get back to Southfork. Goodnight, JR." "Night, Bob," JR told him. He hoped that very soon he would be heading back to Southfork as well - and he intended to bring his family with him. *** Sue Ellen looked up at the sound of her bedroom door opening. "Hi, JR," she smiled at him. "Wasn't it a lovely evening?" "It was tolerable," he grunted. "Not sure I'd ever say having to put up with Barnes as lovely." "Oh, it wasn't that bad," she laughed, moving across the room to kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you for behaving." "Do I get a reward for being a good boy?" he teased her. "JR, there are many phrases I could use to describe you but 'good boy' will never be one of them!" JR laughed and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I talked to Bobby about Christopher." "And?" Sue Ellen questioned "And he has to think about it." "That's understandable. Thank you, JR." "You're welcome, Miss Texas." He reached out and took her hand, using it to pull her closer to him. There was so much he wanted to say to her, so many things he wanted to apologize for. "Sue Ellen," he sighed, "we need to talk about us." "Please don't, JR," Sue Ellen said, her voice shaking, "I just want to enjoy being with you now; I'm not ready to face the future yet." "We can't put it off forever, honey. I need you to understand…" JR was interrupted by a loud banging on the bedroom door. "What the hell, Ray?" JR growled when the door flew open to reveal his brother. "McSween's on the phone, JR," Ray informed him. "They have Katherine Wentworth in custody." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top