Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 212904" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 13</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sighed contentedly and snuggled closer to the warmth. It felt so good - so safe. "I must be dreaming," she thought, squirming even closer to the source of the comforting heat.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good.morning, Miss Texas."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's eyes snapped open in startled surprise, "JR…" she breathed out. His deep blue eyes were focused on hers. She tried to turn her head away from his piercing gaze but his hand on her cheek prevented her from moving.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Feel, better?" He asked in a voice still husky from sleep. "You slept like a baby last night."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I feel fine, JR," she answered. Her voice sounded breathless even to her own ears. "Did you sleep alright?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I had some trouble," he confessed. "It felt so good to have you in my arms that I didn't want to miss a minute of it by falling asleep."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen took a deep breath as she suddenly became aware of her position. JR was lying on his side and she was wrapped tightly in his arms. Her right leg was draped over his hip and she could feel the stark evidence of his early morning arousal. "JR," she pushed lightly against his chest, "we'd better get up. The boys will be awake soon."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's not even 5 a.m. yet, darlin'," JR told her dipping his head to nuzzle her ear, "we have plenty of time before the boys wake up."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He moved his hand to lightly stroke the long leg resting on his hip. "I miss this," he whispered "I miss you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen shuddered with the deep wave of desire that swept through her body, settling with tingly insistence at the center of her womanhood. "JR," she protested weakly, "you promised you wouldn't try to seduce me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR growled into her ear and moved her onto her back. He rolled with her and settled his legs between hers. He bent his head and captured her lips in a long, searching kiss.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not seducing you, Sue Ellen," he said when he finally lifted his head. "I'm showing you how much I have missed you, how much I need you, how much I love you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>He buried his head against her neck, placing soft, gentle kisses against her sensitive skin. Sue Ellen's body betrayed her, she.moaned and her hips ground into his manhood against her will. "Please….please JR…" </p><p></p><p></p><p>JR lifted his head and looked deeply into her eyes. "Please what?" he demanded lowly. He moved his hand between their bodies and cupped her breast, using his thumb to tease her nipple, "please stop?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen shook her head violently in protest. JR chuckled and moved his other hand to stroke the center of her pleasure, the one spot he had learned to manipulate from years of lovemaking. "Please what, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…" she couldn't form the words. She reached up and pulled his head down to hers, rising up to greet his mouth in a deep, desperate kiss.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He kissed her with such passion she thought her heart might stop from the pleasure crashing through her. His fingers stroked at her until she exploded in wave after wave of satisfied fulfillment. "JR! Oh my GOD"! she cried out as the world burst before her eyes in bright, colorful lights.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR watched her, fascinated by the look of bliss settling across her face. He leaned down and placed his lips against hers for another deep kiss. "Sue Ellen," he breathed against her mouth, "will you let me make love to you, honey?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen answered him by lifting her hips to meet his again. JR groaned and swiftly entered her. His eyes closed and his jaw clenched at the raw, powerful pleasure of feeling her moist warmth surround him. "Yes, JR," she urged him, feeling the pressure build inside her all over again as he thrust in and out of her slowly and deeply.</p><p></p><p></p><p>The room was quiet except for their heavy breathing, Sue Ellen's gasping, and JR's groaning. They made love as the sun came up, peaking its light through the curtain of the bedroom window. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen felt as if she were drowning in the pleasure of having this man inside her again. No one else had ever made her feel so desired, so wanted. "JR…" she whispered as they reached the peak of climax together.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR brought his hands up to cup her face. He held her head steady, forcing her to look into his eyes. "I love you, Sue Ellen," he growled as he thrust into her one last time, bringing them both to the completion of their passion, "I only have ever loved you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It sure is quiet around here without the boys," Lucy sighed, pushing her breakfast around on her plate with her fork.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Miss Ellie agreed, "I already miss them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where is Clayton off to so early this morning?" Lucy asked her grandmother.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He went into Braddock to look at some horses. Ray was supposed to go, but everyone thought it would be better for him to stay at the house to watch over Sue Ellen and the boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This whole thing is so crazy, Grandma. I hope they figure it all out soon. My nerves are completely shot. I can't even imagine how Sue Ellen must feel."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Miss Ellie was silent, leaning back in her chair and sipping her coffee.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You okay, Grandma?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. I suppose I should be used to this sort of drama after all these years. I keep waiting for Sue Ellen and JR to grow up and stop making each other so miserable."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"They should just get it over with and get divorced and stay divorced," Lucy groused. "Would make life a lot easier on everyone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That will never happen, Lucy," Miss Ellie replied flatly. "JR is a complicated man. He has many character flaws and has caused this family a lot of heartache. But one thing I know for certain; JR has really only ever needed two people in his life to love him, his father and his wife. As awful as he treats her sometimes, he loves She Ellen, and he needs her to love him back. He won't ever let her go."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He might not have a choice," Lucy replied.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"There's always a choice, Lucy," Miss Ellie said, "always. I just pray that for once in his life, JR makes the right one."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sat at the kitchen table, nursing a cup of coffee and silently cursing herself. How could she have let it happen? How could she have traded her dignity one more time for a few minutes of bliss in his arms?</p><p></p><p></p><p>She blushed at that thought. It had been considerably more than just a few minutes. JR had made sweet, passionate love to her for hours. They probably would have stayed in bed, reveling in each other all day if the sounds of the boys.moving around in the hallway hadn't demanded their immediate attention.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mornin', Sue Ellen,"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good morning, Ray," she managed a small smile. "Thank you again for opening your home to us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No problem," Ray told her, filling a mug with coffee and.moving to sit across from her at the kitchen table. "I'm glad for the company. This house gets pretty lonely when Jenna and Lucas are gone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How does Charlie like living in Switzerland?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"She loves it," Ray sighed. "Truth be told, Jenna loves it over there too. She wants to move there full-time. It wasn't possible because of the horse business and financial issues, but with JR giving me back my ten percent stake in Ewing Oil, it might actually work out for us."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR did what?" Sue Ellen asked, her shock evident in her voice.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He didn't tell you?" Ray asked, surprised. "Damn. Me and my big mouth. Sue Ellen...JR signed Ewing Oil back over to the family. He kept forty percent, gave Bobby forty, and gave me and Gary ten."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Gary?" Sue Ellen repeated. "He gave Gary part of Ewing Oil?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Ray laughed. "Believe me, I was shocked too. He finally had it all. Everything but the name, and he just handed it all back over to the family. Bobby and I figured there was some kind of angle, but we couldn't work it out. Finally we just decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's eyes narrowed and she growled under her breath. "It's not hard to figure out, Ray. It's the divorce. He was probably worried I'd end up with half of Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Sue Ellen," Ray mused. "Even if you did end up with half, John Ross would eventually get it all. Seems like that would be more appealing to JR than me and Gary having any control."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen made no reply, simply turning her coffee mug in circles.on the table in front of her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You still planning on going through with the divorce?" Ray finally asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen said quietly, unable to keep the sadness out of her voice.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well then...if Jenna and I decide to move to Switzerland, I'm gonna need to sell this place. I know it's not fancy or elegant, but it's close to Southfork. John Ross could be with both of his parents if you lived here."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen gasped with surprise. "Ray… it… that would be perfect…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Just think it over a while," he said, standing up to put his empty coffee mug in the sink. "I haven't decided to sell yet, but if I do, I'll give you the option to buy before I put it on the market."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Ray," Sue Ellen smiled at him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well," Ray said, nodding at her, "I'd better get a move on. I promised two little boys who have been trapped inside that I'd take them out to the barn to visit the horses."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you sure that's safe?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Completely safe," Ray assured her. "The land is flat. You can see for miles. The only ones here besides us are McSween's men. I'll have them back in by lunchtime. JR is in the study working so you won't be alone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen smiled at him again and watched as he walked from the kitchen to go collect the boys. "What are you up to, JR?" she wondered out loud to the empty room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No. Not interested."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come on, Cliff," Marilee rolled her eyes, "this is the chance you've been waiting for your whole life!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I said not interested, Marilee. I'm not involving myself in your petty scheme about JR Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What's wrong with you, Cliff? Getting soft in your old age?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ha! Not a chance, Marilee. I'm not getting soft, just getting smart. JR controls the biggest oil outfit in Texas. I'm not yanking that chain for no good reason."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The fact that it's JR Ewing should be the only reason you need," Marilee snapped.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well it's not. And this.meeting is over," Cliff snapped back at her. He reached out and pressed the intercom button on his phone,"Jackie, can you please come.in here and see Mrs. Stone out?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You'll regret this, Cliff!" Marilee warned, standing up.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I seriously doubt that, Marilee."</p><p></p><p></p><p>His office door opened and Jackie appeared. She walked to his desk and handed him an envelope. "This just came by messenger," she told him. "It's marked private."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff waited until she and Marilee disappeared behind the closed door then opened the envelope. "Holy hell," he sucked in a deep breath. He grabbed his phone and punched in the number. "Yeah, Bobby, it's Cliff. I'm at my office. How fast can you get over here? We have a serious problem."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned off the TV and threw the remote on the table in frustration. She couldn't concentrate on anything; her thoughts kept stubbornly returning to JR and his devastating lovemaking. "Damn you, JR," she seethed </p><p></p><p></p><p>"What have I done now?" an amused voice asked from the doorway.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You know what you did," she spat out. "You got your reconciliation and reset the clock on our separation date!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR.chucked and moved across the room to take a seat beside her on the couch. "Is that what's got you so frustrated, Miss Texas?" he asked, his voice soft and silky, "or is it something else?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What else could it possibly be, JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I don't know," he teased her, "maybe this morning reminded you how good it's always been between us. Maybe your frustration is coming from the thought of having to live without that magic for the rest of your life. I mean, come on Miss Texas," his voice dropped even lower, "you weren't exactly complaining this.morning - unless all those moans and groans were really protests."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Damn you, JR," she said again.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR laughed out loud and shook his head at her. "You don't have to worry, darlin'. I won't be spilling the beans to Harv Smithfield. Your sexy secrets are all safe with me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You… you won't use what happened this morning to delay the divorce?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," JR said solemnly. "But don't let that give you a false sense of security, darlin'. I'm not going to just stand by and let the only woman I have ever loved walk out of my life."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're going to fight me?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes. I'm going to fight like hell, but not the way you think."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, I.don't understand…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not going to use lawyers and courts, Sue Ellen. I'm just.going to love you. I'm going to spend every day I have with you being the husband I always should have been to you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We've been through all this before," Sue Ellen sighed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not like this," JR told her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Nothing has changed, JR," Sue Ellen told him bitterly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Everything has changed, Sue Ellen. For the first time in our lives together, I realize I might actually lose you for good. I can't live without you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned her head away and he reached out to gently cup her chin and force her to face him again. "I mean it, Sue Ellen. This time it's not about John Ross, or Ewing Oil, or anything else but you and how much I love you. I know you don't believe me. I don't blame you. But it's true. And I am going to do my best to love you out of your mind until I convince you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's too late, JR. Years too late."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I refuse to believe that, Sue Ellen," he sighed, standing up and moving to the door. "Ray will be in with the boys in a few minutes. We should get some lunch ready for them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's breath caught in her throat as she watched him leave the room. Could it really be different this time? Could he really mean it?</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Stop it," she admonished herself, shaking away those love sick thoughts. "Be strong, Sue Ellen Ewing. You will NOT let him fool you and break your heart again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We have to tell JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"WE don't have to do anything, Bobby," Cliff shot back. "YOU tell him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're probably right, Cliff," Bobby sighed. "When he sees this, his first reaction may very well be to punch you in the face."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Exactly," Cliff agreed. "And I'm not taking that chance."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby sighed heavily and looked at the picture again. "Cliff, are you sure about when this was taken?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No doubt about it at all. It was right after Pam's accident. Sue Ellen was coming into the hospital as I was leaving. She gave me a hug and told me how sorry she was about Pam."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That was a long time ago," Bobby reasoned. He picked up the newspaper clipping that had come to Cliff in the confidential envelope with the snapshot of him and Sue Ellen hugging. The clipping was of a very old story about Cliff claiming to be the father of John Ross and demanding a blood test to prove it. On the bottom of the clipping, "Once a whore, always a whore!" was written in big, bold, red letters. "Whoever sent this has been watching Sue Ellen for months."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Or years," Cliff said. "Bobby… I mean I hate to even say this, but could it be...well, could it be JR doing all this?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What? No! How could you think such a thing, Cliff?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you serious?" Cliff replied cooly. "JR has done a lot worse. Seems like if he really thought Sue Ellen was taking John Ross and leaving him for good, he'd do anything to keep her with him; up to and including scaring the hell out of her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cliff, that's an awful thing to say," Bobby protested. "Even JR wouldn't stoop that low."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you sure about that?" Cliff asked, "because I'm sure as hell not."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby's eyes grew wide as he considered the truth of Cliff's words. JR had repeatedly shown his willingness to stop at nothing to get his own way. He'd mortgaged Southfork, gotten into bed with terrorists, cheated on the woman he loved over and over again…</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," Bobby said finally, "JR wouldn't use the boys like this. Even he has his limits."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope you're right," Cliff said. "Because he's in danger of losing a lot more than his wife right now."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What are you talking about, Cliff?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Marilee Stone came by to see me this morning. She threw her lot in with Kimberly Cryder and Jeremy Wendell. They're going after JR, and she made me a very attractive offer to join them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And I said no. JR and I called a truce and I intend to keep my word. But Bobby...they're not just coming after JR; they're coming after Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That means they're coming after me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Exactly," Cliff agreed. "Just thought you ought to know, because believe me, Bobby, they want to destroy JR Ewing. And they don't much care who else gets hurt in the process. Be careful."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't you worry about me, Cliff," Bobby said, his voice thick with conviction. "I may not be as underhanded as JR, but I know how to protect me and mine. They step on my toes, JR will look like a mild annoyance by the time I'm done with them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 212904, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 13 *** Sue Ellen sighed contentedly and snuggled closer to the warmth. It felt so good - so safe. "I must be dreaming," she thought, squirming even closer to the source of the comforting heat. "Good.morning, Miss Texas." Sue Ellen's eyes snapped open in startled surprise, "JR…" she breathed out. His deep blue eyes were focused on hers. She tried to turn her head away from his piercing gaze but his hand on her cheek prevented her from moving. "Feel, better?" He asked in a voice still husky from sleep. "You slept like a baby last night." "I feel fine, JR," she answered. Her voice sounded breathless even to her own ears. "Did you sleep alright?" "I had some trouble," he confessed. "It felt so good to have you in my arms that I didn't want to miss a minute of it by falling asleep." Sue Ellen took a deep breath as she suddenly became aware of her position. JR was lying on his side and she was wrapped tightly in his arms. Her right leg was draped over his hip and she could feel the stark evidence of his early morning arousal. "JR," she pushed lightly against his chest, "we'd better get up. The boys will be awake soon." "It's not even 5 a.m. yet, darlin'," JR told her dipping his head to nuzzle her ear, "we have plenty of time before the boys wake up." He moved his hand to lightly stroke the long leg resting on his hip. "I miss this," he whispered "I miss you, Sue Ellen." Sue Ellen shuddered with the deep wave of desire that swept through her body, settling with tingly insistence at the center of her womanhood. "JR," she protested weakly, "you promised you wouldn't try to seduce me." JR growled into her ear and moved her onto her back. He rolled with her and settled his legs between hers. He bent his head and captured her lips in a long, searching kiss. "I'm not seducing you, Sue Ellen," he said when he finally lifted his head. "I'm showing you how much I have missed you, how much I need you, how much I love you." He buried his head against her neck, placing soft, gentle kisses against her sensitive skin. Sue Ellen's body betrayed her, she.moaned and her hips ground into his manhood against her will. "Please….please JR…" JR lifted his head and looked deeply into her eyes. "Please what?" he demanded lowly. He moved his hand between their bodies and cupped her breast, using his thumb to tease her nipple, "please stop?" Sue Ellen shook her head violently in protest. JR chuckled and moved his other hand to stroke the center of her pleasure, the one spot he had learned to manipulate from years of lovemaking. "Please what, Sue Ellen?" "JR…" she couldn't form the words. She reached up and pulled his head down to hers, rising up to greet his mouth in a deep, desperate kiss. He kissed her with such passion she thought her heart might stop from the pleasure crashing through her. His fingers stroked at her until she exploded in wave after wave of satisfied fulfillment. "JR! Oh my GOD"! she cried out as the world burst before her eyes in bright, colorful lights. JR watched her, fascinated by the look of bliss settling across her face. He leaned down and placed his lips against hers for another deep kiss. "Sue Ellen," he breathed against her mouth, "will you let me make love to you, honey?" Sue Ellen answered him by lifting her hips to meet his again. JR groaned and swiftly entered her. His eyes closed and his jaw clenched at the raw, powerful pleasure of feeling her moist warmth surround him. "Yes, JR," she urged him, feeling the pressure build inside her all over again as he thrust in and out of her slowly and deeply. The room was quiet except for their heavy breathing, Sue Ellen's gasping, and JR's groaning. They made love as the sun came up, peaking its light through the curtain of the bedroom window. Sue Ellen felt as if she were drowning in the pleasure of having this man inside her again. No one else had ever made her feel so desired, so wanted. "JR…" she whispered as they reached the peak of climax together. JR brought his hands up to cup her face. He held her head steady, forcing her to look into his eyes. "I love you, Sue Ellen," he growled as he thrust into her one last time, bringing them both to the completion of their passion, "I only have ever loved you." *** "It sure is quiet around here without the boys," Lucy sighed, pushing her breakfast around on her plate with her fork. "Yes," Miss Ellie agreed, "I already miss them." "Where is Clayton off to so early this morning?" Lucy asked her grandmother. "He went into Braddock to look at some horses. Ray was supposed to go, but everyone thought it would be better for him to stay at the house to watch over Sue Ellen and the boys." "This whole thing is so crazy, Grandma. I hope they figure it all out soon. My nerves are completely shot. I can't even imagine how Sue Ellen must feel." Miss Ellie was silent, leaning back in her chair and sipping her coffee. "You okay, Grandma?" "Yes. I suppose I should be used to this sort of drama after all these years. I keep waiting for Sue Ellen and JR to grow up and stop making each other so miserable." "They should just get it over with and get divorced and stay divorced," Lucy groused. "Would make life a lot easier on everyone." "That will never happen, Lucy," Miss Ellie replied flatly. "JR is a complicated man. He has many character flaws and has caused this family a lot of heartache. But one thing I know for certain; JR has really only ever needed two people in his life to love him, his father and his wife. As awful as he treats her sometimes, he loves She Ellen, and he needs her to love him back. He won't ever let her go." "He might not have a choice," Lucy replied. "There's always a choice, Lucy," Miss Ellie said, "always. I just pray that for once in his life, JR makes the right one." *** Sue Ellen sat at the kitchen table, nursing a cup of coffee and silently cursing herself. How could she have let it happen? How could she have traded her dignity one more time for a few minutes of bliss in his arms? She blushed at that thought. It had been considerably more than just a few minutes. JR had made sweet, passionate love to her for hours. They probably would have stayed in bed, reveling in each other all day if the sounds of the boys.moving around in the hallway hadn't demanded their immediate attention. "Mornin', Sue Ellen," "Good morning, Ray," she managed a small smile. "Thank you again for opening your home to us." "No problem," Ray told her, filling a mug with coffee and.moving to sit across from her at the kitchen table. "I'm glad for the company. This house gets pretty lonely when Jenna and Lucas are gone." "How does Charlie like living in Switzerland?" "She loves it," Ray sighed. "Truth be told, Jenna loves it over there too. She wants to move there full-time. It wasn't possible because of the horse business and financial issues, but with JR giving me back my ten percent stake in Ewing Oil, it might actually work out for us." "JR did what?" Sue Ellen asked, her shock evident in her voice. "He didn't tell you?" Ray asked, surprised. "Damn. Me and my big mouth. Sue Ellen...JR signed Ewing Oil back over to the family. He kept forty percent, gave Bobby forty, and gave me and Gary ten." "Gary?" Sue Ellen repeated. "He gave Gary part of Ewing Oil?" "Yeah," Ray laughed. "Believe me, I was shocked too. He finally had it all. Everything but the name, and he just handed it all back over to the family. Bobby and I figured there was some kind of angle, but we couldn't work it out. Finally we just decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth." Sue Ellen's eyes narrowed and she growled under her breath. "It's not hard to figure out, Ray. It's the divorce. He was probably worried I'd end up with half of Ewing Oil." "I don't know, Sue Ellen," Ray mused. "Even if you did end up with half, John Ross would eventually get it all. Seems like that would be more appealing to JR than me and Gary having any control." Sue Ellen made no reply, simply turning her coffee mug in circles.on the table in front of her. "You still planning on going through with the divorce?" Ray finally asked. "Yes," Sue Ellen said quietly, unable to keep the sadness out of her voice. "Well then...if Jenna and I decide to move to Switzerland, I'm gonna need to sell this place. I know it's not fancy or elegant, but it's close to Southfork. John Ross could be with both of his parents if you lived here." Sue Ellen gasped with surprise. "Ray… it… that would be perfect…" "Just think it over a while," he said, standing up to put his empty coffee mug in the sink. "I haven't decided to sell yet, but if I do, I'll give you the option to buy before I put it on the market." "Thank you, Ray," Sue Ellen smiled at him. "Well," Ray said, nodding at her, "I'd better get a move on. I promised two little boys who have been trapped inside that I'd take them out to the barn to visit the horses." "Are you sure that's safe?" "Completely safe," Ray assured her. "The land is flat. You can see for miles. The only ones here besides us are McSween's men. I'll have them back in by lunchtime. JR is in the study working so you won't be alone." Sue Ellen smiled at him again and watched as he walked from the kitchen to go collect the boys. "What are you up to, JR?" she wondered out loud to the empty room. *** "No. Not interested." "Come on, Cliff," Marilee rolled her eyes, "this is the chance you've been waiting for your whole life!" "I said not interested, Marilee. I'm not involving myself in your petty scheme about JR Ewing." "What's wrong with you, Cliff? Getting soft in your old age?" "Ha! Not a chance, Marilee. I'm not getting soft, just getting smart. JR controls the biggest oil outfit in Texas. I'm not yanking that chain for no good reason." "The fact that it's JR Ewing should be the only reason you need," Marilee snapped. "Well it's not. And this.meeting is over," Cliff snapped back at her. He reached out and pressed the intercom button on his phone,"Jackie, can you please come.in here and see Mrs. Stone out?" "You'll regret this, Cliff!" Marilee warned, standing up. "Oh, I seriously doubt that, Marilee." His office door opened and Jackie appeared. She walked to his desk and handed him an envelope. "This just came by messenger," she told him. "It's marked private." Cliff waited until she and Marilee disappeared behind the closed door then opened the envelope. "Holy hell," he sucked in a deep breath. He grabbed his phone and punched in the number. "Yeah, Bobby, it's Cliff. I'm at my office. How fast can you get over here? We have a serious problem." *** Sue Ellen turned off the TV and threw the remote on the table in frustration. She couldn't concentrate on anything; her thoughts kept stubbornly returning to JR and his devastating lovemaking. "Damn you, JR," she seethed "What have I done now?" an amused voice asked from the doorway. "You know what you did," she spat out. "You got your reconciliation and reset the clock on our separation date!" JR.chucked and moved across the room to take a seat beside her on the couch. "Is that what's got you so frustrated, Miss Texas?" he asked, his voice soft and silky, "or is it something else?" "What else could it possibly be, JR?" "Oh, I don't know," he teased her, "maybe this morning reminded you how good it's always been between us. Maybe your frustration is coming from the thought of having to live without that magic for the rest of your life. I mean, come on Miss Texas," his voice dropped even lower, "you weren't exactly complaining this.morning - unless all those moans and groans were really protests." "Damn you, JR," she said again. JR laughed out loud and shook his head at her. "You don't have to worry, darlin'. I won't be spilling the beans to Harv Smithfield. Your sexy secrets are all safe with me." "You… you won't use what happened this morning to delay the divorce?" "No," JR said solemnly. "But don't let that give you a false sense of security, darlin'. I'm not going to just stand by and let the only woman I have ever loved walk out of my life." "You're going to fight me?" "Yes. I'm going to fight like hell, but not the way you think." "JR, I.don't understand…" "I'm not going to use lawyers and courts, Sue Ellen. I'm just.going to love you. I'm going to spend every day I have with you being the husband I always should have been to you." "We've been through all this before," Sue Ellen sighed. "Not like this," JR told her. "Nothing has changed, JR," Sue Ellen told him bitterly. "Everything has changed, Sue Ellen. For the first time in our lives together, I realize I might actually lose you for good. I can't live without you." Sue Ellen turned her head away and he reached out to gently cup her chin and force her to face him again. "I mean it, Sue Ellen. This time it's not about John Ross, or Ewing Oil, or anything else but you and how much I love you. I know you don't believe me. I don't blame you. But it's true. And I am going to do my best to love you out of your mind until I convince you." "It's too late, JR. Years too late." "I refuse to believe that, Sue Ellen," he sighed, standing up and moving to the door. "Ray will be in with the boys in a few minutes. We should get some lunch ready for them." Sue Ellen's breath caught in her throat as she watched him leave the room. Could it really be different this time? Could he really mean it? "Stop it," she admonished herself, shaking away those love sick thoughts. "Be strong, Sue Ellen Ewing. You will NOT let him fool you and break your heart again." *** "We have to tell JR." "WE don't have to do anything, Bobby," Cliff shot back. "YOU tell him." "You're probably right, Cliff," Bobby sighed. "When he sees this, his first reaction may very well be to punch you in the face." "Exactly," Cliff agreed. "And I'm not taking that chance." Bobby sighed heavily and looked at the picture again. "Cliff, are you sure about when this was taken?" "No doubt about it at all. It was right after Pam's accident. Sue Ellen was coming into the hospital as I was leaving. She gave me a hug and told me how sorry she was about Pam." "That was a long time ago," Bobby reasoned. He picked up the newspaper clipping that had come to Cliff in the confidential envelope with the snapshot of him and Sue Ellen hugging. The clipping was of a very old story about Cliff claiming to be the father of John Ross and demanding a blood test to prove it. On the bottom of the clipping, "Once a whore, always a whore!" was written in big, bold, red letters. "Whoever sent this has been watching Sue Ellen for months." "Or years," Cliff said. "Bobby… I mean I hate to even say this, but could it be...well, could it be JR doing all this?" "What? No! How could you think such a thing, Cliff?" "Are you serious?" Cliff replied cooly. "JR has done a lot worse. Seems like if he really thought Sue Ellen was taking John Ross and leaving him for good, he'd do anything to keep her with him; up to and including scaring the hell out of her." "Cliff, that's an awful thing to say," Bobby protested. "Even JR wouldn't stoop that low." "Are you sure about that?" Cliff asked, "because I'm sure as hell not." Bobby's eyes grew wide as he considered the truth of Cliff's words. JR had repeatedly shown his willingness to stop at nothing to get his own way. He'd mortgaged Southfork, gotten into bed with terrorists, cheated on the woman he loved over and over again… "No," Bobby said finally, "JR wouldn't use the boys like this. Even he has his limits." "I hope you're right," Cliff said. "Because he's in danger of losing a lot more than his wife right now." "What are you talking about, Cliff?" "Marilee Stone came by to see me this morning. She threw her lot in with Kimberly Cryder and Jeremy Wendell. They're going after JR, and she made me a very attractive offer to join them." "And?" "And I said no. JR and I called a truce and I intend to keep my word. But Bobby...they're not just coming after JR; they're coming after Ewing Oil." "That means they're coming after me." "Exactly," Cliff agreed. "Just thought you ought to know, because believe me, Bobby, they want to destroy JR Ewing. And they don't much care who else gets hurt in the process. Be careful." "Don't you worry about me, Cliff," Bobby said, his voice thick with conviction. "I may not be as underhanded as JR, but I know how to protect me and mine. They step on my toes, JR will look like a mild annoyance by the time I'm done with them." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top