Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 212315" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 11</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>×××</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Cryder and Wendell were having dinner together at the Cattleman's Club at the time the call was made. We can cross them off the list," McSween informed JR.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR leaned back in his chair and leveled his gaze on the other man, "don't cross them off yet. If they're involved, they'd be paying someone else to do all the dirty work."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright," Harry nodded. "Oswald Valentine is in LA. He's trying to get a new lingerie business off the ground. He's not too bright, JR. I can't see him masterminding a plot like this one."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Agreed," JR nodded. "I don't think we should worry with him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mandy Winger is back in Dallas," Harry informed him. "She's shooting a commercial for a new wine company."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's face broke into a dark grimace, "she have an alibi for last night?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," McSween sighed. "Claims she was home alone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Check her phone records?" JR demanded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Waiting on them now. I still haven't gotten the phone logs from Southfork. Maybe you could make a call to my captain to hurry things up?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR nodded. "Anything on Pearce?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Afraid not," McSween sighed. "He isn't home. Doesn't look like he's been there for days. His boss said he took a leave of absence, but there's no record of him being on any commercial flight."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Keep on it, Harry," JR barked. "I want to know exactly where that man is and what he's up to."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I will, JR." Harry promised. "Still nothing on Wentworth. It's like she vanished into thin air; but there is one other thing - about the rig explosion."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR raised his eyebrows in a silent question.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, you know it's not my case, but I managed to get a peak at the autopsy reports."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Looks like one of the dead guys was carrying the device, JR. That's why they couldn't find the source of the explosion, it blew up with him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're sure?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Pretty sure, JR. The other two bodies were badly burned but intact. This guy was missing half his parts."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Any connection between the explosion and what's going on at Southfork?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not that I can find," McSween shook his head.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, thanks Harry," JR stood up and extended his hand, letting the detective know the meeting was over.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure, JR. Don't forget to call my captain about those phone logs."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll get right on it," JR promised. </p><p></p><p></p><p>JR waited until Harry was out of his office and then pressed the intercom button on his phone. "Sly," he barked, "get Captain Clarke on the phone for me. And cancel my afternoon appointments. I'm going to be out of the office for a while."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It was so thoughtful of you to come visit me," Sue Ellen smiled, "I really and glad for the company."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, I know the past week or so has been rough for you," April said. "I thought you could use a friendly non-Ewing face."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're right about that," Sue Ellen laughed. "You know, April, this house is huge, but I still feel so trapped."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hopefully they'll figure all this out soon and catch whoever has been doing all those awful things."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, I hope so too," Sue Ellen sighed. "I can't leave Southfork until this is over and as long as I stay here JR has grounds to fight the divorce."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So, you're still planning to go through with it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen said sadly. "I...I love him so much, April. I'll love him until the day I die. But staying with him will slowly kill me. He loves me, but the only time he really wants me is when he can't have me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm so sorry, Sue Ellen," April sighed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Excuse me, Mrs. Ewing," Raoul interrupted. "There's a delivery for you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not expecting anything…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'll handle it," Bobby said, suddenly appearing in the room. "Where is it, Raoul?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"In the kitchen, Sir."</p><p></p><p></p><p>They all followed Raoul into the kitchen. Bobby carefully approached the decorative gift box on the counter. He slowly unwrapped the bow and gingerly removed the top of the box.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't worry, Bobby," Sue Ellen sighed with relief when she saw what was in the box, "those are from JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How do you know?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He always sends me yellow roses when he needs to apologize to me for something."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Someone else might know that, Sue Ellen," Bobby told her. "I need to be sure."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby lifted the flowers carefully out of the box and inspected them. "Looks safe," he said, holding the card up to the light to examine it before handing it over to Sue Ellen. "Guess you're right," Bobby said. He turned his attention to April for the first time. "Hello, April," he said. "It's nice to see you again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Nice to see you too," April smiled and blushed slightly. "I'd ask how you've been, but with everything going on lately, I guess the answer is obvious."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby sighed. "Way too much excitement around here these days."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen watched the exchange between her friend and her brother-in-law with piqued curiosity. Was there something going on between them?</p><p></p><p></p><p>April seemed to be aware that Sue Ellen was watching her. "Aren't you going to read the card?" she asked, hoping to distract the other woman.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sighed and opened the envelope. "I'm sure it's just empty words of regret…" Sue Ellen went pale and the card and envelope slipped through her fingers and fell to the ground.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen! What is it?" Bobby reached out and grabbed his sister-in-law by the shoulders. She was ghost-white and looked as if she might pass out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, my God!" April cried out when she bent to pick up the card Sue Ellen had dropped on the ground. "Bobby…" she handed the card to him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Find Clayton and Ray," he ordered Raoul. "Tell Ray to get JR on the phone and to tell him to get home right now."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Take her upstairs," Bobby told April, nodding at Sue Ellen. "Get the boys out of the playroom. Get Lucy to help you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course, Bobby," April nodded. "Come on Sue Ellen," she put her arms around the other woman and gently led her from the room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What the hell, Bob?" Ray and Clayton burst into the kitchen. "Raoul said it was an emergency!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Bobby handed Ray the card. "Someone sent Sue Ellen a dozen yellow roses and a message."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Ray's eyes grew wide as he examined the paper. It was a picture of Su Ellen, Lucy, Christopher, and John Ross sitting around a table in the playroom playing Monopoly. There was a huge red X drawn over Sue Ellen's face and a smaller black X in the center of her forehead.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That picture was taken yesterday," Bobby said solemnly. "I recognize Christopher's shirt. And it looks like it was taken from right outside the room."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR! What a wonderful surprise!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR removed his Stetson and nodded his head, "May I come in?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course!" </p><p></p><p></p><p>JR walked into the room and waited for her to shut the door.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Can I fix you something to drink?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, I.won't be staying long," JR answered. "You're looking well, Mandy."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well thank you, JR," Mandy beamed. "I guess Hollywood agrees with me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How long have you been back in Dallas?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"A couple of weeks," she said. "Long enough to hear the rumors about you and Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What rumors?" he asked, his face expressionless </p><p></p><p></p><p>"That you moved out of Southfork and filed for a divorce," Many smiled. "If you ask me, it was a long time coming. I don't know how you put up with that manipulative bitch as long as you did."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's eyes narrowed to dangerous, glittering slits."I'm still living at Southfork," he informed her harshly. "And Sue Ellen is still my wife. I've always had a soft spot for you, Mandy, but don't make the mistake of thinking I'll stand here and let you disrespect the mother of my son."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So the two of you aren't divorcing?" Mandy's voice sounded disappointed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not if I have anything to say about it," JR growled.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Then what are you doing here? Why seek me out if you're still happily attached to your wife?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"There's been some trouble at Southfork," JR said. "Someone has been terrorizing Sue Ellen. When I heard you were back in town...well, let's just say if anyone has a motive to hurt my wife, it's you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Mandy let out a bitter laugh. "I wondered why that detective came by this morning asking me all those questions. Listen, JR, I HATE Sue Ellen. But, I wouldn't do anything to threaten her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why is that?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Mandy looked up at him with wide eyes. "Because I still love you, JR. I still believe that you love me. Eventually, you'll get tired of being tied down to Sue Ellen and you'll come back to me. I'm just waiting it out, JR. But, I wouldn't hurt Sue Ellen because I know you would never forgive me for that. As much as I detest her, I know she'll always be John Ross's mother."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR took a deep breath and put his Stetson back on his head. "I don't love you, Mandy. I love my wife. You need to move on and find someone else."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't believe you, JR," Mandy said softly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I feel sorry for you then," JR said moving, to the door. "There have been many lovers in my life, Mandy, but there's only one woman I ever truly loved, and that's Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Finish your commercial and get out of Dallas," JR told her. "And stay away from my family."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I can't believe this!" Ray pounded his fist on the wall. "How in the hell could someone get close enough to the house to get this picture?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The playroom is on the second floor," McSween sighed. "Had to be a high powered lens."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That kind of camera is pretty high tech stuff, Harry," Bobby said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know anything about cameras, Bobby. I'll have to call in some experts, but I'm pretty sure whoever took that picture has to be close by- very close by."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do whatever you have to do, Harry," Bobby told him.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No luck finding JR," Clayton informed them. ""His secretary said he cancelled all of his afternoon appointments and left the office without telling her where he was going."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Jack ass," Ray muttered. "What's our next move? Should we get Sue Ellen and the kids off Southfork?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Ray," McSween said. "It's probably something that should be seriously considered."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You just said whoever is watching has to be very close by!" Clayton said, "I don't think we have any choice but to move Sue Ellen and the boys. Maybe the rest of our women too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We can't decide anything until we find JR," Bobby signed. "But I want this ranch searched top to bottom, corner to corner. If whoever took that picture is still around, I want them found."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hello, everyone," JR said as he breezed into the living room, "glad to see you're all here, I have some good news."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where've you been JR," Ray practically spat at him. "We've been trying to find you all day."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I went to check out a few leads and I managed to eliminate some suspects…" JR's voice trailed off as he slowly became aware of the thick tension in the room, "what happened?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"THIS happened, JR," Bobby growled, tossing the picture of Sue Ellen on the bar in front of him. "Someone sent this to Sue Ellen with a dozen yellow roses."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR felt a wave of fear wash over him. "Where is she?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Upstairs with Lucy, Mama, and the boys. She's okay for now, JR. But I think we might want to consider moving her off Southfork."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This picture...damn Bob…" JR's voice shook, "this was yesterday."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Bobby confirmed. "Camera expert says it was taken from about 300 yards from the house."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where were you, JR?" Ray demanded again. "What kind of man takes off with no way to find him when he knows his wife is in danger?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now, just a minute, Ray," JR warned, "I was out trying to find out who is responsible."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And what did you find, my love?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR turned his head at the sound of Sue Ellen's voice. She was standing in the foyer just outside the living room with Miss Ellie. She looked so fragile, so tired. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," JR said softly. "You should be upstairs with the boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, no, JR. I want to hear what you have to say. I needed you today. I called the office over and over. Sly had no idea where you'd gone. If you were out playing detective, I think I have a right to know what you found out."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Listen, Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where were you, JR?" Sue Ellen demanded. "And don't you dare lie to me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I went to see Mandy Winger," he said flatly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Mandy? Miss trash with class is back in Dallas?" Sue Ellen said with mock sweetness. "How wonderfully convenient for you, JR. Just when you're about to be rid of me for good, your favorite mistress rolls back into town."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now hold on, Sue Ellen," JR looked uncomfortable. He didn't want to have this conversation in front of the entire family.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Tell me, JR," Sue Ellen goaded him, "how many times did she see you order yellow roses for me to placate me for not coming home after spending the night in her bed."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, Mandy doesn't have anything to do with what's been happening here. The only reason I went to see her was to rule her out as a suspect and I did."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really, JR? That's the only reason you went to see her? And that took all day?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," JR answered. "After I left Mandy's I went somewhere else."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Where, JR? Please enlighten us. Where did you go? Where were you when I needed you, JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, I think it would be best for us to talk about this in private…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, JR," Sue Ellen spat. "I want everyone to know where my loving husband spent his afternoon."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Fine, then. We'll wash all of our dirty laundry right out here in front of everyone if that's what you want. I went to see your lover Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?" Sue Ellen gasped out, shocked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You heard me," JR snapped. "I spent the afternoon with Nicholas Pearce."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 212315, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 11 ××× "Cryder and Wendell were having dinner together at the Cattleman's Club at the time the call was made. We can cross them off the list," McSween informed JR. JR leaned back in his chair and leveled his gaze on the other man, "don't cross them off yet. If they're involved, they'd be paying someone else to do all the dirty work." "Alright," Harry nodded. "Oswald Valentine is in LA. He's trying to get a new lingerie business off the ground. He's not too bright, JR. I can't see him masterminding a plot like this one." "Agreed," JR nodded. "I don't think we should worry with him." "Mandy Winger is back in Dallas," Harry informed him. "She's shooting a commercial for a new wine company." JR's face broke into a dark grimace, "she have an alibi for last night?" "No," McSween sighed. "Claims she was home alone." "Check her phone records?" JR demanded. "Waiting on them now. I still haven't gotten the phone logs from Southfork. Maybe you could make a call to my captain to hurry things up?" "Yes," JR nodded. "Anything on Pearce?" "Afraid not," McSween sighed. "He isn't home. Doesn't look like he's been there for days. His boss said he took a leave of absence, but there's no record of him being on any commercial flight." "Keep on it, Harry," JR barked. "I want to know exactly where that man is and what he's up to." "I will, JR." Harry promised. "Still nothing on Wentworth. It's like she vanished into thin air; but there is one other thing - about the rig explosion." JR raised his eyebrows in a silent question. "Well, you know it's not my case, but I managed to get a peak at the autopsy reports." "And?" "Looks like one of the dead guys was carrying the device, JR. That's why they couldn't find the source of the explosion, it blew up with him." "You're sure?" "Pretty sure, JR. The other two bodies were badly burned but intact. This guy was missing half his parts." "Any connection between the explosion and what's going on at Southfork?" "Not that I can find," McSween shook his head. "Alright, thanks Harry," JR stood up and extended his hand, letting the detective know the meeting was over. "Sure, JR. Don't forget to call my captain about those phone logs." "I'll get right on it," JR promised. JR waited until Harry was out of his office and then pressed the intercom button on his phone. "Sly," he barked, "get Captain Clarke on the phone for me. And cancel my afternoon appointments. I'm going to be out of the office for a while." *** "It was so thoughtful of you to come visit me," Sue Ellen smiled, "I really and glad for the company." "Well, I know the past week or so has been rough for you," April said. "I thought you could use a friendly non-Ewing face." "You're right about that," Sue Ellen laughed. "You know, April, this house is huge, but I still feel so trapped." "Hopefully they'll figure all this out soon and catch whoever has been doing all those awful things." "Yes, I hope so too," Sue Ellen sighed. "I can't leave Southfork until this is over and as long as I stay here JR has grounds to fight the divorce." "So, you're still planning to go through with it?" "Yes," Sue Ellen said sadly. "I...I love him so much, April. I'll love him until the day I die. But staying with him will slowly kill me. He loves me, but the only time he really wants me is when he can't have me." "I'm so sorry, Sue Ellen," April sighed. "Excuse me, Mrs. Ewing," Raoul interrupted. "There's a delivery for you." "I'm not expecting anything…" "I'll handle it," Bobby said, suddenly appearing in the room. "Where is it, Raoul?" "In the kitchen, Sir." They all followed Raoul into the kitchen. Bobby carefully approached the decorative gift box on the counter. He slowly unwrapped the bow and gingerly removed the top of the box. "Don't worry, Bobby," Sue Ellen sighed with relief when she saw what was in the box, "those are from JR." "How do you know?" Bobby asked. "He always sends me yellow roses when he needs to apologize to me for something." "Someone else might know that, Sue Ellen," Bobby told her. "I need to be sure." Bobby lifted the flowers carefully out of the box and inspected them. "Looks safe," he said, holding the card up to the light to examine it before handing it over to Sue Ellen. "Guess you're right," Bobby said. He turned his attention to April for the first time. "Hello, April," he said. "It's nice to see you again." "Nice to see you too," April smiled and blushed slightly. "I'd ask how you've been, but with everything going on lately, I guess the answer is obvious." "Yes," Bobby sighed. "Way too much excitement around here these days." Sue Ellen watched the exchange between her friend and her brother-in-law with piqued curiosity. Was there something going on between them? April seemed to be aware that Sue Ellen was watching her. "Aren't you going to read the card?" she asked, hoping to distract the other woman. Sue Ellen sighed and opened the envelope. "I'm sure it's just empty words of regret…" Sue Ellen went pale and the card and envelope slipped through her fingers and fell to the ground. "Sue Ellen! What is it?" Bobby reached out and grabbed his sister-in-law by the shoulders. She was ghost-white and looked as if she might pass out. "Oh, my God!" April cried out when she bent to pick up the card Sue Ellen had dropped on the ground. "Bobby…" she handed the card to him. "Find Clayton and Ray," he ordered Raoul. "Tell Ray to get JR on the phone and to tell him to get home right now." "Take her upstairs," Bobby told April, nodding at Sue Ellen. "Get the boys out of the playroom. Get Lucy to help you." "Of course, Bobby," April nodded. "Come on Sue Ellen," she put her arms around the other woman and gently led her from the room. "What the hell, Bob?" Ray and Clayton burst into the kitchen. "Raoul said it was an emergency!" Bobby handed Ray the card. "Someone sent Sue Ellen a dozen yellow roses and a message." Ray's eyes grew wide as he examined the paper. It was a picture of Su Ellen, Lucy, Christopher, and John Ross sitting around a table in the playroom playing Monopoly. There was a huge red X drawn over Sue Ellen's face and a smaller black X in the center of her forehead. "That picture was taken yesterday," Bobby said solemnly. "I recognize Christopher's shirt. And it looks like it was taken from right outside the room." *** "JR! What a wonderful surprise!" JR removed his Stetson and nodded his head, "May I come in?" "Of course!" JR walked into the room and waited for her to shut the door. "Can I fix you something to drink?" "No, I.won't be staying long," JR answered. "You're looking well, Mandy." "Well thank you, JR," Mandy beamed. "I guess Hollywood agrees with me." "How long have you been back in Dallas?" "A couple of weeks," she said. "Long enough to hear the rumors about you and Sue Ellen." "What rumors?" he asked, his face expressionless "That you moved out of Southfork and filed for a divorce," Many smiled. "If you ask me, it was a long time coming. I don't know how you put up with that manipulative bitch as long as you did." JR's eyes narrowed to dangerous, glittering slits."I'm still living at Southfork," he informed her harshly. "And Sue Ellen is still my wife. I've always had a soft spot for you, Mandy, but don't make the mistake of thinking I'll stand here and let you disrespect the mother of my son." "So the two of you aren't divorcing?" Mandy's voice sounded disappointed. "Not if I have anything to say about it," JR growled. "Then what are you doing here? Why seek me out if you're still happily attached to your wife?" "There's been some trouble at Southfork," JR said. "Someone has been terrorizing Sue Ellen. When I heard you were back in town...well, let's just say if anyone has a motive to hurt my wife, it's you." Mandy let out a bitter laugh. "I wondered why that detective came by this morning asking me all those questions. Listen, JR, I HATE Sue Ellen. But, I wouldn't do anything to threaten her." "Why is that?" Mandy looked up at him with wide eyes. "Because I still love you, JR. I still believe that you love me. Eventually, you'll get tired of being tied down to Sue Ellen and you'll come back to me. I'm just waiting it out, JR. But, I wouldn't hurt Sue Ellen because I know you would never forgive me for that. As much as I detest her, I know she'll always be John Ross's mother." JR took a deep breath and put his Stetson back on his head. "I don't love you, Mandy. I love my wife. You need to move on and find someone else." "I don't believe you, JR," Mandy said softly. "I feel sorry for you then," JR said moving, to the door. "There have been many lovers in my life, Mandy, but there's only one woman I ever truly loved, and that's Sue Ellen." "JR…" "Finish your commercial and get out of Dallas," JR told her. "And stay away from my family." *** "I can't believe this!" Ray pounded his fist on the wall. "How in the hell could someone get close enough to the house to get this picture?" "The playroom is on the second floor," McSween sighed. "Had to be a high powered lens." "That kind of camera is pretty high tech stuff, Harry," Bobby said. "I don't know anything about cameras, Bobby. I'll have to call in some experts, but I'm pretty sure whoever took that picture has to be close by- very close by." "Do whatever you have to do, Harry," Bobby told him. "No luck finding JR," Clayton informed them. ""His secretary said he cancelled all of his afternoon appointments and left the office without telling her where he was going." "Jack ass," Ray muttered. "What's our next move? Should we get Sue Ellen and the kids off Southfork?" "I don't know, Ray," McSween said. "It's probably something that should be seriously considered." "You just said whoever is watching has to be very close by!" Clayton said, "I don't think we have any choice but to move Sue Ellen and the boys. Maybe the rest of our women too." "We can't decide anything until we find JR," Bobby signed. "But I want this ranch searched top to bottom, corner to corner. If whoever took that picture is still around, I want them found." *** "Hello, everyone," JR said as he breezed into the living room, "glad to see you're all here, I have some good news." "Where've you been JR," Ray practically spat at him. "We've been trying to find you all day." "I went to check out a few leads and I managed to eliminate some suspects…" JR's voice trailed off as he slowly became aware of the thick tension in the room, "what happened?" "THIS happened, JR," Bobby growled, tossing the picture of Sue Ellen on the bar in front of him. "Someone sent this to Sue Ellen with a dozen yellow roses." JR felt a wave of fear wash over him. "Where is she?" "Upstairs with Lucy, Mama, and the boys. She's okay for now, JR. But I think we might want to consider moving her off Southfork." "This picture...damn Bob…" JR's voice shook, "this was yesterday." "Yeah," Bobby confirmed. "Camera expert says it was taken from about 300 yards from the house." "Where were you, JR?" Ray demanded again. "What kind of man takes off with no way to find him when he knows his wife is in danger?" "Now, just a minute, Ray," JR warned, "I was out trying to find out who is responsible." "And what did you find, my love?" JR turned his head at the sound of Sue Ellen's voice. She was standing in the foyer just outside the living room with Miss Ellie. She looked so fragile, so tired. "Sue Ellen," JR said softly. "You should be upstairs with the boys." "Oh, no, JR. I want to hear what you have to say. I needed you today. I called the office over and over. Sly had no idea where you'd gone. If you were out playing detective, I think I have a right to know what you found out." "Listen, Sue Ellen…" "Where were you, JR?" Sue Ellen demanded. "And don't you dare lie to me." "I went to see Mandy Winger," he said flatly. "Mandy? Miss trash with class is back in Dallas?" Sue Ellen said with mock sweetness. "How wonderfully convenient for you, JR. Just when you're about to be rid of me for good, your favorite mistress rolls back into town." "Now hold on, Sue Ellen," JR looked uncomfortable. He didn't want to have this conversation in front of the entire family. "Tell me, JR," Sue Ellen goaded him, "how many times did she see you order yellow roses for me to placate me for not coming home after spending the night in her bed." "Sue Ellen, Mandy doesn't have anything to do with what's been happening here. The only reason I went to see her was to rule her out as a suspect and I did." "Really, JR? That's the only reason you went to see her? And that took all day?" "No," JR answered. "After I left Mandy's I went somewhere else." "Where, JR? Please enlighten us. Where did you go? Where were you when I needed you, JR?" "Sue Ellen, I think it would be best for us to talk about this in private…" "No, JR," Sue Ellen spat. "I want everyone to know where my loving husband spent his afternoon." "Fine, then. We'll wash all of our dirty laundry right out here in front of everyone if that's what you want. I went to see your lover Sue Ellen." "What?" Sue Ellen gasped out, shocked. "You heard me," JR snapped. "I spent the afternoon with Nicholas Pearce." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top