Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 212161" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 9</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ha!" John Ross shouted with glee! "You landed on Park Place and I have a hotel there!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, that wipes me out," Lucy laughed. "Bankrupt!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I win again!" John Ross gloated. "Want to play another game?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh no, John Ross," Sue Ellen laughed. "You've already beaten us at Monopoly twice. That's quite enough for one day."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Christopher piped up, "I want to play something else."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No more playing," Sue Ellen told them. "It's time for two little Boys I know to go get cleaned up for dinner."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Aw, Mama…" John Ross started to protest.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now, John Ross," Sue Ellen said sternly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Come on Christopher," John Ross sighed unhappily. "Let's go."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen watched as the boys retreated from the play room. She knew they were going stir crazy; they all were. John Ross seemed to be having a particularly hard time being cooped up in the house. He was starting to get sullen and demanding.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You okay, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned to look at her niece. "Just fine, Lucy," she answered. "I was just thinking about how much John Ross is like his father. It scares me sometimes."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about it," Lucy smiled. "He plays a mean game of Monopoly and gets snippy sometimes, but he has enough of his mother in him to balance out the JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I hope so, Lucy," Sue Ellen said, bending to put away the game.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Evenin' ladies."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen felt her entire body go stiff at the sound of JR's voice.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, if it isn't my third favorite uncle!" Lucy exclaimed brightly. "Have a good day raping and pillaging?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen burst out laughing in spite of herself.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Very funny, Lucy," JR growled. "Would you mind giving me a minute alone with my wife?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy hesitated and glanced at Sue Ellen. Sue Ellen nodded her head and Lucy shrugged her shoulders. "Sure, JR," she said snidely. "You just give out a squeal for help if she beats you up again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR rolled his eyes but said nothing as he watched Lucy practically skip out of the room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What is it JR?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR turned his full attention on his wife. "I had a meeting with Harv Smithfield today," he informed her. "He said your lawyer informed him that your stock in Weststar is off the table."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He also said you declined alimony and your share of my assets."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen said again.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, now Sue Ellen, I want you to have everything you're entitled to."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't need your money, JR. You forget I'm a very wealthy woman on my own."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No, I haven't forgotten, Miss Texas," JR lowered his voice. "You managed to parlay that first divorce settlement into quite a fortune."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen took a deep breath. She wouldn't let him bait her. "Yes, I did."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sighed and moved closer to her. "I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Yours, mine, ours - John Ross'll end up with it all eventually."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Exactly, JR," Sue Ellen agreed. "So there's no reason for you not to sign the papers."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I can think of a few reasons," JR grumbled. "One of which is I need that Weststar stock, Sue Ellen. I can't have you holding it over my head for the rest of our lives."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You know what your problem is, JR? You judge everyone else's character by the quality of your own."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What's that supposed to mean, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It means that just because you would use the leverage of the Weststar stock as a weapon, that doesn't mean I will."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, come off it, Miss Texas!" JR mocked her. "The only reason you even have that stock is because you wanted to use it to destroy me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But I couldn't go through with it, could I JR? And that's what makes us different. I have a conscience."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," JR sighed, "I'm not trying to cheat you. I'll pay you more than fair market value for those shares. You aren't interested in the oil business. The only reason you could have to want to hang on to those shares is to spite me. I don't want to fight you, darlin', but I will if you force my hand."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm not going to sleep with you," Sue Ellen said, out of the blue.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's eyebrows shot up with surprise. "I don't recall inviting you too, at least not recently."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm just making sure we're clear about it, JR."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, I haven't been near you since the night someone broke into the house. Sexy as you are, I can manage to control my urges. Besides, I have other things on my mind."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Other things?" Sue Ellen repeated icily, "or other women?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR's face darkened, "I told you there isn't anyone else, but what difference would it make if there was? You don't want to share my bed, so why should you care who else climbs into it?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't care, JR," Sue Ellen breathed out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR reached out and snatched her arm, jerking her roughly against his body, "Liar," he whispered in her ear as he dipped his head to nuzzle her neck.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, let me go!" Sue Ellen protested.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No," JR growled against her skin. "I've been taking it easy on you, Miss Texas. I want you, I want you to come to me. I've been patient, darlin'. But we both know," he brought his hand down to stroke her bottom, "I could have you whenever I wanted. I could take the choice out of your hands, Miss Texas."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR…" Sue Ellen moaned when he captured her sensitive earlobe with his mouth and sucked gently.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is that what you want, darlin'? Do you want me to seduce you? Make it impossible for you to say no to me?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, please!" Sue Ellen cried out.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR realized suddenly that her voice was full of panic, not passion. He let go quickly and moved away from her. "What is it, honey?" His voice was soft and gentle. "You know I'd never hurt you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Never hurt me?" Sue Ellen was incredulous. "JR, sometimes I think you LIVE to hurt me! Please! If you EVER loved me, even just a little bit, please just stay away from me and give me my divorce!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned and ran out of the room before giving JR the satisfaction of seeing her tears. JR stood in stunned silence as he watched her flee.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I'm tellin' you, Bob, I'm really worried about her!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, Sue Ellen is under a lot of pressure right now. She's been cooped up in this house with the boys for days. That's enough to drive anyone to distraction. Add to that there's some crazy woman taking shots and the house, it would wear down anyone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe," JR sighed. "I hope that's all it is."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good evening, boys," Miss Ellie greeted her sons as she and Clayton entered the living room. "Any news about Katherine today?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Nothing new, Mama," Bobby told her. "The police haven't been able to pick up her trail."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, something had better happen soon," Miss Ellie sighed as she took the drink Clayton had fixed her. "We can't stay locked in the house forever."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Amen to that," Clayton said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good evening, everyone," Sue Ellen smiled, gliding into the room.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You look lovely, Sue Ellen!" Miss Ellie gushed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled, "just because I can't go out doesn't mean I can't dress up. And I have a surprise for everyone. Come on in Lucy!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Lucy," Bobby sucked in a deep breath, "you're positively gorgeous!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You think so?" Lucy asked shyly. "Sue Ellen did my hair and makeup."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She did a fantastic job!" Clayton praised. "Ellie, you should let Sue Ellen give you a makeover!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Are you saying I need one, Clayton?" Miss Ellie asked sharply.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, now….you know that's not what I meant…." Clayton stuttered, then burst out laughing when he saw the twinkle of amusement in Ellie's eyes.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Miss Ellie let out a deep laugh. "Call the boys down," she told Bobby, "we'll go on with dinner."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR moved close to Sue Ellen and whispered in her ear, "You do look breathtaking, Miss Texas. Reminding what I'm losing again?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh...no JR," Sue Ellen stopped walking and turned to look at him, "we've been so bored and I just thought fixing myself and Lucy up would be fun. Honestly, there was no ulterior motive."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR reached for her hand and brought it up to his mouth for a quick, chaste kiss. "I was teasing you, Sue Ellen," he told her softly. "But you are stunning tonight."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you, JR," she said breathlessly.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He dropped her hand and offered her his arm. "May I have the honor of escorting you to dinner, Mrs. Ewing?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned away from him and dropped her eyes to the floor. "No, thank you, JR. I can find my own way."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I just don't understand how someone can disappear into thin air," Ellie mused. "If Katherine chartered a plane, surely there has to be a record of it landing somewhere!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You can cover up anything if you throw enough money at it," JR shrugged.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You would know, JR," Lucy cut in.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Lucy, why don't you…" JR stopped in mid sentence when he saw the pleading look on Sue Ellen's face.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why don't I what, JR?" Lucy challenged.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why don't you make yourself a drink and enjoy the evening?" JR finished. He was rewarded with a genuine smile from his wife.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"This is nice," Miss Ellie smiled. "Having most of the family here together sitting around after dinner enjoying each other's company for a change. I wish it could always be peaceful like this."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Excuse me, Miss Sue Ellen," Teresa appeared from the foyer, "there's a phone call for you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you Teresa," Sue Ellen said, standing "excuse me for just a minute."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hey, JR," Lucy shot her uncle a mischievous look, "if you talked to any divorce lawyers today, you might want to guard your shins."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR couldn't help but burst out laughing, the rest of the family joined in, surprised JR was taking Lucy's ribbing with such good humor.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh my God!" Sue Ellen screamed from the foyer. "Who is this?!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR and Bobby ran out of the living room just in time to see Sue Ellen drop the phone and go running up the stairs.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Christopher!" she yelled, "John Ross!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What the hell?" JR went tearing up the stairs behind her. "Sue Ellen!" he grabbed her from behind and stopped her on the landing.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's the boys, JR!," Sue Ellen cried out, "there's something wrong with our boys!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I've already told you everything I can remember!" Sue Ellen cried, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. "The woman on the phone asked me if I knew where my boys were. When I said they were upstairs she laughed and said they were gone!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And you're sure you didn't recognize the voice?" McSween asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen shook her head and blew her nose."No," she answered. "It didn't sound familiar to me at all."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Well, whoever it was obviously wanted to give you a good scare, and she succeeded. I just need to go over a few more things with you…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please, no," Sue Ellen sobbed, "I've told you everything and I just want to go upstairs and be with the boys!" Sue Ellen lifted her eyes to lock gazes with her husband, "JR, please…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's enough for tonight, Harry," JR broke in.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But, JR…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No buts, Harry. Sue Ellen needs to rest."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright," McSween said reluctantly, closing his notebook.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Lucy," JR waved his niece over, "will you take Sue Ellen upstairs and help get her and the boys settled?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sure, JR," Lucy held her hand out to her Aunt and helped her off the couch.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR waited for them to get out of earshot then turned his full attention on McSween, "This is out of control. I won't have my wife terrorized in our home. You need to get off your ass and find out who made that phone call and why."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We'll pull the phone records to try to find the who, but the why is already pretty obvious," McSween said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"How so?" Bobby spoke up for the first time.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The caller specifically asked to speak to Sue Ellen. If the goal had been to spook all of you, she would have spoken to anyone."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So, whoever this woman is, she specifically targeted Sue Ellen and it seems pretty personal."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Personal how?" JR prodded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Calling a mother, telling her that her children have been taken and are in danger even though both boys were safe and sound upstairs, that's personal JR. I'm starting to reevaluate my opinion as to this psychopath's motive. I'm not sure the target was ever Christopher; I think he was just a way to get to Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"My, God," Ray breathed out. "You know, that makes sense - more sense than the Katherine Wentworth theory."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Wentworth is still a suspect," McSween said, "her whereabouts are still unknown…. but I admit if she were going to terrorize a parent, she'd more likely than not choose Bobby, not Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So, whoever is behind all this, you're telling me they're after my wife?" JR demanded.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sorry to say, JR, but it sure looks that way right now," McSween shrugged. "We're going to need to go back through that list of names you gave me and focus on the ones who have reason to be holding a grudge against Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR nodded, "first thing in the morning, Harry."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright. We're putting a trap on your phone in case she calls back. My men will be here, and I'll be around if you need me."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thanks, Harry," Ray said,"let me walk you to the door."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR," Bobby said, his voice hard and angry, "if it turns out that all this is because of some tawdry affair or some smarmy business deal of yours, I'll beat you within an inch of your life."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR said nothing, choosing to ignore his brother's warning. He walked to the bar and fixed himself a stiff drink. This was a nightmare. He had no idea why it was happening, but he silently vowed to himself that he'd figure out a way to put a stop to it and make sure his family was safe.</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 212161, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 9 "Ha!" John Ross shouted with glee! "You landed on Park Place and I have a hotel there!" "Well, that wipes me out," Lucy laughed. "Bankrupt!" "I win again!" John Ross gloated. "Want to play another game?" "Oh no, John Ross," Sue Ellen laughed. "You've already beaten us at Monopoly twice. That's quite enough for one day." "Yeah," Christopher piped up, "I want to play something else." "No more playing," Sue Ellen told them. "It's time for two little Boys I know to go get cleaned up for dinner." "Aw, Mama…" John Ross started to protest. "Now, John Ross," Sue Ellen said sternly. "Come on Christopher," John Ross sighed unhappily. "Let's go." Sue Ellen watched as the boys retreated from the play room. She knew they were going stir crazy; they all were. John Ross seemed to be having a particularly hard time being cooped up in the house. He was starting to get sullen and demanding. "You okay, Sue Ellen?" Sue Ellen turned to look at her niece. "Just fine, Lucy," she answered. "I was just thinking about how much John Ross is like his father. It scares me sometimes." "Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about it," Lucy smiled. "He plays a mean game of Monopoly and gets snippy sometimes, but he has enough of his mother in him to balance out the JR." "I hope so, Lucy," Sue Ellen said, bending to put away the game. "Evenin' ladies." Sue Ellen felt her entire body go stiff at the sound of JR's voice. "Well, if it isn't my third favorite uncle!" Lucy exclaimed brightly. "Have a good day raping and pillaging?" Sue Ellen burst out laughing in spite of herself. "Very funny, Lucy," JR growled. "Would you mind giving me a minute alone with my wife?" Lucy hesitated and glanced at Sue Ellen. Sue Ellen nodded her head and Lucy shrugged her shoulders. "Sure, JR," she said snidely. "You just give out a squeal for help if she beats you up again." JR rolled his eyes but said nothing as he watched Lucy practically skip out of the room. "What is it JR?" JR turned his full attention on his wife. "I had a meeting with Harv Smithfield today," he informed her. "He said your lawyer informed him that your stock in Weststar is off the table." "Yes." "He also said you declined alimony and your share of my assets." "Yes," Sue Ellen said again. "Well, now Sue Ellen, I want you to have everything you're entitled to." "I don't need your money, JR. You forget I'm a very wealthy woman on my own." "No, I haven't forgotten, Miss Texas," JR lowered his voice. "You managed to parlay that first divorce settlement into quite a fortune." Sue Ellen took a deep breath. She wouldn't let him bait her. "Yes, I did." JR sighed and moved closer to her. "I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Yours, mine, ours - John Ross'll end up with it all eventually." "Exactly, JR," Sue Ellen agreed. "So there's no reason for you not to sign the papers." "I can think of a few reasons," JR grumbled. "One of which is I need that Weststar stock, Sue Ellen. I can't have you holding it over my head for the rest of our lives." "You know what your problem is, JR? You judge everyone else's character by the quality of your own." "What's that supposed to mean, Sue Ellen?" "It means that just because you would use the leverage of the Weststar stock as a weapon, that doesn't mean I will." "Oh, come off it, Miss Texas!" JR mocked her. "The only reason you even have that stock is because you wanted to use it to destroy me." "But I couldn't go through with it, could I JR? And that's what makes us different. I have a conscience." "Sue Ellen," JR sighed, "I'm not trying to cheat you. I'll pay you more than fair market value for those shares. You aren't interested in the oil business. The only reason you could have to want to hang on to those shares is to spite me. I don't want to fight you, darlin', but I will if you force my hand." "I'm not going to sleep with you," Sue Ellen said, out of the blue. JR's eyebrows shot up with surprise. "I don't recall inviting you too, at least not recently." "I'm just making sure we're clear about it, JR." "Sue Ellen, I haven't been near you since the night someone broke into the house. Sexy as you are, I can manage to control my urges. Besides, I have other things on my mind." "Other things?" Sue Ellen repeated icily, "or other women?" JR's face darkened, "I told you there isn't anyone else, but what difference would it make if there was? You don't want to share my bed, so why should you care who else climbs into it?" "I don't care, JR," Sue Ellen breathed out. JR reached out and snatched her arm, jerking her roughly against his body, "Liar," he whispered in her ear as he dipped his head to nuzzle her neck. "JR, let me go!" Sue Ellen protested. "No," JR growled against her skin. "I've been taking it easy on you, Miss Texas. I want you, I want you to come to me. I've been patient, darlin'. But we both know," he brought his hand down to stroke her bottom, "I could have you whenever I wanted. I could take the choice out of your hands, Miss Texas." "JR…" Sue Ellen moaned when he captured her sensitive earlobe with his mouth and sucked gently. "Is that what you want, darlin'? Do you want me to seduce you? Make it impossible for you to say no to me?" "JR, please!" Sue Ellen cried out. JR realized suddenly that her voice was full of panic, not passion. He let go quickly and moved away from her. "What is it, honey?" His voice was soft and gentle. "You know I'd never hurt you." "Never hurt me?" Sue Ellen was incredulous. "JR, sometimes I think you LIVE to hurt me! Please! If you EVER loved me, even just a little bit, please just stay away from me and give me my divorce!" Sue Ellen turned and ran out of the room before giving JR the satisfaction of seeing her tears. JR stood in stunned silence as he watched her flee. *** "I'm tellin' you, Bob, I'm really worried about her!" "JR, Sue Ellen is under a lot of pressure right now. She's been cooped up in this house with the boys for days. That's enough to drive anyone to distraction. Add to that there's some crazy woman taking shots and the house, it would wear down anyone." "Maybe," JR sighed. "I hope that's all it is." "Good evening, boys," Miss Ellie greeted her sons as she and Clayton entered the living room. "Any news about Katherine today?" "Nothing new, Mama," Bobby told her. "The police haven't been able to pick up her trail." "Well, something had better happen soon," Miss Ellie sighed as she took the drink Clayton had fixed her. "We can't stay locked in the house forever." "Amen to that," Clayton said. "Good evening, everyone," Sue Ellen smiled, gliding into the room. "You look lovely, Sue Ellen!" Miss Ellie gushed. "Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled, "just because I can't go out doesn't mean I can't dress up. And I have a surprise for everyone. Come on in Lucy!" "Lucy," Bobby sucked in a deep breath, "you're positively gorgeous!" "You think so?" Lucy asked shyly. "Sue Ellen did my hair and makeup." "She did a fantastic job!" Clayton praised. "Ellie, you should let Sue Ellen give you a makeover!" "Are you saying I need one, Clayton?" Miss Ellie asked sharply. "Oh, now….you know that's not what I meant…." Clayton stuttered, then burst out laughing when he saw the twinkle of amusement in Ellie's eyes. Miss Ellie let out a deep laugh. "Call the boys down," she told Bobby, "we'll go on with dinner." JR moved close to Sue Ellen and whispered in her ear, "You do look breathtaking, Miss Texas. Reminding what I'm losing again?" "Oh...no JR," Sue Ellen stopped walking and turned to look at him, "we've been so bored and I just thought fixing myself and Lucy up would be fun. Honestly, there was no ulterior motive." JR reached for her hand and brought it up to his mouth for a quick, chaste kiss. "I was teasing you, Sue Ellen," he told her softly. "But you are stunning tonight." "Thank you, JR," she said breathlessly. He dropped her hand and offered her his arm. "May I have the honor of escorting you to dinner, Mrs. Ewing?" Sue Ellen turned away from him and dropped her eyes to the floor. "No, thank you, JR. I can find my own way." *** "I just don't understand how someone can disappear into thin air," Ellie mused. "If Katherine chartered a plane, surely there has to be a record of it landing somewhere!" "You can cover up anything if you throw enough money at it," JR shrugged. "You would know, JR," Lucy cut in. "Lucy, why don't you…" JR stopped in mid sentence when he saw the pleading look on Sue Ellen's face. "Why don't I what, JR?" Lucy challenged. "Why don't you make yourself a drink and enjoy the evening?" JR finished. He was rewarded with a genuine smile from his wife. "This is nice," Miss Ellie smiled. "Having most of the family here together sitting around after dinner enjoying each other's company for a change. I wish it could always be peaceful like this." "Excuse me, Miss Sue Ellen," Teresa appeared from the foyer, "there's a phone call for you." "Thank you Teresa," Sue Ellen said, standing "excuse me for just a minute." "Hey, JR," Lucy shot her uncle a mischievous look, "if you talked to any divorce lawyers today, you might want to guard your shins." JR couldn't help but burst out laughing, the rest of the family joined in, surprised JR was taking Lucy's ribbing with such good humor. "Oh my God!" Sue Ellen screamed from the foyer. "Who is this?!" JR and Bobby ran out of the living room just in time to see Sue Ellen drop the phone and go running up the stairs. "Christopher!" she yelled, "John Ross!" "What the hell?" JR went tearing up the stairs behind her. "Sue Ellen!" he grabbed her from behind and stopped her on the landing. "It's the boys, JR!," Sue Ellen cried out, "there's something wrong with our boys!" *** "I've already told you everything I can remember!" Sue Ellen cried, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. "The woman on the phone asked me if I knew where my boys were. When I said they were upstairs she laughed and said they were gone!" "And you're sure you didn't recognize the voice?" McSween asked. Sue Ellen shook her head and blew her nose."No," she answered. "It didn't sound familiar to me at all." "Well, whoever it was obviously wanted to give you a good scare, and she succeeded. I just need to go over a few more things with you…" "Please, no," Sue Ellen sobbed, "I've told you everything and I just want to go upstairs and be with the boys!" Sue Ellen lifted her eyes to lock gazes with her husband, "JR, please…" "That's enough for tonight, Harry," JR broke in. "But, JR…" "No buts, Harry. Sue Ellen needs to rest." "Alright," McSween said reluctantly, closing his notebook. "Lucy," JR waved his niece over, "will you take Sue Ellen upstairs and help get her and the boys settled?" "Sure, JR," Lucy held her hand out to her Aunt and helped her off the couch. JR waited for them to get out of earshot then turned his full attention on McSween, "This is out of control. I won't have my wife terrorized in our home. You need to get off your ass and find out who made that phone call and why." "We'll pull the phone records to try to find the who, but the why is already pretty obvious," McSween said. "How so?" Bobby spoke up for the first time. "The caller specifically asked to speak to Sue Ellen. If the goal had been to spook all of you, she would have spoken to anyone." "So?" Bobby asked. "So, whoever this woman is, she specifically targeted Sue Ellen and it seems pretty personal." "Personal how?" JR prodded. "Calling a mother, telling her that her children have been taken and are in danger even though both boys were safe and sound upstairs, that's personal JR. I'm starting to reevaluate my opinion as to this psychopath's motive. I'm not sure the target was ever Christopher; I think he was just a way to get to Sue Ellen." "My, God," Ray breathed out. "You know, that makes sense - more sense than the Katherine Wentworth theory." "Wentworth is still a suspect," McSween said, "her whereabouts are still unknown…. but I admit if she were going to terrorize a parent, she'd more likely than not choose Bobby, not Sue Ellen." "So, whoever is behind all this, you're telling me they're after my wife?" JR demanded. "Sorry to say, JR, but it sure looks that way right now," McSween shrugged. "We're going to need to go back through that list of names you gave me and focus on the ones who have reason to be holding a grudge against Sue Ellen." JR nodded, "first thing in the morning, Harry." "Alright. We're putting a trap on your phone in case she calls back. My men will be here, and I'll be around if you need me." "Thanks, Harry," Ray said,"let me walk you to the door." "JR," Bobby said, his voice hard and angry, "if it turns out that all this is because of some tawdry affair or some smarmy business deal of yours, I'll beat you within an inch of your life." JR said nothing, choosing to ignore his brother's warning. He walked to the bar and fixed himself a stiff drink. This was a nightmare. He had no idea why it was happening, but he silently vowed to himself that he'd figure out a way to put a stop to it and make sure his family was safe. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top