Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CeeCee72" data-source="post: 211959" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended..</p><p></p><p></p><p>This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO?</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>What If</p><p></p><p></p><p>Part 7</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen!" Lucy protested, watching her aunt pull clothes out of the closet and fling them into an open suitcase on the bed, "you can't leave now!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh, no?" Sue Ellen snarled, "just watch me!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But, Sue Ellen, think about Christopher!" Lucy begged. "He needs you!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"He has his father and his uncles and Miss Ellie. He'll be fine."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"No he won't!" Lucy stomped her foot. "I am SO SICK of you and JR blowing through this house like tornadoes, tearing apart everyone else's lives because all either of you care about is getting to each other!" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Lucy, you have no idea what you're talking about!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't I?" Lucy narrowed her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "Today I overheard a conversation between John Ross and Christopher. John Ross promised him that he'd share you until Christopher's mom came home. Those boys both needed a mother today, Sue Ellen, but instead they got me, because you were out lounging by the pool! Now look at you. Okay, so JR did something crappy to you and now you want to make him suffer. Never even occurred to you how you leaving will affect John Ross. Do you EVER think about him, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Of course I do!" Sue Ellen defended. "I always try to do what's best for John Ross!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You mean like when you had a nasty little affair with his counselor? Or when you drank yourself into an oblivion and wrecked JR's car? Or when you kicked his father out of the house?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen stopped packing and turned her full attention on Lucy. "You really have a low opinion of me, don't you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy shrugged. "I lost Micky because of you. And I was really starting to like Peter before I found out he was sleeping with you. Truthfully, there are times I hate you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Lucy…"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"But most of the time I just feel sorry for you. I can't imagine how awful it must be to love someone so much that you'd give up your pride and dignity just to get his attention."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Please," Sue Ellen whispered, unable to bear hearing any more.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, I think you are a really decent woman who loves a very indecent man. I can't do anything to help you with that. But I CAN try to make you see that for ONCE in your life, everything can't be about JR! Just this once, let it be about those two little boys who so desperately need you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, Lucy," tears were streaming down Sue Ellen's face, streaking her makeup and leaving a trail of mascara under her eyes, "you've made your point."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So you'll stay?" Lucy asked hopefully.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen breathed out. "I'll stay for the boys."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Whew," Lucy sighed with relief. "I'm glad."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and walked over to her vanity, grabbed a handful of tissue and wiped angrily at her face. Lucy walked up behind her and put a hand lightly on her shoulder.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I don't know what JR did to you this time, but I'm really sorry he hurt you again."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen covered her face with her hands and sobbed violently. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"It'll be okay, Sue Ellen," Lucy patted her shoulder and let Sue Ellen lean against her and cry, "everything will be okay."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"So much for you and Sue Ellen living together in harmony," Bobby sighed.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He and JR were sitting in the kitchen drinking beer. JR was using an ice pack to help with the pain and swelling in his jaw where Sue Ellen had slugged him. "You'd never know it just by looking at her," JR laughed, "but my wife packs one hell of a punch."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, there's nothing funny about this," Bobby sighed. "Why can't you ever let Sue Ellen have any peace?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Now hold on, Bob," JR protested."I did my best to make up with her, but she made it clear she wasn't backing down from the divorce. I had to protect myself."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why couldn't you have just talked to her like a normal person, JR? Why not just tell her you wanted to amend the separation agreement so you could keep all the Weststar stock? Why let her find out in a phone call from her lawyer?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Believe me, Bob, if I had told her myself the consequences would have been a lot worse than a punch in the jaw and a kick in the shin."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"JR, I can't understand…" Bobby was interrupted by the phone ringing.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Bobby Ewing here," he said, picking up the line.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's McSween," Booby said, handing the phone to JR.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What do you have for me Harry?" JR was quiet as he listened for a few minutes. "You're sure? Okay, thanks Harry."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR hung the phone up and looked at his brother. "Katherine checked out of a suite in Munich four days ago. She cleaned out her bank account and there's some evidence she may have chartered a plane to the States."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You think it was her in the house last night, don't you?" Bobby asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Seems like she's the most obvious suspect, Bob," JR said, standing up and walking toward the door. "You'd better call Barnes," he said thoughtfully. "If that crazy woman is in the area, he better be on the lookout too."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Alright, Bobby, thanks, a lot."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff put the phone down and walked back to the couch.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Something wrong"? April asked, sipping her glass of wine.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Bobby thinks my crazy little sister is on the loose again," Cliff told her.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"The one who tried to kill him a few years ago?" April gasped.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Cliff sighed. "She shot him and tried to frame me for it. Bobby said they think someone broke into the house and threatened Christopher last night and they think maybe it was her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Oh my God, no wonder Sue Ellen cancelled lunch with me today!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yeah, Bobby said the whole family was pretty shook up," Cliff picked up his chopsticks and shoved some noodles into his mouth.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I wonder if I should call her?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Call who?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen! And please, Cliff don't talk with your mouth full!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Cliff laughed and washed down the noodles with a gulp of wine. "I wouldn't bother her tonight. Bobby said everyone was on edge. The two of you seem to be getting pretty friendly though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Don't worry, Cliff," April grinned, "I'm capable of having more than one friend at once. I won't let Sue Ellen take your place."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Ha!" Cliff laughed out loud. "Seriously though, I'm kinda surprised, given your former relationship with JR. Sue Ellen can be a very jealous woman."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Maybe she knows she doesn't have anything to be jealous of from me," April said. "Her and JR weren't even together when I was with him."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Let me tell you something, April. JR and Sue Ellen are ALWAYS together, even when they're not."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What is that supposed to mean?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It means don't let them catch you in their crossfire, April. I learned the hard way that those two only care about each other and they don't care how much they hurt anyone else around them."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Spoken like a scorned lover," April shrugged.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Just take it from me, April. JR and Sue Ellen live to fight, but they ALWAYS make up; and when they do, they leave a path of destruction around them a mile wide."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR sat up in bed and snatched his watched off the end table. He sighed when he saw it was only a few minutes past one. He felt like he'd been struggling to sleep for hours now.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He sighed heavily and got up. He figured he may as well check to make sure everything was okay and secure since he couldn't sleep.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He fastened his robe around himself tightly, put on his slippers, and crept out into the hallway. He went to Sue Ellen's door first, opening it silently.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Her bed was empty and was still made as if no one had slept there. JR felt dread like a punch in the gut. Had she left him? How had she gotten out of the house without him knowing? He closed his eyes and silently cursed himself. How could she have gotten away again? He took a deep breath and moved further into the room. He noticed her closet door was open. All her clothes were still hanging neatly in there. He glanced over at her vanity. Her brushes, makeup, and jewelry box were all right where they belonged. She wasn't in her bed, but she hadn't left the house at least.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He walked to the vanity, opened the jewelry box and ran his eyes over all the expensive baubles she had collected over the years. One piece in particular caught his eye. It was a simple, silver heart shaped locket John Ross had picked out and given her for Mother's Day a few years back. He picked it up and opened it. On the left was a picture of JR and John Ross. JR's raised his eyebrows with surprise as he looked at the picture on the right. It was Kristen, smiling wide and looking happy. </p><p></p><p></p><p>JR put the locket back where he'd found in and moved to the door. He shook his head slightly as he realized that as well as he knew Sue Ellen, she always managed to surprise him. She had deliberately wiped Kristen's memory from their lives, but she still kept her sister's picture in a heart shaped locket.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He walked down the hall and quietly opened the door to John Ross's room. The boys were both lying in sleeping bags on the floor, sound asleep. His eyes went to the bed and he smiled when he saw his wife curled up in a ball, sleeping like a baby.</p><p></p><p></p><p>He moved out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He turned to make his way down the steps and almost bumped into his niece.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Is Sue Ellen still in there?" Lucy asked. </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Yes, they're all asleep."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Glad somebody can sleep around here," Lucy said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I was just going down to get a drink," Jr told her. "You want one?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're offering me alcohol?" Lucy's mouth dropped open with surprise.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Hell, you're a grown woman, aren't you?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Took you long enough to notice that, Uncle JR," Lucy said sarcastically.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Do you want a drink or not?" JR snapped, turning and heading down the stairs without waiting for her to answer.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Lucy followed her uncle down the stairs and into the living room. She flopped down on the couch while JR went to the bar.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Bourbon and branch alright? he asked.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"That's fine," Lucy agreed, "heavy on the bourbon and.light on the branch though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR chuckled and handed her the glass. "Spoken like a true Ewing."</p><p></p><p></p><p>They were silent for a little while, both nursing their drinks. "Lucy," JR said finally, "do me a favor and stick close to the house for a couple of days."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why, JR?" Lucy asked. "If Pam's sister is the one causing all the problems, she won't be after me. I barely know her."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"We suspect it's Katherine Wentworth, but we don't know that for sure. Just humor me, Lucy. Stay close until we know it's safe."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Why Uncle JR!" Lucy giggled, "I didn't know you cared!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Knock it off, girl," JR growled. "This isn't funny. I won't feel safe until whoever broke in her is caught and in jail!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Okay, okay," Lucy gave in. "I'll stay home."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Thank you."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She was going to leave you tonight, you know," Lucy said, abruptly changing the subject.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What?" JR asked, confused.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen was going to leave you. She was packing a suitcase and everything. I talked her out of it though."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"And just how did you do that?" JR asked suspiciously.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I made her feel guilty about leaving John Ross and Christopher," Lucy shrugged. "See the thing is, Uncle JR, good people can be guilted into doing the right thing. Bad people...people like you for instance, they have no shame, so they have no guilt."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"You're wrong, Lucy. I have plenty of guilt."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Really?" Lucy asked doubtfully. "Is your guilt what's keeping you awake at night?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"It's none of your business, Lucy, and you…."</p><p></p><p></p><p>Three sudden loud bangs broke the quiet of the house.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"What the hell was that?" Lucy screamed, jumping off the couch and spilling her drink on the floor.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Get down and don't move," JR ordered running out of the room. "Bob!" JR screamed up the staircase, "Bob, the kids are in John Ross's room with Sue Ellen!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR heard footsteps running, shocked yelling, and doors slamming upstairs. "JR!" Clayton came running down the staircase with two pistols. He handed one to JR and said, "JR, we can't find Lucy!"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She's in the living room," JR told him. "Could you tell which way the shots came from?" </p><p></p><p></p><p>"Sounded like from the driveway," Clayton said.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"I thought so too. Is Mama alright?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>"She's with Sue Ellen and the boys. Bobby's up there too. They called the police."</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Good," JR said. "Ready?"</p><p></p><p></p><p>Clayton nodded, "As I'll ever be."</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR carefully entered the security code on the keypad and slowly opened the front door. He went out first, Clayton followed close behind him."See anyone?" JR whispered.</p><p></p><p></p><p>"Not a soul. Wait, JR, what's that?" Clayton asked, pointing to a.colorful heap on the ground.</p><p></p><p></p><p>JR walked over slowly and carefully picked it up. "It's a scarf," JR said grimly, "a woman's silk scarf."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CeeCee72, post: 211959, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.. This is a "What if?" fanfic. What if in the season eleven episode "Top Gun" Sue Ellen had changed her mind at the last possible moment and instead of teaming up with Kimberly and Wendell to beat JR she voted her Weststar shares to make him CEO? *** What If Part 7 "Sue Ellen!" Lucy protested, watching her aunt pull clothes out of the closet and fling them into an open suitcase on the bed, "you can't leave now!" "Oh, no?" Sue Ellen snarled, "just watch me!" "But, Sue Ellen, think about Christopher!" Lucy begged. "He needs you!" "He has his father and his uncles and Miss Ellie. He'll be fine." "No he won't!" Lucy stomped her foot. "I am SO SICK of you and JR blowing through this house like tornadoes, tearing apart everyone else's lives because all either of you care about is getting to each other!" "Lucy, you have no idea what you're talking about!" "Don't I?" Lucy narrowed her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "Today I overheard a conversation between John Ross and Christopher. John Ross promised him that he'd share you until Christopher's mom came home. Those boys both needed a mother today, Sue Ellen, but instead they got me, because you were out lounging by the pool! Now look at you. Okay, so JR did something crappy to you and now you want to make him suffer. Never even occurred to you how you leaving will affect John Ross. Do you EVER think about him, Sue Ellen?" "Of course I do!" Sue Ellen defended. "I always try to do what's best for John Ross!" "You mean like when you had a nasty little affair with his counselor? Or when you drank yourself into an oblivion and wrecked JR's car? Or when you kicked his father out of the house?" Sue Ellen stopped packing and turned her full attention on Lucy. "You really have a low opinion of me, don't you?" Lucy shrugged. "I lost Micky because of you. And I was really starting to like Peter before I found out he was sleeping with you. Truthfully, there are times I hate you, Sue Ellen." "Lucy…" "But most of the time I just feel sorry for you. I can't imagine how awful it must be to love someone so much that you'd give up your pride and dignity just to get his attention." "Please," Sue Ellen whispered, unable to bear hearing any more. "Sue Ellen, I think you are a really decent woman who loves a very indecent man. I can't do anything to help you with that. But I CAN try to make you see that for ONCE in your life, everything can't be about JR! Just this once, let it be about those two little boys who so desperately need you." "Alright, Lucy," tears were streaming down Sue Ellen's face, streaking her makeup and leaving a trail of mascara under her eyes, "you've made your point." "So you'll stay?" Lucy asked hopefully. "Yes," Sue Ellen breathed out. "I'll stay for the boys." "Whew," Lucy sighed with relief. "I'm glad." Sue Ellen nodded and walked over to her vanity, grabbed a handful of tissue and wiped angrily at her face. Lucy walked up behind her and put a hand lightly on her shoulder. "I don't know what JR did to you this time, but I'm really sorry he hurt you again." Sue Ellen covered her face with her hands and sobbed violently. "It'll be okay, Sue Ellen," Lucy patted her shoulder and let Sue Ellen lean against her and cry, "everything will be okay." *** "So much for you and Sue Ellen living together in harmony," Bobby sighed. He and JR were sitting in the kitchen drinking beer. JR was using an ice pack to help with the pain and swelling in his jaw where Sue Ellen had slugged him. "You'd never know it just by looking at her," JR laughed, "but my wife packs one hell of a punch." "JR, there's nothing funny about this," Bobby sighed. "Why can't you ever let Sue Ellen have any peace?" "Now hold on, Bob," JR protested."I did my best to make up with her, but she made it clear she wasn't backing down from the divorce. I had to protect myself." "Why couldn't you have just talked to her like a normal person, JR? Why not just tell her you wanted to amend the separation agreement so you could keep all the Weststar stock? Why let her find out in a phone call from her lawyer?" "Believe me, Bob, if I had told her myself the consequences would have been a lot worse than a punch in the jaw and a kick in the shin." "JR, I can't understand…" Bobby was interrupted by the phone ringing. "Bobby Ewing here," he said, picking up the line. "It's McSween," Booby said, handing the phone to JR. "What do you have for me Harry?" JR was quiet as he listened for a few minutes. "You're sure? Okay, thanks Harry." JR hung the phone up and looked at his brother. "Katherine checked out of a suite in Munich four days ago. She cleaned out her bank account and there's some evidence she may have chartered a plane to the States." "You think it was her in the house last night, don't you?" Bobby asked. "Seems like she's the most obvious suspect, Bob," JR said, standing up and walking toward the door. "You'd better call Barnes," he said thoughtfully. "If that crazy woman is in the area, he better be on the lookout too." *** "Alright, Bobby, thanks, a lot." Cliff put the phone down and walked back to the couch. "Something wrong"? April asked, sipping her glass of wine. "Bobby thinks my crazy little sister is on the loose again," Cliff told her. "The one who tried to kill him a few years ago?" April gasped. "Yeah," Cliff sighed. "She shot him and tried to frame me for it. Bobby said they think someone broke into the house and threatened Christopher last night and they think maybe it was her." "Oh my God, no wonder Sue Ellen cancelled lunch with me today!" "Yeah, Bobby said the whole family was pretty shook up," Cliff picked up his chopsticks and shoved some noodles into his mouth. "I wonder if I should call her?" "Call who?" "Sue Ellen! And please, Cliff don't talk with your mouth full!" Cliff laughed and washed down the noodles with a gulp of wine. "I wouldn't bother her tonight. Bobby said everyone was on edge. The two of you seem to be getting pretty friendly though." "Don't worry, Cliff," April grinned, "I'm capable of having more than one friend at once. I won't let Sue Ellen take your place." "Ha!" Cliff laughed out loud. "Seriously though, I'm kinda surprised, given your former relationship with JR. Sue Ellen can be a very jealous woman." "Maybe she knows she doesn't have anything to be jealous of from me," April said. "Her and JR weren't even together when I was with him." "Let me tell you something, April. JR and Sue Ellen are ALWAYS together, even when they're not." "What is that supposed to mean?" "It means don't let them catch you in their crossfire, April. I learned the hard way that those two only care about each other and they don't care how much they hurt anyone else around them." "Spoken like a scorned lover," April shrugged. "Just take it from me, April. JR and Sue Ellen live to fight, but they ALWAYS make up; and when they do, they leave a path of destruction around them a mile wide." *** JR sat up in bed and snatched his watched off the end table. He sighed when he saw it was only a few minutes past one. He felt like he'd been struggling to sleep for hours now. He sighed heavily and got up. He figured he may as well check to make sure everything was okay and secure since he couldn't sleep. He fastened his robe around himself tightly, put on his slippers, and crept out into the hallway. He went to Sue Ellen's door first, opening it silently. Her bed was empty and was still made as if no one had slept there. JR felt dread like a punch in the gut. Had she left him? How had she gotten out of the house without him knowing? He closed his eyes and silently cursed himself. How could she have gotten away again? He took a deep breath and moved further into the room. He noticed her closet door was open. All her clothes were still hanging neatly in there. He glanced over at her vanity. Her brushes, makeup, and jewelry box were all right where they belonged. She wasn't in her bed, but she hadn't left the house at least. He walked to the vanity, opened the jewelry box and ran his eyes over all the expensive baubles she had collected over the years. One piece in particular caught his eye. It was a simple, silver heart shaped locket John Ross had picked out and given her for Mother's Day a few years back. He picked it up and opened it. On the left was a picture of JR and John Ross. JR's raised his eyebrows with surprise as he looked at the picture on the right. It was Kristen, smiling wide and looking happy. JR put the locket back where he'd found in and moved to the door. He shook his head slightly as he realized that as well as he knew Sue Ellen, she always managed to surprise him. She had deliberately wiped Kristen's memory from their lives, but she still kept her sister's picture in a heart shaped locket. He walked down the hall and quietly opened the door to John Ross's room. The boys were both lying in sleeping bags on the floor, sound asleep. His eyes went to the bed and he smiled when he saw his wife curled up in a ball, sleeping like a baby. He moved out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He turned to make his way down the steps and almost bumped into his niece. "Is Sue Ellen still in there?" Lucy asked. "Yes, they're all asleep." "Glad somebody can sleep around here," Lucy said. "I was just going down to get a drink," Jr told her. "You want one?" "You're offering me alcohol?" Lucy's mouth dropped open with surprise. "Hell, you're a grown woman, aren't you?" "Took you long enough to notice that, Uncle JR," Lucy said sarcastically. "Do you want a drink or not?" JR snapped, turning and heading down the stairs without waiting for her to answer. Lucy followed her uncle down the stairs and into the living room. She flopped down on the couch while JR went to the bar. "Bourbon and branch alright? he asked. "That's fine," Lucy agreed, "heavy on the bourbon and.light on the branch though." JR chuckled and handed her the glass. "Spoken like a true Ewing." They were silent for a little while, both nursing their drinks. "Lucy," JR said finally, "do me a favor and stick close to the house for a couple of days." "Why, JR?" Lucy asked. "If Pam's sister is the one causing all the problems, she won't be after me. I barely know her." "We suspect it's Katherine Wentworth, but we don't know that for sure. Just humor me, Lucy. Stay close until we know it's safe." "Why Uncle JR!" Lucy giggled, "I didn't know you cared!" "Knock it off, girl," JR growled. "This isn't funny. I won't feel safe until whoever broke in her is caught and in jail!" "Okay, okay," Lucy gave in. "I'll stay home." "Thank you." "She was going to leave you tonight, you know," Lucy said, abruptly changing the subject. "What?" JR asked, confused. "Sue Ellen was going to leave you. She was packing a suitcase and everything. I talked her out of it though." "And just how did you do that?" JR asked suspiciously. "I made her feel guilty about leaving John Ross and Christopher," Lucy shrugged. "See the thing is, Uncle JR, good people can be guilted into doing the right thing. Bad people...people like you for instance, they have no shame, so they have no guilt." "You're wrong, Lucy. I have plenty of guilt." "Really?" Lucy asked doubtfully. "Is your guilt what's keeping you awake at night?" "It's none of your business, Lucy, and you…." Three sudden loud bangs broke the quiet of the house. "What the hell was that?" Lucy screamed, jumping off the couch and spilling her drink on the floor. "Get down and don't move," JR ordered running out of the room. "Bob!" JR screamed up the staircase, "Bob, the kids are in John Ross's room with Sue Ellen!" JR heard footsteps running, shocked yelling, and doors slamming upstairs. "JR!" Clayton came running down the staircase with two pistols. He handed one to JR and said, "JR, we can't find Lucy!" "She's in the living room," JR told him. "Could you tell which way the shots came from?" "Sounded like from the driveway," Clayton said. "I thought so too. Is Mama alright?" "She's with Sue Ellen and the boys. Bobby's up there too. They called the police." "Good," JR said. "Ready?" Clayton nodded, "As I'll ever be." JR carefully entered the security code on the keypad and slowly opened the front door. He went out first, Clayton followed close behind him."See anyone?" JR whispered. "Not a soul. Wait, JR, what's that?" Clayton asked, pointing to a.colorful heap on the ground. JR walked over slowly and carefully picked it up. "It's a scarf," JR said grimly, "a woman's silk scarf." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
What If
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top