Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 437918" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Portia is approaching or has crossed into her second trimester. Unless Jordan has been pregnant a LONG time already, I don't think the babies will arrive close enough for a baby switch. But hey, if they go that route, I could see Portia being the baby-switcher if her baby were to die like with the Jonah/Wiley switch with Nelle. None of the other three really have the acting chops to pull it off. One of the babies will likely not make it, that I'm pretty sure of.</p><p></p><p>Hitting us over the head with that one, aren't they? Giving the girl a name like Delilah reminds the viewer of the Dawn of Day cult, the home of "unconventional" names like Shiloh, Harmony, Willow....but it also allows them to use Lila's name (again---there's already Skye's daughter Lila Rae Alcazar).</p><p></p><p>I keep telling myself (mantra-style) that they are keeping Maxie and Nathan from reuniting because they're planning something shocking and potentially horrible for Nathan. Keeping Maxie from re-developing her feelings for him will ultimately keep her from having her heart broken again when he <em>leaves</em>.</p><p></p><p>I feel like this entire Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli/Lulu "thing" is a fiasco mainly because of the actors' scheduling. Everything got tossed around by KS's leave of absence and brain surgery. Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) is recurring and isn't available a lot of the time. RP signed a short-term contract but was left in limbo when KS wasn't able to return in November as planned, leading them to write the Lulu dalliance to give both of them something to do. The show saves a lot of money by allowing so many actors to have recurring status rather than signing them to traditional contracts, but it makes the writers' jobs so much harder because their stories hinge on whether the producers can get the actors to show up to act out the material.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 437918, member: 27"] Portia is approaching or has crossed into her second trimester. Unless Jordan has been pregnant a LONG time already, I don't think the babies will arrive close enough for a baby switch. But hey, if they go that route, I could see Portia being the baby-switcher if her baby were to die like with the Jonah/Wiley switch with Nelle. None of the other three really have the acting chops to pull it off. One of the babies will likely not make it, that I'm pretty sure of. Hitting us over the head with that one, aren't they? Giving the girl a name like Delilah reminds the viewer of the Dawn of Day cult, the home of "unconventional" names like Shiloh, Harmony, Willow....but it also allows them to use Lila's name (again---there's already Skye's daughter Lila Rae Alcazar). I keep telling myself (mantra-style) that they are keeping Maxie and Nathan from reuniting because they're planning something shocking and potentially horrible for Nathan. Keeping Maxie from re-developing her feelings for him will ultimately keep her from having her heart broken again when he [I]leaves[/I]. I feel like this entire Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli/Lulu "thing" is a fiasco mainly because of the actors' scheduling. Everything got tossed around by KS's leave of absence and brain surgery. Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) is recurring and isn't available a lot of the time. RP signed a short-term contract but was left in limbo when KS wasn't able to return in November as planned, leading them to write the Lulu dalliance to give both of them something to do. The show saves a lot of money by allowing so many actors to have recurring status rather than signing them to traditional contracts, but it makes the writers' jobs so much harder because their stories hinge on whether the producers can get the actors to show up to act out the material. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top