Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 431015" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>My OLTL viewing was only about 2008-2012, so I didn't see her whole run. Viki, in the later years, was open, approachable and sensible, but she was also old-money wealthy, an heiress with a tendency to speak in a haughty way when she was offended or angry. Fans pointed out she would often say "aTall" instead of "at all" (as in "That's not true aTall!") Viki was supposed to be part of that old-money "Main Line" families of the Philadelphia area, so it was true to the character. The only major difference I've seen so far is that Ronnie isn't as "polished" as Viki--that is, she wears comfortable clothing/shoes and her hair sometimes looks like she ought to run a comb through it. Her personality isn't far enough away from Viki to make any difference, though. This is not to say she doesn't have range---I think Frank V wisely decided to make this feel like "a visit from Viki" even if she's not really Viki and doing a different storyline. I'll bet the most recent scene (with "drunk Ronnie" mouthing off at Tracy) was done for contrast, since I don't recall well-mannered Viki ever doing something as "casual" as kicking off her shoes and putting her feet up on a coffee table.</p><p></p><p></p><p>It wasn't until later that I discovered this was a last-minute rewrite. Rick Hearst's mother died so they came up with his kidnapping situation to explain his absence. I still hated it, but I had a bit more understanding for the writers once I found out why it had to happen. Since he 'disappeared' on client Willow, she is now in need of an attorney. I'll bet Ava's divorce settlement that Drew drafts Alexis into representing Willow, promising her access to Scout if she will take the case.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 431015, member: 27"] My OLTL viewing was only about 2008-2012, so I didn't see her whole run. Viki, in the later years, was open, approachable and sensible, but she was also old-money wealthy, an heiress with a tendency to speak in a haughty way when she was offended or angry. Fans pointed out she would often say "aTall" instead of "at all" (as in "That's not true aTall!") Viki was supposed to be part of that old-money "Main Line" families of the Philadelphia area, so it was true to the character. The only major difference I've seen so far is that Ronnie isn't as "polished" as Viki--that is, she wears comfortable clothing/shoes and her hair sometimes looks like she ought to run a comb through it. Her personality isn't far enough away from Viki to make any difference, though. This is not to say she doesn't have range---I think Frank V wisely decided to make this feel like "a visit from Viki" even if she's not really Viki and doing a different storyline. I'll bet the most recent scene (with "drunk Ronnie" mouthing off at Tracy) was done for contrast, since I don't recall well-mannered Viki ever doing something as "casual" as kicking off her shoes and putting her feet up on a coffee table. It wasn't until later that I discovered this was a last-minute rewrite. Rick Hearst's mother died so they came up with his kidnapping situation to explain his absence. I still hated it, but I had a bit more understanding for the writers once I found out why it had to happen. Since he 'disappeared' on client Willow, she is now in need of an attorney. I'll bet Ava's divorce settlement that Drew drafts Alexis into representing Willow, promising her access to Scout if she will take the case. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top