Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Bobby Southworth" data-source="post: 438825" data-attributes="member: 4960"><p>To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Laverne & Shirley. It can be ok, but for me, it was just a little too silly and contrived, like most Miller/Boyett productions. Actors with real talent, and shows where the premise was setup perfectly and promisingly, totally butchered and watered down by Miller-Boyett's assembly line of kid friendly slop. I'm sorry.. I know there were still good moments, but they really knew how to ruin a show with potential.</p><p></p><p>Oddly enough, I've always had somewhat of a soft spot for the last season with just Penny. I don't think every episode was good, but it gave her a chance to really shine, and her reactions to all the craziness around her, and the situations she somehow found herself in were gold. I really appreciated Penny Marshall's personality in real life, too. The "I just don't give a crap", sarcastic attitude, and her delivery.</p><p></p><p>There was an episode that last season where Laverne walks into a friend's apartment, and if I'm remembering correctly, he might have already been depressed or something, and she tosses a ball for his dog to catch, and the ball goes over the balcony, and the dog jumps right over the balcony after it. I literally laughed out loud, and the fact that this scene comes to mind so many years after I saw it says something. You find out the dog is ok because I think he's on the 1st floor or something like that, but as the audience, we didn't know at first. LOL. This kinda writing was top notch, and it's too bad Miller/Boyett didn't have more of it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Bobby Southworth, post: 438825, member: 4960"] To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Laverne & Shirley. It can be ok, but for me, it was just a little too silly and contrived, like most Miller/Boyett productions. Actors with real talent, and shows where the premise was setup perfectly and promisingly, totally butchered and watered down by Miller-Boyett's assembly line of kid friendly slop. I'm sorry.. I know there were still good moments, but they really knew how to ruin a show with potential. Oddly enough, I've always had somewhat of a soft spot for the last season with just Penny. I don't think every episode was good, but it gave her a chance to really shine, and her reactions to all the craziness around her, and the situations she somehow found herself in were gold. I really appreciated Penny Marshall's personality in real life, too. The "I just don't give a crap", sarcastic attitude, and her delivery. There was an episode that last season where Laverne walks into a friend's apartment, and if I'm remembering correctly, he might have already been depressed or something, and she tosses a ball for his dog to catch, and the ball goes over the balcony, and the dog jumps right over the balcony after it. I literally laughed out loud, and the fact that this scene comes to mind so many years after I saw it says something. You find out the dog is ok because I think he's on the 1st floor or something like that, but as the audience, we didn't know at first. LOL. This kinda writing was top notch, and it's too bad Miller/Boyett didn't have more of it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top