Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 438781" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>Priscilla Barnes was honestly a strong addition to the cast, at least initially. But, as previously stated, Barnes herself felt so overwhelmed by the swarm of publicity she received by getting the THREE'S COMPANY job that it ended up hindering her. To top it off, she apparently went to the producers and asked for a release from her contract, but they were determined to hold her to her three-year deal. They were perfectly fine with sidelining her for those final three seasons, though. Priscilla as Terri could be funny, but I just don't see her as funny as the earlier blonde roommates. Which, to be fair, that might not be Priscilla's fault, but the continuous decline in the show itself. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I'm divided here. I thought Jenilee Harrison was very pretty and brought a young freshness to the show that could be humorous and, when executed right, quite funny. The problem was Jenilee was very young (perhaps too young for the show), and the writers and the producers never saw her as a permanent replacement. Jenilee was merely recruited to finish out Season 5. The producers were pretty obvious that they just wanted a "replacement character" that could help use up some of the scripts they had already written for Suzanne as Chrissy, which was both a cost-saving and time-saving decision. Indeed, if memory serves, some scripts merely crossed out "Chrissy" and penned in "Cindy" and called it a day. </p><p></p><p>I will say, though, that Cindy worked very well in a secondary character compacity. It must've been awkward for Jenilee and Priscilla, too. The replacement working with the one she's replacing... and then Cindy's just gone after Janet's mean to her in the episode where Janet decides blondes do really have more fun when she wears a wig. Anyway, poor Jenilee got a sour deal, I'd say, but she wasn't bitter. She ended up on DALLAS, and seems to have been fulfilled outside of show business, too. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Early Suzanne was best. Still, the show was never quite the same without her. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I've never seen SHE'S THE SHERIFF, and based on the reviews, I don't think I've missed very much. Suzanne was supposed to go into THE SUZANNE SOMERS SHOW on CBS when she walked out on THREE'S COMPANY, but that never bore fruition. ABC caught wind of the emerging sitcom over on their rival network, CBS, and threatened to sue if Suzanne's new TV character resembled "Chrissy Snow" in any way. So, CBS bucked under the pressure and eventually scrapped their deal with Suzanne. </p><p></p><p>Much like Farrah when she left CHARLIE'S ANGELS, Suzanne upset the wrong people when she decided to overplay her hand and leave THREE'S COMPANY. Her career immediately went on the wane, and it suffered for a few years as a result. It was as if the industry was popping her hand for leaving the show that made her a household name. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I recall watching STEP BY STEP (a BRADY BUCNH redo for the 1990s) when it was in reruns on ABC Family back when I was young. It was never really a favorite, but it was in the same rotation with FULL HOUSE and FAMILY MATTERS, all TGIF shows, so I watched them all. </p><p></p><p>I will say, though, that STEP BY STEP was better than the most. Suzanne and Patrick Duffy shared good chemistry together.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 438781, member: 7"] Priscilla Barnes was honestly a strong addition to the cast, at least initially. But, as previously stated, Barnes herself felt so overwhelmed by the swarm of publicity she received by getting the THREE'S COMPANY job that it ended up hindering her. To top it off, she apparently went to the producers and asked for a release from her contract, but they were determined to hold her to her three-year deal. They were perfectly fine with sidelining her for those final three seasons, though. Priscilla as Terri could be funny, but I just don't see her as funny as the earlier blonde roommates. Which, to be fair, that might not be Priscilla's fault, but the continuous decline in the show itself. I'm divided here. I thought Jenilee Harrison was very pretty and brought a young freshness to the show that could be humorous and, when executed right, quite funny. The problem was Jenilee was very young (perhaps too young for the show), and the writers and the producers never saw her as a permanent replacement. Jenilee was merely recruited to finish out Season 5. The producers were pretty obvious that they just wanted a "replacement character" that could help use up some of the scripts they had already written for Suzanne as Chrissy, which was both a cost-saving and time-saving decision. Indeed, if memory serves, some scripts merely crossed out "Chrissy" and penned in "Cindy" and called it a day. I will say, though, that Cindy worked very well in a secondary character compacity. It must've been awkward for Jenilee and Priscilla, too. The replacement working with the one she's replacing... and then Cindy's just gone after Janet's mean to her in the episode where Janet decides blondes do really have more fun when she wears a wig. Anyway, poor Jenilee got a sour deal, I'd say, but she wasn't bitter. She ended up on DALLAS, and seems to have been fulfilled outside of show business, too. Early Suzanne was best. Still, the show was never quite the same without her. I've never seen SHE'S THE SHERIFF, and based on the reviews, I don't think I've missed very much. Suzanne was supposed to go into THE SUZANNE SOMERS SHOW on CBS when she walked out on THREE'S COMPANY, but that never bore fruition. ABC caught wind of the emerging sitcom over on their rival network, CBS, and threatened to sue if Suzanne's new TV character resembled "Chrissy Snow" in any way. So, CBS bucked under the pressure and eventually scrapped their deal with Suzanne. Much like Farrah when she left CHARLIE'S ANGELS, Suzanne upset the wrong people when she decided to overplay her hand and leave THREE'S COMPANY. Her career immediately went on the wane, and it suffered for a few years as a result. It was as if the industry was popping her hand for leaving the show that made her a household name. I recall watching STEP BY STEP (a BRADY BUCNH redo for the 1990s) when it was in reruns on ABC Family back when I was young. It was never really a favorite, but it was in the same rotation with FULL HOUSE and FAMILY MATTERS, all TGIF shows, so I watched them all. I will say, though, that STEP BY STEP was better than the most. Suzanne and Patrick Duffy shared good chemistry together. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top