Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 438625" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>You know, I've never seen THREE'S A CROWD, and I've never really had a strong desire to so. From what I gather, the show was basically an attempt by ABC to keep John Ritter on their lineup in some form of a sitcom. The issue is THREE'S COMPANY had limped into exhaustion by its final season, which something even Ritter himself later admitted. Ritter said the show started "ripping off themselves", or something similar, when relaying the similarities between a first season and final season episode premise. </p><p></p><p>I honestly don't know how any of them thought THREE'S A CROWD was going to work. John Ritter was a very good physical comic and was quite good delivering a punchline, but ABC should've shaken things up and given him something entirely new to do. I understand their desire to keep him in a sitcom and their decision in building on the established THREE'S COMPANY brand, but the show had just worn itself out. He needed something new to move forward.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 438625, member: 7"] You know, I've never seen THREE'S A CROWD, and I've never really had a strong desire to so. From what I gather, the show was basically an attempt by ABC to keep John Ritter on their lineup in some form of a sitcom. The issue is THREE'S COMPANY had limped into exhaustion by its final season, which something even Ritter himself later admitted. Ritter said the show started "ripping off themselves", or something similar, when relaying the similarities between a first season and final season episode premise. I honestly don't know how any of them thought THREE'S A CROWD was going to work. John Ritter was a very good physical comic and was quite good delivering a punchline, but ABC should've shaken things up and given him something entirely new to do. I understand their desire to keep him in a sitcom and their decision in building on the established THREE'S COMPANY brand, but the show had just worn itself out. He needed something new to move forward. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top