Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 438243" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>Interesting. I knew THREE'S COMPANY was based on a British sitcom, but didn't know the scripts were such direct translations. Lots of '70s American sitcoms were pilfered from the UK, but I thought they were just borrowed premises. Now I wonder how many scripts ALL IN THE FAMILY or SANFORD & SON were direct copies.</p><p></p><p>Funniest thing about the comparison video: except for baby-faced John Ritter, all of the men in that video looked SO OLD. When the British guy made a joke about 30 being old I thought, "come on man, you look 50". And then the 30 year old showed up looking even older. In the US version, the "40" year old (Dick Sargent, an actor I've never liked) showed up, my reaction was "damn, he looks 60".</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 438243, member: 5079"] Interesting. I knew THREE'S COMPANY was based on a British sitcom, but didn't know the scripts were such direct translations. Lots of '70s American sitcoms were pilfered from the UK, but I thought they were just borrowed premises. Now I wonder how many scripts ALL IN THE FAMILY or SANFORD & SON were direct copies. Funniest thing about the comparison video: except for baby-faced John Ritter, all of the men in that video looked SO OLD. When the British guy made a joke about 30 being old I thought, "come on man, you look 50". And then the 30 year old showed up looking even older. In the US version, the "40" year old (Dick Sargent, an actor I've never liked) showed up, my reaction was "damn, he looks 60". [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top