Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 104411" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I'll agree the performances generally out-weighed the writing. I've always thought Janet was prettier than Chrissy, too, especially by Season 4 when her hair was cut shorter.</p><p></p><p>The plots were pretty paper thin, so yes you did have to care for the characters for the show itself to keep your interest.</p><p></p><p>Jenilee Harrison was apparently ABC's attempt to duplicate their success with Suzanne Somers. Evidently, some of the scripts that had already been written before Harrison was hired were still used, but with "Chrissy" crossed out and "Cindy" penned in. This is why the two Snow cousins had similar personalities; the writers wanted the same ditsy blonde role and Cindy was a simplistic filler. Also, some of Chrissy's gags were slated over to Mr. Furley (Don Knotts).</p><p></p><p>Of course, I'm sure you all already knew that.</p><p></p><p>Based on looks alone, I have always leaned towards Jenilee Harrison (as Cindy Snow) being the prettiest. While Joyce DeWitt and Priscilla Barnes were certainly attractive, Harrison's looks outshine theirs. (In my opinion, anyways.)</p><p></p><p>Also, I'm a very fond of the first block of Season Four episodes, especially those featuring Ann Wedgeworth as Lana Shields, the attractive tenant who has her eyes set on Jack. I love their camping episode, and others. Although I understand the reasons Wedgeworth was "let go", I must admit I would have liked it had she stuck around.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 104411, member: 7"] I'll agree the performances generally out-weighed the writing. I've always thought Janet was prettier than Chrissy, too, especially by Season 4 when her hair was cut shorter. The plots were pretty paper thin, so yes you did have to care for the characters for the show itself to keep your interest. Jenilee Harrison was apparently ABC's attempt to duplicate their success with Suzanne Somers. Evidently, some of the scripts that had already been written before Harrison was hired were still used, but with "Chrissy" crossed out and "Cindy" penned in. This is why the two Snow cousins had similar personalities; the writers wanted the same ditsy blonde role and Cindy was a simplistic filler. Also, some of Chrissy's gags were slated over to Mr. Furley (Don Knotts). Of course, I'm sure you all already knew that. Based on looks alone, I have always leaned towards Jenilee Harrison (as Cindy Snow) being the prettiest. While Joyce DeWitt and Priscilla Barnes were certainly attractive, Harrison's looks outshine theirs. (In my opinion, anyways.) Also, I'm a very fond of the first block of Season Four episodes, especially those featuring Ann Wedgeworth as Lana Shields, the attractive tenant who has her eyes set on Jack. I love their camping episode, and others. Although I understand the reasons Wedgeworth was "let go", I must admit I would have liked it had she stuck around. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Three's Company
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top