Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 70679" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I really like how weary she looks. </p><p></p><p>I think, too, that she looks so much older in the slapping scene than she does on the beach, which always brings home to me the humanity of the film. Like the trauma of losing her young son has aged her overnight. </p><p></p><p>She would have been around 45 when she made Jaws, so I buy her having a son about Alex's age. If anything, she probably looked a bit younger in <em>Jaws: The Revenge </em>when she'd gained a little weight which seemed to suit her. </p><p></p><p>There's a great interview with Lee Fierro where she talks about everything from auditioning and casting through shooting (she slapped Roy Scheider seventeen times in one day) to meeting her screen son quarter of a century later. Here it is:</p><p></p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]QkV1W67bjSU[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I think she was taking her grief very seriously. She probably wore that veil around Amity for months. </p><p></p><p>She talked a little about wearing the black in the interview above (at about 22 minutes):</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>The thing I find most chilling about that scene is the Tiger Shark hanging in the background which, at the time, was assumed to have killed her son. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>It's very chilling. Those guys got a hard time in <em>The Jaws Log</em>. Apparently they were hopeless at following even the simplest of directions. It's a while since I read it so I may not be remembering correctly, but I think I recall reading that Spielberg took great relish in personally pulling the lever to break the dock apart and dunk them.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 70679, member: 23"] I really like how weary she looks. I think, too, that she looks so much older in the slapping scene than she does on the beach, which always brings home to me the humanity of the film. Like the trauma of losing her young son has aged her overnight. She would have been around 45 when she made Jaws, so I buy her having a son about Alex's age. If anything, she probably looked a bit younger in [I]Jaws: The Revenge [/I]when she'd gained a little weight which seemed to suit her. There's a great interview with Lee Fierro where she talks about everything from auditioning and casting through shooting (she slapped Roy Scheider seventeen times in one day) to meeting her screen son quarter of a century later. Here it is: [MEDIA=youtube]QkV1W67bjSU[/MEDIA] I think she was taking her grief very seriously. She probably wore that veil around Amity for months. She talked a little about wearing the black in the interview above (at about 22 minutes): The thing I find most chilling about that scene is the Tiger Shark hanging in the background which, at the time, was assumed to have killed her son. It's very chilling. Those guys got a hard time in [I]The Jaws Log[/I]. Apparently they were hopeless at following even the simplest of directions. It's a while since I read it so I may not be remembering correctly, but I think I recall reading that Spielberg took great relish in personally pulling the lever to break the dock apart and dunk them. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top