Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 426298" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I was taken aback by his forceful comefback in that video linked above.</p><p></p><p></p><p>In earlier <em>Jaws</em> documentaries, while his reflections on the problems with Robert Shaw have generally been tempered with an evident fondness (far more so than other contributors), he has said that Shaw bullied and constantly challenged him him on-set. I've always just assumed he supported what others were saying, but perhaps it's in the way these things are edited.</p><p></p><p>It must have been a little confusing for him on the set, where he admired and almost worshipped this very unpredictable figure who made him the object of his ridicule.</p><p></p><p>I do recall watching a video of him appearing on Irish TV having met Robert Shaw's granddaughter moments before and he became quite emotional. To me, that moment somehow felt like a turning point for him in how he framed it.</p><p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]wKX0n99hX5U[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>The 50th Anniversary steelbook isn't released here until the 28th, so I have yet to watch it, but I really expected this to be the case. The story behind <em>Jaws</em> has been so well-documented right from the beginning (starting with<em> The Jaws Log </em>book, which memorialised everything "live" from the set) that it feels it's all been said.</p><p></p><p>I'm really not expecting much more than a fond look back and that's OK with me.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That certainly would have been interesting to see.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 426298, member: 23"] I was taken aback by his forceful comefback in that video linked above. In earlier [I]Jaws[/I] documentaries, while his reflections on the problems with Robert Shaw have generally been tempered with an evident fondness (far more so than other contributors), he has said that Shaw bullied and constantly challenged him him on-set. I've always just assumed he supported what others were saying, but perhaps it's in the way these things are edited. It must have been a little confusing for him on the set, where he admired and almost worshipped this very unpredictable figure who made him the object of his ridicule. I do recall watching a video of him appearing on Irish TV having met Robert Shaw's granddaughter moments before and he became quite emotional. To me, that moment somehow felt like a turning point for him in how he framed it. [CENTER] [MEDIA=youtube]wKX0n99hX5U[/MEDIA][/CENTER] The 50th Anniversary steelbook isn't released here until the 28th, so I have yet to watch it, but I really expected this to be the case. The story behind [I]Jaws[/I] has been so well-documented right from the beginning (starting with[I] The Jaws Log [/I]book, which memorialised everything "live" from the set) that it feels it's all been said. I'm really not expecting much more than a fond look back and that's OK with me. That certainly would have been interesting to see. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top