Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 338380" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>It's similar for me. <em>Jaws</em> is an annual affair, while <em>Jaws 2 </em>is usually every four-ish years. The remaining sequels even less frequently, though I do revisit them from time to time (with the understanding that they're going to be terrible).</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Of all the <em>Jaws</em> sequels, <em>Jaws 2 </em>is actually the most disappointing as time passes. And it's most disappointing because it feels as though it could have been better. It's easy to misremember it as being far better than it actually is because parts of it show such promise, particularly the land-based stuff with Roy Scheider.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Absolutely. Even though they filmed a lot less on Martha's Vineyard for this film, and Florida doubled for Amity a great deal it was well done. There was enough of the Vineyard and its familiar faces to satisfy so that I could really feel we were back on familiar territory.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Among many other <em>Jaws</em>-related childhood fantasies of mine, I remember having a clear vision of a <em>Jaws</em> mini-series, based upon Peter Benchley's novel version complete with its dinner parties and social airs and snobbery. This went on to become essentially an <em>Amity</em> series which showed life going on in the years between the films. We've now had had<em> Bates Motel </em>and a plethora of other film-based TV spinoffs, so who knows... we may still get our wish.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Agreed. It looks terrible. The very idea that a Great White shark will look more terrifying if it has burns and scars is absolutely laughable. And we certainly get plenty of chances to see its face from every angle.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 338380, member: 23"] It's similar for me. [I]Jaws[/I] is an annual affair, while [I]Jaws 2 [/I]is usually every four-ish years. The remaining sequels even less frequently, though I do revisit them from time to time (with the understanding that they're going to be terrible). Of all the [I]Jaws[/I] sequels, [I]Jaws 2 [/I]is actually the most disappointing as time passes. And it's most disappointing because it feels as though it could have been better. It's easy to misremember it as being far better than it actually is because parts of it show such promise, particularly the land-based stuff with Roy Scheider. Absolutely. Even though they filmed a lot less on Martha's Vineyard for this film, and Florida doubled for Amity a great deal it was well done. There was enough of the Vineyard and its familiar faces to satisfy so that I could really feel we were back on familiar territory. Among many other [I]Jaws[/I]-related childhood fantasies of mine, I remember having a clear vision of a [I]Jaws[/I] mini-series, based upon Peter Benchley's novel version complete with its dinner parties and social airs and snobbery. This went on to become essentially an [I]Amity[/I] series which showed life going on in the years between the films. We've now had had[I] Bates Motel [/I]and a plethora of other film-based TV spinoffs, so who knows... we may still get our wish. Agreed. It looks terrible. The very idea that a Great White shark will look more terrifying if it has burns and scars is absolutely laughable. And we certainly get plenty of chances to see its face from every angle. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top