Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 338094" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I had not seen JAWS in theater previously although, if my memories are accurate, JAWS 2 may have been my earliest movie on a big screen; if so and based on how old I would have been, I seriously question my parents' judgement in taking me!</p><p></p><p>I usually watch JAWS (and sometimes its immediate sequel, but no others) in early summer, but this year I never got around to it. It was therefore rather fortuitous for the film to be released in theaters again just as summer is winding down. I always love seeing a classic film on the big screen; very often, it's like seeing the movie for the first time. The movie is about as enjoyable, effective and beautifully filmed as any I've seen. About the film's only flaw is its painfully fake looking shark, which is not helped at all on the big screen; but Spielberg shrewdly kept his camera from lingering too long.</p><p></p><p>The 3D conversion was technically impressive, but I find the format to be a gimmick. It was effective in a few scenes, but also occasionally distracting; overall I'd say it added little value. I would have been just as thrilled to see the movie in 2D on the big screen.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 338094, member: 5079"] I had not seen JAWS in theater previously although, if my memories are accurate, JAWS 2 may have been my earliest movie on a big screen; if so and based on how old I would have been, I seriously question my parents' judgement in taking me! I usually watch JAWS (and sometimes its immediate sequel, but no others) in early summer, but this year I never got around to it. It was therefore rather fortuitous for the film to be released in theaters again just as summer is winding down. I always love seeing a classic film on the big screen; very often, it's like seeing the movie for the first time. The movie is about as enjoyable, effective and beautifully filmed as any I've seen. About the film's only flaw is its painfully fake looking shark, which is not helped at all on the big screen; but Spielberg shrewdly kept his camera from lingering too long. The 3D conversion was technically impressive, but I find the format to be a gimmick. It was effective in a few scenes, but also occasionally distracting; overall I'd say it added little value. I would have been just as thrilled to see the movie in 2D on the big screen. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top