Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DallasFanForever" data-source="post: 331392" data-attributes="member: 13221"><p>Yes, very much so! And it pains me to agree LOL</p><p></p><p></p><p>The funny thing is the sequels have grown on me now over the years, even the last two. If I’m flipping the channels and there they are, I can’t turn them off. Maybe it’s nostalgia, having seen them so young, I don’t know. Are they great films? Of course not, yet I do still find them very entertaining. </p><p></p><p></p><p>As soon as I finally caught the original in 1992, I watched Jaws 2 a couple of weeks later. I really liked it then. Of course following a blockbuster is never easy, and I agree that the movie does have its flaws. I think it makes for a pretty solid sequel, but when I see it now I guess I view the gap between it and the original as being a little wider than I did back then. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Same here, yet I didn’t quite understand the 3-D concept just yet. I heard people saying “Put on these glasses and the shark will be right here in the theatre.” Well, I was a little alarmed at first but kept that part to myself until I finally understood what they were all talking about. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes, that’s exactly how I feel about the third and fourth films now. I think it’s great to hear someone viewing them positively as I do feel they take a little too much criticism at times. I openly criticize them, probably even as I’m watching them, but there’s still something captivating about them for me after all these years. Of course they’re not the original, but what is?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DallasFanForever, post: 331392, member: 13221"] Yes, very much so! And it pains me to agree LOL The funny thing is the sequels have grown on me now over the years, even the last two. If I’m flipping the channels and there they are, I can’t turn them off. Maybe it’s nostalgia, having seen them so young, I don’t know. Are they great films? Of course not, yet I do still find them very entertaining. As soon as I finally caught the original in 1992, I watched Jaws 2 a couple of weeks later. I really liked it then. Of course following a blockbuster is never easy, and I agree that the movie does have its flaws. I think it makes for a pretty solid sequel, but when I see it now I guess I view the gap between it and the original as being a little wider than I did back then. Same here, yet I didn’t quite understand the 3-D concept just yet. I heard people saying “Put on these glasses and the shark will be right here in the theatre.” Well, I was a little alarmed at first but kept that part to myself until I finally understood what they were all talking about. Yes, that’s exactly how I feel about the third and fourth films now. I think it’s great to hear someone viewing them positively as I do feel they take a little too much criticism at times. I openly criticize them, probably even as I’m watching them, but there’s still something captivating about them for me after all these years. Of course they’re not the original, but what is? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top