Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 256328" data-attributes="member: 23"><p style="text-align: center">The subject of Jaws on TV has prompted me to seek out some ITV-related <em>Jaws</em> stuff:</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Here are the bumpers and adverts from the first screening of <em>Jaws</em> on ITV. If you look closely you can work out where some of the adverts were placed:</p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]kdjYWese4dk[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Some of the adverts are unintentionally hilarious. And as for the products... anyone for an Alpha Probe?! </p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">That first advert would never make it onto TV today. Can you imagine?!</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Speaking of less-than-politically-correct, the Thames TV continuity announcer introduced the British TV premiere of <em>Jaws</em> with a Bernard Manning style mother-in-law joke, as seen here:</p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]NpXPxxdn4lc[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">And here's the <em>Jaws 2 </em>British premiere being advertised right after the premiere of <em>Superman: The Movie</em>. A great time to be alive:</p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]xvDq78fCJBo[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">Finally, here's a nice retrospective article about the ITV premiere of <em>Jaws</em>: <a href="https://thedailyjaws.com/blog/jaws-steven-spielberg-first-shown-on-uk-tv-1981" target="_blank">The Day Almost Half A Country Tuned In To Watch <em>Jaws</em></a></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 256328, member: 23"] [CENTER]The subject of Jaws on TV has prompted me to seek out some ITV-related [I]Jaws[/I] stuff: Here are the bumpers and adverts from the first screening of [I]Jaws[/I] on ITV. If you look closely you can work out where some of the adverts were placed: [MEDIA=youtube]kdjYWese4dk[/MEDIA] Some of the adverts are unintentionally hilarious. And as for the products... anyone for an Alpha Probe?! That first advert would never make it onto TV today. Can you imagine?! Speaking of less-than-politically-correct, the Thames TV continuity announcer introduced the British TV premiere of [I]Jaws[/I] with a Bernard Manning style mother-in-law joke, as seen here: [MEDIA=youtube]NpXPxxdn4lc[/MEDIA] And here's the [I]Jaws 2 [/I]British premiere being advertised right after the premiere of [I]Superman: The Movie[/I]. A great time to be alive: [MEDIA=youtube]xvDq78fCJBo[/MEDIA] Finally, here's a nice retrospective article about the ITV premiere of [I]Jaws[/I]: [URL='https://thedailyjaws.com/blog/jaws-steven-spielberg-first-shown-on-uk-tv-1981']The Day Almost Half A Country Tuned In To Watch [I]Jaws[/I][/URL][/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top