Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 256115" data-attributes="member: 7"><p><span style="font-family: 'verdana'">I was completely baffled to learn that producers Richard Zanuck and David Brown originally wanted the third film to be a spoof of the series. They felt a return to the Brody family and Amity Island would be too familiar for audiences. They worried the familiarity would make the third film less scary than the first two and therefore they urged the studio, Universal Pictures, to initiate the spoof. Zanuck and Brown teamed up with National Lampoon writers Todd Carroll and John Hughes, who fleshed out the story and characters for a third film, which had the working title <em>National Lampoon's Jaws 3/People 0</em>. Apparently <em>Jaws </em>writer Peter Benchley was going to make a cameo in the first scene where he was eaten by a great white shark in his private swimming pool. Peter Steinberg, then head of Universal, was touted to make a cameo, as was Steven Speilberg, who directed the original 1975 film. Bo Derek was also publicized as being part of the cast, which had been drawn from her recent success in <em>10 </em>(1979). </span></p><p><span style="font-family: 'verdana'"></span></p><p><span style="font-family: 'verdana'">None of this ever bore fruition. It died on the drawing board, and we ended up with <em>Jaws 3-D </em>instead. </span></p><p></p><p style="text-align: center"><span style="font-family: 'verdana'"> [ATTACH=full]24915[/ATTACH]</span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 256115, member: 7"] [FONT=verdana]I was completely baffled to learn that producers Richard Zanuck and David Brown originally wanted the third film to be a spoof of the series. They felt a return to the Brody family and Amity Island would be too familiar for audiences. They worried the familiarity would make the third film less scary than the first two and therefore they urged the studio, Universal Pictures, to initiate the spoof. Zanuck and Brown teamed up with National Lampoon writers Todd Carroll and John Hughes, who fleshed out the story and characters for a third film, which had the working title [I]National Lampoon's Jaws 3/People 0[/I]. Apparently [I]Jaws [/I]writer Peter Benchley was going to make a cameo in the first scene where he was eaten by a great white shark in his private swimming pool. Peter Steinberg, then head of Universal, was touted to make a cameo, as was Steven Speilberg, who directed the original 1975 film. Bo Derek was also publicized as being part of the cast, which had been drawn from her recent success in [I]10 [/I](1979). None of this ever bore fruition. It died on the drawing board, and we ended up with [I]Jaws 3-D [/I]instead. [/FONT] [CENTER][FONT=verdana] [ATTACH type="full" width="421px"]24915[/ATTACH][/FONT][/CENTER] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top