Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 95138" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Thanks! When you first mentioned this series, it sounded a lot like <em>Empty Nest</em>, an American sitcom that featured a single father whose two adult daughters lived with him. They even had Dreyfuss, a St. Bernard/Labrador mix who often stole the show with his antics. If EN had been a rip-off of FDF, I would have been disappointed, since Susan Harris never mentioned "her" show concept was not actually hers. Still, from what you describe, FDF is different "enough" not to be confused with<em> Empty Nest</em>, since the mother was dead in this series, and instead of a housekeeper/nanny, they had an annoying neighbor who dropped by to eat out of their fridge and insult the eldest daughter. The father was a doctor, and instead of an agent, he has an overbearing nurse/assistant who was definitely <em>not</em> a love interest.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 95138, member: 27"] Thanks! When you first mentioned this series, it sounded a lot like [I]Empty Nest[/I], an American sitcom that featured a single father whose two adult daughters lived with him. They even had Dreyfuss, a St. Bernard/Labrador mix who often stole the show with his antics. If EN had been a rip-off of FDF, I would have been disappointed, since Susan Harris never mentioned "her" show concept was not actually hers. Still, from what you describe, FDF is different "enough" not to be confused with[I] Empty Nest[/I], since the mother was dead in this series, and instead of a housekeeper/nanny, they had an annoying neighbor who dropped by to eat out of their fridge and insult the eldest daughter. The father was a doctor, and instead of an agent, he has an overbearing nurse/assistant who was definitely [I]not[/I] a love interest. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top