Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 85040" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>What long series <em>Pardon The Expression</em> had. Twelve episodes for Series One and a whopping twenty four for Series Two. Thirty six episodes is the equivalent of five or six series of something like <em>Are You Being Served?</em> Still, considering only two series were produced it's all to the good.</p><p></p><p>I've started the second series now and it's thoroughly enjoyable. Swindley seems to have become more incompetent, bumbling and accident prone with each passing episode, but in the best possible way. Lowe is entering Captain Mainwaring territory here.</p><p></p><p>Series Two has gained a jazzed-up title sequence and a new character, with Swindley's superior Parbold being replaced by Mr. Hunt.</p><p></p><p>In <em>Self Defence </em>episode which I watched last night,<em> The Mikado</em> was mentioned and he briefly recalled a performance in the Glad Tidings Mission Hall with great warmth. It was a rare - and very welcome - reference to the character's time on <em>Coronation Street</em>.</p><p></p><p>I look forward to my 25-50 minute fix of an evening. It's been a grower for me, but well worth the effort.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 85040, member: 23"] What long series [I]Pardon The Expression[/I] had. Twelve episodes for Series One and a whopping twenty four for Series Two. Thirty six episodes is the equivalent of five or six series of something like [I]Are You Being Served?[/I] Still, considering only two series were produced it's all to the good. I've started the second series now and it's thoroughly enjoyable. Swindley seems to have become more incompetent, bumbling and accident prone with each passing episode, but in the best possible way. Lowe is entering Captain Mainwaring territory here. Series Two has gained a jazzed-up title sequence and a new character, with Swindley's superior Parbold being replaced by Mr. Hunt. In [I]Self Defence [/I]episode which I watched last night,[I] The Mikado[/I] was mentioned and he briefly recalled a performance in the Glad Tidings Mission Hall with great warmth. It was a rare - and very welcome - reference to the character's time on [I]Coronation Street[/I]. I look forward to my 25-50 minute fix of an evening. It's been a grower for me, but well worth the effort. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top