Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="James from London" data-source="post: 428361" data-attributes="member: 22"><p>Very interesting, Mel! I actually remember the film version of <em>Love They Neighbour</em> (as well as those slightly mind-bending cameos in the <em>Man About the House</em> movie) much better than the series itself, although the show was definitely part of the cultural zeitgeist at the time (or what passes for a cultural zeitgeist when you're still at primary school).</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ah yes, it's the scene on the river that's stuck with me. I knew it was between a white woman and a Black man, but thought they might be Kate Williams and some potential extra-marital love interest. I recall it as a comparatively serious, almost melancholic scene and I vaguely recall her remarking on his exact shade of skin colour, but in a way that didn't feel judgemental or insensitive (at least not to me as a little white kid several decades ago, so I'm probably not the best judge) .</p><p></p><p>You probably know Kate Williams and Rudolph Walker briefly became a couple on <em>Enders </em>about fifteen years ago. (I kept hoping Jack Smethhurst and Nina Baden-Semper would move in next door). I couldn't find a clip of them together, but this at least shows them in the same scene, right at the end.</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]A93CYvG_R8o[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>Last year, Rudolph Walker and his present romantic partner on<em> Enders</em> were given a fantastic two-hander to play, real <em>Play for Today</em> stuff. Of all the 40th anniversary specials that the BBC aired earlier this year, this discussion between the two actors involved was by far my favourite:</p><p></p><p>[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m002861m/angela-wynter-and-rudolph-walker-remember-eastenders-yolande-and-patrick[/URL]</p><p></p><p>I was very excited a while back when I discovered Nina Baden-Semper had once covered Cilla Black (and therefore Paul McCartney). At least I was until I heard the results (bless her heart):</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]qn5pTZfBYHk, list: RDqn5pTZfBYHk[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="James from London, post: 428361, member: 22"] Very interesting, Mel! I actually remember the film version of [I]Love They Neighbour[/I] (as well as those slightly mind-bending cameos in the [I]Man About the House[/I] movie) much better than the series itself, although the show was definitely part of the cultural zeitgeist at the time (or what passes for a cultural zeitgeist when you're still at primary school). Ah yes, it's the scene on the river that's stuck with me. I knew it was between a white woman and a Black man, but thought they might be Kate Williams and some potential extra-marital love interest. I recall it as a comparatively serious, almost melancholic scene and I vaguely recall her remarking on his exact shade of skin colour, but in a way that didn't feel judgemental or insensitive (at least not to me as a little white kid several decades ago, so I'm probably not the best judge) . You probably know Kate Williams and Rudolph Walker briefly became a couple on [I]Enders [/I]about fifteen years ago. (I kept hoping Jack Smethhurst and Nina Baden-Semper would move in next door). I couldn't find a clip of them together, but this at least shows them in the same scene, right at the end. [MEDIA=youtube]A93CYvG_R8o[/MEDIA] Last year, Rudolph Walker and his present romantic partner on[I] Enders[/I] were given a fantastic two-hander to play, real [I]Play for Today[/I] stuff. Of all the 40th anniversary specials that the BBC aired earlier this year, this discussion between the two actors involved was by far my favourite: [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m002861m/angela-wynter-and-rudolph-walker-remember-eastenders-yolande-and-patrick[/URL] I was very excited a while back when I discovered Nina Baden-Semper had once covered Cilla Black (and therefore Paul McCartney). At least I was until I heard the results (bless her heart): [MEDIA=youtube]qn5pTZfBYHk, list: RDqn5pTZfBYHk[/MEDIA] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top