Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 382364" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Yes, it's almost the standard for many of the family-based sitcoms. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I'd say so. In fact my own family wasn't a million miles removed from this.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I believe<em> Don't Drink The Water </em>was a spin-off of <em>On The Buses,</em> with Blakey in Spain. There's an episode on my DVD box-set, and I'm pretty sure another version of the <em>OTB</em> set includes the entire series of <em>Don't Drink The Water.</em> </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Thanks. I'm sure I will (whenever I eventually get round to watching them.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I already had the AYBS film on DVD and have watched it a number of times. I'd agree with your view of it. It's so-so, with many of the situations and lines being lifted from the TV series, but feeling a bit flatter here. All the same I view it fondly.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I suspect I watched the <em>Dad's Army</em> film when I watched the entire series some years ago. In fact I just looked back through this thread to confirm, but it seems I must have watched the series before the site crash, which feels shocking to me as it feels far more recent than that.</p><p></p><p>The series is really good and worth a look if the opportunity comes along. I must confess I barely remember the film, but that's possibly as much a statement on my terrible memory as it is the quality of the film.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Like you with <em>Dad's Army,</em> I've never actually watched any Steptoe & Son. I have invested in the series on DVD as well as the films on Blu-ray, so I'll be watching at some point. I've liked all the Galton & Simpson material I've encountered so far so I felt it worth the risk.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That bodes well. I really enjoyed <em>Bless This House </em>and<em> Please Sir </em>as well. I'd also throw in <em>Man About The House, The Lovers </em>and<em> Porridge. </em></p><p></p><p>My set of the <em>Love Thy Neighbour</em> series includes the feature film, so I'm glad to know it's a good one.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 382364, member: 23"] Yes, it's almost the standard for many of the family-based sitcoms. I'd say so. In fact my own family wasn't a million miles removed from this. I believe[I] Don't Drink The Water [/I]was a spin-off of [I]On The Buses,[/I] with Blakey in Spain. There's an episode on my DVD box-set, and I'm pretty sure another version of the [I]OTB[/I] set includes the entire series of [I]Don't Drink The Water.[/I] Thanks. I'm sure I will (whenever I eventually get round to watching them. I already had the AYBS film on DVD and have watched it a number of times. I'd agree with your view of it. It's so-so, with many of the situations and lines being lifted from the TV series, but feeling a bit flatter here. All the same I view it fondly. I suspect I watched the [I]Dad's Army[/I] film when I watched the entire series some years ago. In fact I just looked back through this thread to confirm, but it seems I must have watched the series before the site crash, which feels shocking to me as it feels far more recent than that. The series is really good and worth a look if the opportunity comes along. I must confess I barely remember the film, but that's possibly as much a statement on my terrible memory as it is the quality of the film. Like you with [I]Dad's Army,[/I] I've never actually watched any Steptoe & Son. I have invested in the series on DVD as well as the films on Blu-ray, so I'll be watching at some point. I've liked all the Galton & Simpson material I've encountered so far so I felt it worth the risk. That bodes well. I really enjoyed [I]Bless This House [/I]and[I] Please Sir [/I]as well. I'd also throw in [I]Man About The House, The Lovers [/I]and[I] Porridge. [/I] My set of the [I]Love Thy Neighbour[/I] series includes the feature film, so I'm glad to know it's a good one. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top