Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 379351" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Ha ha. Yes, I'm not sure why but it simply never spoke to me.</p><p></p><p>I would be up for checking it out at some point, but with Network having gone under this year, I can't see me getting it on home media anytime soon.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Well, June was renowned for being a consummate professional who got on with all her colleagues and was always on the ball when it came to knowing what was needed. I imagine she was hugely diplomatic, and she worked with a number of people who were said to be not the easiest to work with (Tony Hancock springs to mind). I imagine they appreciated working with her because she was so prepared and met their high standards. I suspect she was also too professional to be anything less than diplomatic when speaking about them.</p><p></p><p>Even so there are interviews with June <a href="https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/dec/11/june-whitfield-interview" target="_blank">like this one</a>, where she covers how she handled his efforts to give her notes:</p><p></p><p></p><p>I have a couple of June's autobiographies on the bookshelf. It's a long while since I've looked them over, so I suppose I could dig them out and look for clues. That said, I think it was from these that I deduced she was the queen of diplomacy.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 379351, member: 23"] Ha ha. Yes, I'm not sure why but it simply never spoke to me. I would be up for checking it out at some point, but with Network having gone under this year, I can't see me getting it on home media anytime soon. Well, June was renowned for being a consummate professional who got on with all her colleagues and was always on the ball when it came to knowing what was needed. I imagine she was hugely diplomatic, and she worked with a number of people who were said to be not the easiest to work with (Tony Hancock springs to mind). I imagine they appreciated working with her because she was so prepared and met their high standards. I suspect she was also too professional to be anything less than diplomatic when speaking about them. Even so there are interviews with June [URL='https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/dec/11/june-whitfield-interview']like this one[/URL], where she covers how she handled his efforts to give her notes: I have a couple of June's autobiographies on the bookshelf. It's a long while since I've looked them over, so I suppose I could dig them out and look for clues. That said, I think it was from these that I deduced she was the queen of diplomacy. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top