Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 373189" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Series Three of <em>Sykes</em> is over which means, sadly, I've now watched every episode featuring Richard Wattis.</p><p></p><p>As mentioned above, I'm curious to see what happens next. I know there will be a new next-door neighbour and I believe it's a woman which is probably best since it will hopefully mitigate the potential for direct comparison.</p><p></p><p>With Richard's death apparently being so sudden, I imagine most Series Four episodes might have been written with him in mind... particularly since most scripts are remakes of material done with this series' original team in an earlier series. </p><p></p><p>While he didn't get a memorable final line (I can't remember the last thing he said as he said very little in the final scene, and what he <u><em>did</em></u> say was some time before the episode finished), there were at least some memorable moments since the episode featured a number of flashbacks to fifteen years earlier. </p><p></p><p>It was good fun to see the cast playing younger versions of themselves, with Richard in a wig with a small parting that made him look genuinely younger (and a bit more eccentric) and Sykes and Deryck Guyler apparently being treated with Grecian 2000. Hattie's hair was mostly hidden under a big hat, giving her younger self a different look as well. Most impressive here was the set (re)dressing, where the familiar living room was given completely different furniture, wallpaper and even doors to make it feel like a completely different time. I was surprised how contemporary and airy the "usual" set felt once we returned to "present" day.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 373189, member: 23"] Series Three of [I]Sykes[/I] is over which means, sadly, I've now watched every episode featuring Richard Wattis. As mentioned above, I'm curious to see what happens next. I know there will be a new next-door neighbour and I believe it's a woman which is probably best since it will hopefully mitigate the potential for direct comparison. With Richard's death apparently being so sudden, I imagine most Series Four episodes might have been written with him in mind... particularly since most scripts are remakes of material done with this series' original team in an earlier series. While he didn't get a memorable final line (I can't remember the last thing he said as he said very little in the final scene, and what he [U][I]did[/I][/U] say was some time before the episode finished), there were at least some memorable moments since the episode featured a number of flashbacks to fifteen years earlier. It was good fun to see the cast playing younger versions of themselves, with Richard in a wig with a small parting that made him look genuinely younger (and a bit more eccentric) and Sykes and Deryck Guyler apparently being treated with Grecian 2000. Hattie's hair was mostly hidden under a big hat, giving her younger self a different look as well. Most impressive here was the set (re)dressing, where the familiar living room was given completely different furniture, wallpaper and even doors to make it feel like a completely different time. I was surprised how contemporary and airy the "usual" set felt once we returned to "present" day. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top