Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 370723" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Truthfully, <em>Sykes</em> feels like a bit of a trudge. It's endearing enough and certainly not without its moments, but it does feel a bit plodding and flat. Perhaps it just hasn't aged well. Or perhaps breaking it up with <em>Brookside</em> every few episodes isn't doing it any favours. </p><p></p><p>One fascinatingly meta moment came in one of the most recent episodes where Hat settled down to watch television. The theme from <em>Sykes</em> could be heard playing, prompting this response:</p><p></p><p></p><p>It's getting into surrealist territory, but somehow felt exciting at the same time to think there's a British comedy multiverse. Which may explain the plethora of familiar faces playing familiar characterisations in different settings.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 370723, member: 23"] Truthfully, [I]Sykes[/I] feels like a bit of a trudge. It's endearing enough and certainly not without its moments, but it does feel a bit plodding and flat. Perhaps it just hasn't aged well. Or perhaps breaking it up with [I]Brookside[/I] every few episodes isn't doing it any favours. One fascinatingly meta moment came in one of the most recent episodes where Hat settled down to watch television. The theme from [I]Sykes[/I] could be heard playing, prompting this response: It's getting into surrealist territory, but somehow felt exciting at the same time to think there's a British comedy multiverse. Which may explain the plethora of familiar faces playing familiar characterisations in different settings. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top