Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 340300" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Billing seems to have become a focus with the latter part of Series Three and going into Series Four. I believe Anthony Newley was the first person to receive his own "Special Guest Star" credit in the opening titles (albeit with no accompanying image of him). </p><p></p><p>With Series Four, the two actors playing the children are now named in the opening credits (it bothers me that Kellie Bright, billed before William Puttock, is on the <u><em>right</em></u> of the accompanying shot of the pair). Tim Brooke-Taylor has now received his own "Special Guest Star" billing (he must have a good agent!)</p><p></p><p>Other familiar faces have included Simon Williams, Martin Clunes and Samantha Beckinsale. I know that the wonderful Lynda Baron will make her series debut with my next episode, so that's something to look forward to. </p><p></p><p>Perhaps this is a case of familiarity breeding contempt, but a couple of little habits of the actors have started jumping out at me. The most distracting of these is Joe McGann's tendency to begin his lines by saying "Come on [character name]..." (his most common variation is "Come on Caroline..." which I first noticed because of the doubling up of McGann's extremely hard "K" sound). I don't know if it's a new thing, or if I simply hadn't noticed before, but it could get testing if it continues. </p><p></p><p>Diana Weston gets funnier with each passing series. And Honor Blackman can do no wrong at all in my eyes. If I wasn't a fan before, I am now.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 340300, member: 23"] Billing seems to have become a focus with the latter part of Series Three and going into Series Four. I believe Anthony Newley was the first person to receive his own "Special Guest Star" credit in the opening titles (albeit with no accompanying image of him). With Series Four, the two actors playing the children are now named in the opening credits (it bothers me that Kellie Bright, billed before William Puttock, is on the [U][I]right[/I][/U] of the accompanying shot of the pair). Tim Brooke-Taylor has now received his own "Special Guest Star" billing (he must have a good agent!) Other familiar faces have included Simon Williams, Martin Clunes and Samantha Beckinsale. I know that the wonderful Lynda Baron will make her series debut with my next episode, so that's something to look forward to. Perhaps this is a case of familiarity breeding contempt, but a couple of little habits of the actors have started jumping out at me. The most distracting of these is Joe McGann's tendency to begin his lines by saying "Come on [character name]..." (his most common variation is "Come on Caroline..." which I first noticed because of the doubling up of McGann's extremely hard "K" sound). I don't know if it's a new thing, or if I simply hadn't noticed before, but it could get testing if it continues. Diana Weston gets funnier with each passing series. And Honor Blackman can do no wrong at all in my eyes. If I wasn't a fan before, I am now. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top