Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 313426" data-attributes="member: 23"><p><em>For The Love Of Ada</em> has continued to surprise me with its sweet and poignant moments. I find it a very truthful series and it touches on some topics that I don't recall seeing addressed anywhere else: little practical discussions about life and death. </p><p></p><p>A nice example of this was Ada asking Walter asking where he wanted to be laid to rest after he died, which ended up with them both agreeing to be buried with their first spouses - Walter up North and Ada down South. It was just an unexpected, sweet moment between two people, but it was also something that had evidently been troubling Ada and she seemed reassured by the agreement. It actually got me thinking about how the resting place issue would work in my own life (I'm none the wiser as there are lots of considerations, with ties to different parts of the country within my household). </p><p></p><p>Some of the themes, along similar lines, are ostensibly a little heavier than one might expect from a gentle sitcom. Like Ada discovering her husband was buried in a neighbouring grave, overgrown with weeds. Or Walter learning his son won't be attending his wedding. And while both have an "all's well that ends well" resolution, I do admire the writers for taking us on that journey and showing us how the characters respond to a distressing situation. </p><p></p><p>Series Two has concluded with Ada and Walter's wedding, which was surprisingly touching. And before that we had the fun of them almost eloping to Halifax but changing their minds at the last minute. </p><p></p><p>I'm looking forward to seeing what the second half of the run brings. And with Mollie Sugden and Patsy Rowlands still to arrive, I'm sure it will be very enjoyable.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 313426, member: 23"] [I]For The Love Of Ada[/I] has continued to surprise me with its sweet and poignant moments. I find it a very truthful series and it touches on some topics that I don't recall seeing addressed anywhere else: little practical discussions about life and death. A nice example of this was Ada asking Walter asking where he wanted to be laid to rest after he died, which ended up with them both agreeing to be buried with their first spouses - Walter up North and Ada down South. It was just an unexpected, sweet moment between two people, but it was also something that had evidently been troubling Ada and she seemed reassured by the agreement. It actually got me thinking about how the resting place issue would work in my own life (I'm none the wiser as there are lots of considerations, with ties to different parts of the country within my household). Some of the themes, along similar lines, are ostensibly a little heavier than one might expect from a gentle sitcom. Like Ada discovering her husband was buried in a neighbouring grave, overgrown with weeds. Or Walter learning his son won't be attending his wedding. And while both have an "all's well that ends well" resolution, I do admire the writers for taking us on that journey and showing us how the characters respond to a distressing situation. Series Two has concluded with Ada and Walter's wedding, which was surprisingly touching. And before that we had the fun of them almost eloping to Halifax but changing their minds at the last minute. I'm looking forward to seeing what the second half of the run brings. And with Mollie Sugden and Patsy Rowlands still to arrive, I'm sure it will be very enjoyable. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top