Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="AndyB2008" data-source="post: 265981" data-attributes="member: 26097"><p>With the David and Lynn situation, as I wrote in forgotten soaps of the 80s thread, the similar situation happened with Cracker. I recall reading comments on Jump The Shark on this before the site closed.</p><p></p><p>The main crux I can remember from the comments was Bilborough's death - as much as the actor wanted to leave a la Patrick Duffy (but at least managed to be successful and not have to crawl back), it was felt his departure weakened the show as Fitz didn't have a foe to clash with from then on. (Again, from those same Jump The Shark comments, it was felt Ricky Tomlinson's character was too weak)</p><p></p><p>It's the same way with Dallas - once Bobby got killed off before the shower affair, there was a comment I think from Paulsen or another Dallas producer I read that the JR character was weakened as he had no one to clash with as they were Cain and Abel.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="AndyB2008, post: 265981, member: 26097"] With the David and Lynn situation, as I wrote in forgotten soaps of the 80s thread, the similar situation happened with Cracker. I recall reading comments on Jump The Shark on this before the site closed. The main crux I can remember from the comments was Bilborough's death - as much as the actor wanted to leave a la Patrick Duffy (but at least managed to be successful and not have to crawl back), it was felt his departure weakened the show as Fitz didn't have a foe to clash with from then on. (Again, from those same Jump The Shark comments, it was felt Ricky Tomlinson's character was too weak) It's the same way with Dallas - once Bobby got killed off before the shower affair, there was a comment I think from Paulsen or another Dallas producer I read that the JR character was weakened as he had no one to clash with as they were Cain and Abel. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top