Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 243045" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Well, I've managed to whizz through the first series by watching the remaining eight episodes yesterday and last night. Which means I'm 50% of the way through the entire show.</p><p></p><p>I'm impressed by how attached I've become to the characters, despite the format of the series which keeps one somewhat at arm's length. As the series has gone along, voices other than the two leads have begun to be heard. The gay son and his partner. The pregnant daughter. The dishy reverend who's "a bit light on his feet" (Michael Fenton Stevens, last seen in O'Dramavision as Bean's mortal enemy from the hotel, who was sensible enough not to eat the bad oysters).</p><p></p><p>Likewise, I've become attached to the settings. I missed their homes when the characters were in prison for their various crimes (both misunderstandings, naturally. And the arc went on a little too long). And it's felt a little strange for them to be bouncing round taking care of each others' home or family. And as the first series ends, the homes are gone altogether and the two are off to explore the world in a beaten up old Transit caravanette.</p><p></p><p>For me the series has worked best when they're in their individual homes, exchanging acid letters trying to outdo and get dirt on one another. Time will tell if the new format works. Or perhaps there'll be a time jump for Series Two.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 243045, member: 23"] Well, I've managed to whizz through the first series by watching the remaining eight episodes yesterday and last night. Which means I'm 50% of the way through the entire show. I'm impressed by how attached I've become to the characters, despite the format of the series which keeps one somewhat at arm's length. As the series has gone along, voices other than the two leads have begun to be heard. The gay son and his partner. The pregnant daughter. The dishy reverend who's "a bit light on his feet" (Michael Fenton Stevens, last seen in O'Dramavision as Bean's mortal enemy from the hotel, who was sensible enough not to eat the bad oysters). Likewise, I've become attached to the settings. I missed their homes when the characters were in prison for their various crimes (both misunderstandings, naturally. And the arc went on a little too long). And it's felt a little strange for them to be bouncing round taking care of each others' home or family. And as the first series ends, the homes are gone altogether and the two are off to explore the world in a beaten up old Transit caravanette. For me the series has worked best when they're in their individual homes, exchanging acid letters trying to outdo and get dirt on one another. Time will tell if the new format works. Or perhaps there'll be a time jump for Series Two. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top