Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 241303" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Last night I managed to devour six whole episodes of <em>Mr. Bean</em>. It really does seem to get better and better as it goes along.</p><p></p><p>One favourite moment was Bean conducting the Salvation Army band. What sold it was that first moment where he moved the baton and they played a note, and we saw realisation slowly sink in that he was wielding power:</p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]Wra2l6z7sdc[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>The visual gag at the end of the DIY/New Year episode was hilarious because of how carefully it was set up:</p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]T9MAmWnOznI[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>A lot of the humour comes from being observational or relatable. Like the running gag of him being stuck behind immobile older people on the stairs while trying to race down. We've all been there.</p><p></p><p>I'd forgotten that Matilda Ziegler was in several episodes. I thought she made a good straight man for him. A few other familiar faces have included Danny La Rue, Mike from <em>The Young Ones</em>, and Dr Legg's sister from <em>Shine On Harvey Moon </em>(the one who also got stage-bombed by Ruby Wax in <em>Girls On Top</em>).</p><p></p><p></p><p>Twelve episodes down. Just two to go. And then if I really feel the urge for more there are the films. And the animated series. And - if that's not obscure enough - a very curious-looking series called <em>Handy Bean</em> which is also available on Prime. But I have a feeling the last two might foul the nest somewhat.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 241303, member: 23"] Last night I managed to devour six whole episodes of [I]Mr. Bean[/I]. It really does seem to get better and better as it goes along. One favourite moment was Bean conducting the Salvation Army band. What sold it was that first moment where he moved the baton and they played a note, and we saw realisation slowly sink in that he was wielding power: [MEDIA=youtube]Wra2l6z7sdc[/MEDIA] The visual gag at the end of the DIY/New Year episode was hilarious because of how carefully it was set up: [MEDIA=youtube]T9MAmWnOznI[/MEDIA] A lot of the humour comes from being observational or relatable. Like the running gag of him being stuck behind immobile older people on the stairs while trying to race down. We've all been there. I'd forgotten that Matilda Ziegler was in several episodes. I thought she made a good straight man for him. A few other familiar faces have included Danny La Rue, Mike from [I]The Young Ones[/I], and Dr Legg's sister from [I]Shine On Harvey Moon [/I](the one who also got stage-bombed by Ruby Wax in [I]Girls On Top[/I]). Twelve episodes down. Just two to go. And then if I really feel the urge for more there are the films. And the animated series. And - if that's not obscure enough - a very curious-looking series called [I]Handy Bean[/I] which is also available on Prime. But I have a feeling the last two might foul the nest somewhat. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top