Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 241100" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Well, I finished <em>Vicious</em> this evening with the final episode of Series Two.</p><p></p><p>The final episode was fine. The wedding gave a few nice moments, and I'll admit that Stuart's dead mother being propped up at his wedding, with Freddie waving her dead hand at Stuart was some nice black comedy. I also enjoyed the running gag of Penelope ending up with cake all over her face.</p><p></p><p>The episode ending was very curious. Stuart crying over the death of his mother gave both actors the chance to actually do some real acting - particularly Derek Jacobi who cried wonderfully. But it felt very out of place with the tone of the entire series. To abruptly leave the series on this note just feels wrong. It's such a downer, reinforced by the silent credits at the end.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 241100, member: 23"] Well, I finished [I]Vicious[/I] this evening with the final episode of Series Two. The final episode was fine. The wedding gave a few nice moments, and I'll admit that Stuart's dead mother being propped up at his wedding, with Freddie waving her dead hand at Stuart was some nice black comedy. I also enjoyed the running gag of Penelope ending up with cake all over her face. The episode ending was very curious. Stuart crying over the death of his mother gave both actors the chance to actually do some real acting - particularly Derek Jacobi who cried wonderfully. But it felt very out of place with the tone of the entire series. To abruptly leave the series on this note just feels wrong. It's such a downer, reinforced by the silent credits at the end. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top