Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 187514" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>It certainly is extreme. I've been watching it over the last couple of evenings. It seems to be a conscious change for Series Five in order to make the new pairings pay off. But the actors look like they're having fun with it and it must have been quite liberating for Andrew Tourell after years of playing uptight Geoffrey. </p><p></p><p>Jane's also had another bout of personality change this year. There's no way the Jane of Series Four would have said "no" to Harvey's proposal, however it was made. I suppose you can only push a girl so far. </p><p></p><p>I am missing "Geoffrey" as he's one of my favourite characterisations on the series. I could watch the small details in Andrew Tourell's delivery all day long. But I have a feeling he'll be back soon. </p><p></p><p>I've just realised that Andrew Tourell was one of the actors I also greatly enjoyed in <em>It Takes A Worried Man </em>recently. And he reminds me a lot of George Waring who I was watching just before that in <em>Mixed Blessings</em>. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ah Ned. <em>That's</em> how he's most familiar to me. Among many other things in which I've seen him, according to IMDb. </p><p></p><p>Basil has been missing Series Five, replaced by Paddy Ward as Geraldine's grandfather. He's sorely missed. It appears Michael Bilton died in 1993, before the final series. </p><p></p><p>More curious absences for Series Five are Antonio and Mr Kwok. There was a different actor playing Mr Kwok during Harvey's proposal scene, and I think I also spotted a stand in for Antonio in the background, but I can't help wondering why they didn't return. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Deddie Davies as Sister Sheila is a nice addition. She's got such a great character look, even without the penguin suit. I was trying to place how she's best known to me. After looking at IMDb I think it must be from <em>That's My Boy</em>. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Just two episodes remaining now, which I hope to watch this evening. The organic changes over the years - particularly in the relationship between Tom and Diana and their changing living arrangements - have given the series a sense of journey. I'm looking forward to seeing it come to fruition, Bayview style.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 187514, member: 23"] It certainly is extreme. I've been watching it over the last couple of evenings. It seems to be a conscious change for Series Five in order to make the new pairings pay off. But the actors look like they're having fun with it and it must have been quite liberating for Andrew Tourell after years of playing uptight Geoffrey. Jane's also had another bout of personality change this year. There's no way the Jane of Series Four would have said "no" to Harvey's proposal, however it was made. I suppose you can only push a girl so far. I am missing "Geoffrey" as he's one of my favourite characterisations on the series. I could watch the small details in Andrew Tourell's delivery all day long. But I have a feeling he'll be back soon. I've just realised that Andrew Tourell was one of the actors I also greatly enjoyed in [I]It Takes A Worried Man [/I]recently. And he reminds me a lot of George Waring who I was watching just before that in [I]Mixed Blessings[/I]. Ah Ned. [I]That's[/I] how he's most familiar to me. Among many other things in which I've seen him, according to IMDb. Basil has been missing Series Five, replaced by Paddy Ward as Geraldine's grandfather. He's sorely missed. It appears Michael Bilton died in 1993, before the final series. More curious absences for Series Five are Antonio and Mr Kwok. There was a different actor playing Mr Kwok during Harvey's proposal scene, and I think I also spotted a stand in for Antonio in the background, but I can't help wondering why they didn't return. Deddie Davies as Sister Sheila is a nice addition. She's got such a great character look, even without the penguin suit. I was trying to place how she's best known to me. After looking at IMDb I think it must be from [I]That's My Boy[/I]. Just two episodes remaining now, which I hope to watch this evening. The organic changes over the years - particularly in the relationship between Tom and Diana and their changing living arrangements - have given the series a sense of journey. I'm looking forward to seeing it come to fruition, Bayview style. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top