Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 185382" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Series Three of <em>Waiting For God</em> has pushed the boundaries a little more. The jury is out on whether this is good for the series or not. Perhaps time will tell. </p><p></p><p>Some things have disturbed me slightly, but possibly not the things you'd think. I'm absolutely fine with Tom and Diana crossing the line into having sex, for instance. But I had an issue with Harvey hiding behind the filing cabinet in order to prevent Jane from fiddling with his letter to the dating agency.</p><p></p><p>The reason, I suppose, is that Tom and Diana's dynamic, whether their relationship is platonic or romantic, remains essentially the same. Whereas the joy of Jane's attraction towards Harvey for me lay in his apparent obliviousness to it and to her, barring the odd "Jane, you're touching me". Even though he's apparently repelled by Jane it's quite a contrast that he's now <em>aware</em> of her. And that's thrown off the status quo. </p><p></p><p>Jane and Marion have also experienced personality transformations. Thinking about it, it's almost a swap. Jane, on her faux engagement to Harvey, became a little power drunk and bossy. While Marion's been freaking everyone out by offering peace and love in her New Age persona. Again, I have mixed feelings. Jane's new personality didn't work for me at all (thankfully, it was only temporary) while Marion's did. Even though I love drunken bitter Marion, the New Age version gave some great reactions from people and continues to do so. We now seem to be back to some middle ground, with New Age Marion still having a fondness for the booze.</p><p></p><p>Sitcom worlds have collided, with Diana hijacking Age Concern and doling out advice to Nanny from <em>Father, Dear Father</em>. Be still my heart.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 185382, member: 23"] Series Three of [I]Waiting For God[/I] has pushed the boundaries a little more. The jury is out on whether this is good for the series or not. Perhaps time will tell. Some things have disturbed me slightly, but possibly not the things you'd think. I'm absolutely fine with Tom and Diana crossing the line into having sex, for instance. But I had an issue with Harvey hiding behind the filing cabinet in order to prevent Jane from fiddling with his letter to the dating agency. The reason, I suppose, is that Tom and Diana's dynamic, whether their relationship is platonic or romantic, remains essentially the same. Whereas the joy of Jane's attraction towards Harvey for me lay in his apparent obliviousness to it and to her, barring the odd "Jane, you're touching me". Even though he's apparently repelled by Jane it's quite a contrast that he's now [I]aware[/I] of her. And that's thrown off the status quo. Jane and Marion have also experienced personality transformations. Thinking about it, it's almost a swap. Jane, on her faux engagement to Harvey, became a little power drunk and bossy. While Marion's been freaking everyone out by offering peace and love in her New Age persona. Again, I have mixed feelings. Jane's new personality didn't work for me at all (thankfully, it was only temporary) while Marion's did. Even though I love drunken bitter Marion, the New Age version gave some great reactions from people and continues to do so. We now seem to be back to some middle ground, with New Age Marion still having a fondness for the booze. Sitcom worlds have collided, with Diana hijacking Age Concern and doling out advice to Nanny from [I]Father, Dear Father[/I]. Be still my heart. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top