Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 184628" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Oh good. I seem to remember you've mentioned it before. Maybe back when I was watching<em> You're Only Young Twice</em>. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh yes, Marion. Another character I have no memory of from watching before. She's great, and I thoroughly enjoy her sparring with both Tom and Diana. Even though she's ostensibly an antagonist, she's been at the centre of some of Tom's softer moments. A nice example being during the episode in which Tom had decided everyone should be honest all the time, and was hurt when Marion "honestly" wished him dead (despite the fact she does this all the time anyway). </p><p></p><p>Yesterday I watched a Series Two episode which had Marion thoroughly miserable running a business (very badly) as a beauty therapist. After Tom had found a way for her to walk away from the business, he opens his arms to her and she looks as though she's about to hug him, then kind of wavers. Of course, you think she's going to find one of her usual reasons to avoid contact and get the hell out of there. But she does give him a hug and it's a really sweet moment because it's so unexpected. </p><p></p><p>Diana's had some nice moments with her as well. Last night I watched the glamorous granny episode where it was Diana's turn to be nice to everyone and she smilingly commented that Marion's pink gin matched the colour of her eyes. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes, I could see it working. Richard Mulligan has the right kind of qualities for Tom, I think. Though I must confess to being very cynical about remakes and can't help wondering why not simply air (or repeat) the original.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 184628, member: 23"] Oh good. I seem to remember you've mentioned it before. Maybe back when I was watching[I] You're Only Young Twice[/I]. Oh yes, Marion. Another character I have no memory of from watching before. She's great, and I thoroughly enjoy her sparring with both Tom and Diana. Even though she's ostensibly an antagonist, she's been at the centre of some of Tom's softer moments. A nice example being during the episode in which Tom had decided everyone should be honest all the time, and was hurt when Marion "honestly" wished him dead (despite the fact she does this all the time anyway). Yesterday I watched a Series Two episode which had Marion thoroughly miserable running a business (very badly) as a beauty therapist. After Tom had found a way for her to walk away from the business, he opens his arms to her and she looks as though she's about to hug him, then kind of wavers. Of course, you think she's going to find one of her usual reasons to avoid contact and get the hell out of there. But she does give him a hug and it's a really sweet moment because it's so unexpected. Diana's had some nice moments with her as well. Last night I watched the glamorous granny episode where it was Diana's turn to be nice to everyone and she smilingly commented that Marion's pink gin matched the colour of her eyes. Yes, I could see it working. Richard Mulligan has the right kind of qualities for Tom, I think. Though I must confess to being very cynical about remakes and can't help wondering why not simply air (or repeat) the original. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top