Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 174855" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>And so after exactly two weeks of on/off watching, <em>It Takes A Worried Man... </em>has come to an end. In-keeping with the series itself, the end was low key, slightly downbeat and with little sense of closure. </p><p></p><p>For some reason I'm finding this a difficult series to comment on. Or at least I'm conscious that my comments don't do justice to its quiet genius. I haven't managed to capture the appeal the series holds for me in the last few posts and I feel a little overwhelmed at the idea of doing so. </p><p></p><p>So I'll just say that I've laughed regularly. The sort of laugh that usually only emerges when I'm around friends with a particularly acerbic wit. A laugh that comes from finding both truth in humour, and the relief that someone else has said it. Like the curious uplift that is occasionally to be found when in proximity to a squabbling couple exchanging barbs while you're quietly enjoying a cup of tea.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 174855, member: 23"] And so after exactly two weeks of on/off watching, [I]It Takes A Worried Man... [/I]has come to an end. In-keeping with the series itself, the end was low key, slightly downbeat and with little sense of closure. For some reason I'm finding this a difficult series to comment on. Or at least I'm conscious that my comments don't do justice to its quiet genius. I haven't managed to capture the appeal the series holds for me in the last few posts and I feel a little overwhelmed at the idea of doing so. So I'll just say that I've laughed regularly. The sort of laugh that usually only emerges when I'm around friends with a particularly acerbic wit. A laugh that comes from finding both truth in humour, and the relief that someone else has said it. Like the curious uplift that is occasionally to be found when in proximity to a squabbling couple exchanging barbs while you're quietly enjoying a cup of tea. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic UK TV
The Great British Sitcom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top