Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Santa Barbara
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 154583" data-attributes="member: 673"><p><em>Santa Barbara</em> definitely benefitted from premiering when the nighttime soaps were at the height of their powers around the world. A daytime Dallas, at half the price, that you could air right from the beginning and keep supersoap fans entertained until the big guns came on in the evening.</p><p></p><p>For example, US daytime soaps were never features of the Irish or UK TV schedules prior to the 80's (<em>Ryan's Hope</em> being the exception when it had a brief run on Irish TV, presumably because of the show's Irish connections). Yet, SB got a full run on Ireland's main channel RTE1 and ran for around three years on ITV in the UK before transferring to the number one satellite channel Sky One (I'm unsure if UK viewers actually got to see the show in it's entirety). The only US daytime soap to have a full run on Irish or UK terrestrial TV since, has been <em>Sunset Beach</em>.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 154583, member: 673"] [I]Santa Barbara[/I] definitely benefitted from premiering when the nighttime soaps were at the height of their powers around the world. A daytime Dallas, at half the price, that you could air right from the beginning and keep supersoap fans entertained until the big guns came on in the evening. For example, US daytime soaps were never features of the Irish or UK TV schedules prior to the 80's ([I]Ryan's Hope[/I] being the exception when it had a brief run on Irish TV, presumably because of the show's Irish connections). Yet, SB got a full run on Ireland's main channel RTE1 and ran for around three years on ITV in the UK before transferring to the number one satellite channel Sky One (I'm unsure if UK viewers actually got to see the show in it's entirety). The only US daytime soap to have a full run on Irish or UK terrestrial TV since, has been [I]Sunset Beach[/I]. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Santa Barbara
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top