Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Adamski" data-source="post: 417057" data-attributes="member: 177"><p>It's quite telling that 2023's Live In Conversation tour had 15 sold out shows across the UK and Ireland, while next month's 40th anniversary tour only has six shows. (Which all still have tickets available). With all due respect, that could be because the new show's cast isn't as A-list, but it still speaks volumes. Hopefully, Fremantle and Amazon see the 40th anniversary tour as the perfect time to announce a renewal.</p><p></p><p>I've just had a big Neighbours catch up, and am finally up to date with the show. Some random thoughts...</p><ul> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">Anything involving Eirini Rising or JJ/Nell/Dex is fast forward material for me. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">Why oh why were we subjected to an extended return from Toadfish Rebecchi within weeks of his 'exit'?</li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">It saddens me to see the Rodwells dispersed.</li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">I've said it before, but Karl and Susan really need to sell up and just head off on their Great Australian Road Trip. Alan and Jackie helped relaunch the show, but if they can't/won't commit to the show full time, why not free up two salaries? They could pop back in a couple of times a year for weddings/funerals/crises, like Harold did for years. Especially if Malcolm Kennedy returned full time, with a family of his own. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">Splitting up Shane and Izzy offscreen, and only hearing Shane's side of events, upsets me. Hoping there's more to come with that, and we'll get Nat Bass back for a guest stint at some point. (Having Izzy return as a wealthy divorcee/widow is to good an opportunity to miss, IMO). </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">Don't need another round of Paul and Terese, but there's no denying that Stefan and Dame Rebekah spark off each other so well onscreen. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">I don't buy Max Ramsay as a mechanic, but I love seeing him wind up Byron and be all 'butter wouldn't melt' with Vera. (Who livens up every scene she's in).</li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">We are so lucky to have Annie Jones on this show. She always gives such lovely performances and I feel that Jane is the most well rounded character on Neighbours thanks to her. (And the writers clearly love writing for Jane).</li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">If anyone's going to be "the next Margot Robbie," it's Majella Davis, IMO. She is the full package, and just oozes charisma. I love that she can do drama but can also be light and playful. Hope she stays for a while. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">I'm not bored by Seb at all, as the actor is just so damn gorgeous. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">David's death has been the making of Aaron, and Matt Wilson has charm to burn. I love seeing Aaron's growing friendship with Cara and Remi, too. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">I was a big fan of Nicolette #1, but now I struggle to remember what she looks like, as Hannah Monson has made that role her own. And while I can definitely remember what Byron #1 looks like, Xavier Molyneux is also really fun as Byron. </li> <li data-xf-list-type="ul">Had not seen Chrishell Stause in anything before Neighbours, but I thought she was fabulous as Yaz! She was present, can act and looks fantastic. I didn't even feel that the story dragged, as she was so enjoyable to watch. </li> </ul></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Adamski, post: 417057, member: 177"] It's quite telling that 2023's Live In Conversation tour had 15 sold out shows across the UK and Ireland, while next month's 40th anniversary tour only has six shows. (Which all still have tickets available). With all due respect, that could be because the new show's cast isn't as A-list, but it still speaks volumes. Hopefully, Fremantle and Amazon see the 40th anniversary tour as the perfect time to announce a renewal. I've just had a big Neighbours catch up, and am finally up to date with the show. Some random thoughts... [LIST] [*]Anything involving Eirini Rising or JJ/Nell/Dex is fast forward material for me. [*]Why oh why were we subjected to an extended return from Toadfish Rebecchi within weeks of his 'exit'? [*]It saddens me to see the Rodwells dispersed. [*]I've said it before, but Karl and Susan really need to sell up and just head off on their Great Australian Road Trip. Alan and Jackie helped relaunch the show, but if they can't/won't commit to the show full time, why not free up two salaries? They could pop back in a couple of times a year for weddings/funerals/crises, like Harold did for years. Especially if Malcolm Kennedy returned full time, with a family of his own. [*]Splitting up Shane and Izzy offscreen, and only hearing Shane's side of events, upsets me. Hoping there's more to come with that, and we'll get Nat Bass back for a guest stint at some point. (Having Izzy return as a wealthy divorcee/widow is to good an opportunity to miss, IMO). [*]Don't need another round of Paul and Terese, but there's no denying that Stefan and Dame Rebekah spark off each other so well onscreen. [*]I don't buy Max Ramsay as a mechanic, but I love seeing him wind up Byron and be all 'butter wouldn't melt' with Vera. (Who livens up every scene she's in). [*]We are so lucky to have Annie Jones on this show. She always gives such lovely performances and I feel that Jane is the most well rounded character on Neighbours thanks to her. (And the writers clearly love writing for Jane). [*]If anyone's going to be "the next Margot Robbie," it's Majella Davis, IMO. She is the full package, and just oozes charisma. I love that she can do drama but can also be light and playful. Hope she stays for a while. [*]I'm not bored by Seb at all, as the actor is just so damn gorgeous. [*]David's death has been the making of Aaron, and Matt Wilson has charm to burn. I love seeing Aaron's growing friendship with Cara and Remi, too. [*]I was a big fan of Nicolette #1, but now I struggle to remember what she looks like, as Hannah Monson has made that role her own. And while I can definitely remember what Byron #1 looks like, Xavier Molyneux is also really fun as Byron. [*]Had not seen Chrishell Stause in anything before Neighbours, but I thought she was fabulous as Yaz! She was present, can act and looks fantastic. I didn't even feel that the story dragged, as she was so enjoyable to watch. [/LIST] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top