Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 333429" data-attributes="member: 23"><p><h3></h3><p>It's like some weird soapy wormhole.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I think I know what you mean, and I agree. As well as being an iconic pop star, her image is mainly defined mostly by some pop videos and fond remembrances of the Scott/Charlene romance. Plus she fits into the "National Treasure" category, and she has this accessible thing where people feel as though they know her really well.</p><p></p><p>That's a lot to live up to, and I think it's wise to come down on the side of less is more to avoid the risk of disappointment. To make a comparison with two other pop idols, it's why I found Cher's cameos on<em> Will & Grace</em> more effective and intriguing than I did Madonna's full episode (which was still very enjoyable, but she was far more exposed and not always in the best way).</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Phew! Somewhere, I can hear [USER=68]@Alexis[/USER] scribbling your name back onto his Christmas card list.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 333429, member: 23"] [HEADING=2][/HEADING] It's like some weird soapy wormhole. I think I know what you mean, and I agree. As well as being an iconic pop star, her image is mainly defined mostly by some pop videos and fond remembrances of the Scott/Charlene romance. Plus she fits into the "National Treasure" category, and she has this accessible thing where people feel as though they know her really well. That's a lot to live up to, and I think it's wise to come down on the side of less is more to avoid the risk of disappointment. To make a comparison with two other pop idols, it's why I found Cher's cameos on[I] Will & Grace[/I] more effective and intriguing than I did Madonna's full episode (which was still very enjoyable, but she was far more exposed and not always in the best way). Phew! Somewhere, I can hear [USER=68]@Alexis[/USER] scribbling your name back onto his Christmas card list. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top