Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 333384" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I feel very similarly.</p><p></p><p>In terms of Aussie soap, I think <em>Neighbours'</em> finale is even better than that of <em>S&D</em>, and possibly even <em>A Place To Call Home.</em> It leaves the viewer feeling all warm and fuzzy and wanting more.</p><p></p><p>It's more meaningful because of the series' history. Before <em>Neighbours</em>, the idea of an Australian drama running for decades seemed unthinkable. Now this little series that got cancelled after a hundred and seventy episodes is the longest-running drama in Australian TV history. It's a sad day.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I've felt the same way. I have the first couple of years on DVD from when they were released many years ago. It must be over a decade since I watched and I actually thought I might like to crack them open again quite soon.</p><p></p><p>I doubt I will anytime soon (so many series, so little time. Plus my partner has an unfortunate aversion to Aussie soaps), but the bug to watch again is most definitely there.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 333384, member: 23"] I feel very similarly. In terms of Aussie soap, I think [I]Neighbours'[/I] finale is even better than that of [I]S&D[/I], and possibly even [I]A Place To Call Home.[/I] It leaves the viewer feeling all warm and fuzzy and wanting more. It's more meaningful because of the series' history. Before [I]Neighbours[/I], the idea of an Australian drama running for decades seemed unthinkable. Now this little series that got cancelled after a hundred and seventy episodes is the longest-running drama in Australian TV history. It's a sad day. I've felt the same way. I have the first couple of years on DVD from when they were released many years ago. It must be over a decade since I watched and I actually thought I might like to crack them open again quite soon. I doubt I will anytime soon (so many series, so little time. Plus my partner has an unfortunate aversion to Aussie soaps), but the bug to watch again is most definitely there. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top