Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Frank Underwood" data-source="post: 443476" data-attributes="member: 35"><p>I didn't say it happened on this site, but I've seen it happen many times on social media. I don't use TikTok, but I see that kind of behavior get exposed a lot on YouTube.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Most of the changes that <em>have</em> happened already were due to shifting generational views. Unfortunately, some of that does take time. When it comes to the most pressing issues, what I'm saying is the action we take matters. Trying to solve a problem by going from one extreme to another only makes things worse and can hurt innocent people.</p><p></p><p>Who people align with should also matter because not everybody's motives are pure. When it comes to movements in particular, how they start isn't always how they end up.</p><p></p><p>I also don't think imbalances are automatically indicative of discrimination. They can be, but not always. I just know that I value equal <em>opportunity</em> more than equal <em>outcomes. </em></p><p></p><p>Along with that comes equal accountability. If men should be exposed for their crimes and held accountable, so should women. However, some people want to make it all about men because they're <em>more likely</em> to be violent, <em>more likely</em> to be sexual predators, etc. My view is that if you commit these acts, it shouldn't matter what your gender is because justice should be blind. But while men are accused of protecting their own in a "good ol' boys club," the Lindsay Clancy case has shown there are women who do the same thing.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Frank Underwood, post: 443476, member: 35"] I didn't say it happened on this site, but I've seen it happen many times on social media. I don't use TikTok, but I see that kind of behavior get exposed a lot on YouTube. Most of the changes that [I]have[/I] happened already were due to shifting generational views. Unfortunately, some of that does take time. When it comes to the most pressing issues, what I'm saying is the action we take matters. Trying to solve a problem by going from one extreme to another only makes things worse and can hurt innocent people. Who people align with should also matter because not everybody's motives are pure. When it comes to movements in particular, how they start isn't always how they end up. I also don't think imbalances are automatically indicative of discrimination. They can be, but not always. I just know that I value equal [I]opportunity[/I] more than equal [I]outcomes. [/I] Along with that comes equal accountability. If men should be exposed for their crimes and held accountable, so should women. However, some people want to make it all about men because they're [I]more likely[/I] to be violent, [I]more likely[/I] to be sexual predators, etc. My view is that if you commit these acts, it shouldn't matter what your gender is because justice should be blind. But while men are accused of protecting their own in a "good ol' boys club," the Lindsay Clancy case has shown there are women who do the same thing. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top