Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
GUNSMOKE
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 443564" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I'm not terribly familiar with Jean Arthur myself. I think I've only seen her in TOO MANY HUSBANDS (1940) (a gender-reversing of MY FAVORITE WIFE, that was released the same year), and pieces of YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU (1938) and SHANE (1953), the latter which was her final film.</p><p></p><p>She was such a big box office draw by 1937-38 she was one of the four finalists in the running to play Scarlett, along with Joan Bennett, Paulette Goddard, and Vivien Leigh. You can see pieces of Arthur's screen tests in the MAKING OF A LEGEND documentary, which I'll link below.</p><p></p><p>As late as November 1938 -- just two months before Vivien Leigh was cast -- Jean Arthur was still in heavy consideration for the part. </p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]ENJlC_7E_VI[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 443564, member: 7"] I'm not terribly familiar with Jean Arthur myself. I think I've only seen her in TOO MANY HUSBANDS (1940) (a gender-reversing of MY FAVORITE WIFE, that was released the same year), and pieces of YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU (1938) and SHANE (1953), the latter which was her final film. She was such a big box office draw by 1937-38 she was one of the four finalists in the running to play Scarlett, along with Joan Bennett, Paulette Goddard, and Vivien Leigh. You can see pieces of Arthur's screen tests in the MAKING OF A LEGEND documentary, which I'll link below. As late as November 1938 -- just two months before Vivien Leigh was cast -- Jean Arthur was still in heavy consideration for the part. [MEDIA=youtube]ENJlC_7E_VI[/MEDIA] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
GUNSMOKE
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top