Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 402869" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I watched BERSERK! (1967) when I was off from work, terribly sick, on Monday. I had wanted to see it for a long time. </p><p></p><p>Well, the itch has been scratched. </p><p></p><p>BERSERK! is a cheesy British B-movie which I thought pulled some decent performances out of Crawford, Ty Hardin, and Diana Dors, the latter two being '50s sex symbols, now past their prime. There isn't much to the movie really. There's murders going on at a circus ran by a tyrant named Monica (Crawford) and the plot sets up a "whodunnit" for the audience. </p><p></p><p>A lot of the running time (to me at least) seemed to be used on old-timey circus showmanship, which I suppose is a time capsule in its own right. It really reads as filler in the movie itself, though. </p><p></p><p>I must admit I figured out who the killer was quicker than the movie wanted me to, but I don't think they did a good job of hiding it. They did at least try to throw some red herrings into the mix along the way. </p><p></p><p>BERSERK! isn't necessarily a good movie. Crawford is at least 15+ years too old for her role (there are multiple camera tricks done to disguise her age, i.e. a constant shadow cast across her neck), and that makes her romance scenes with Ty Hardin a little unsettling. Dors, I thought, was good in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. There are some other okayish performances, too. </p><p></p><p>You're not missing anything by skipping this one. </p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]53590[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 402869, member: 7"] I watched BERSERK! (1967) when I was off from work, terribly sick, on Monday. I had wanted to see it for a long time. Well, the itch has been scratched. BERSERK! is a cheesy British B-movie which I thought pulled some decent performances out of Crawford, Ty Hardin, and Diana Dors, the latter two being '50s sex symbols, now past their prime. There isn't much to the movie really. There's murders going on at a circus ran by a tyrant named Monica (Crawford) and the plot sets up a "whodunnit" for the audience. A lot of the running time (to me at least) seemed to be used on old-timey circus showmanship, which I suppose is a time capsule in its own right. It really reads as filler in the movie itself, though. I must admit I figured out who the killer was quicker than the movie wanted me to, but I don't think they did a good job of hiding it. They did at least try to throw some red herrings into the mix along the way. BERSERK! isn't necessarily a good movie. Crawford is at least 15+ years too old for her role (there are multiple camera tricks done to disguise her age, i.e. a constant shadow cast across her neck), and that makes her romance scenes with Ty Hardin a little unsettling. Dors, I thought, was good in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. There are some other okayish performances, too. You're not missing anything by skipping this one. [ATTACH type="full"]53590[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top