Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Grammarants
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 438301" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I prefer the grammatically incorrect version because hiding the "belated" (my fault) between the catchy "happy!" and the catchy "birthday!" softens that fault a bit.</p><p></p><p>And perhaps there <em>is </em>a passive-aggressive aspect in using this particular incorrect grammar: sort of blaming the recipient for <em>not</em> having his/her birthday on the day I actually <em>do</em> remember it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 438301, member: 8"] I prefer the grammatically incorrect version because hiding the "belated" (my fault) between the catchy "happy!" and the catchy "birthday!" softens that fault a bit. And perhaps there [I]is [/I]a passive-aggressive aspect in using this particular incorrect grammar: sort of blaming the recipient for [I]not[/I] having his/her birthday on the day I actually [I]do[/I] remember it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Grammarants
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top