Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Grammarants
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DallasFanForever" data-source="post: 334160" data-attributes="member: 13221"><p>Your post got me to thinking about a sports related word I can’t stand: GOAT. For many, many years GOAT meant someone who cost their team the game, made a huge mistake, etc. Of course, now to call someone the GOAT means calling them the greatest of all time. Well, I still say it the long way because I refuse to call someone a GOAT. I’m sorry but it just doesn’t sound positive to me to look at someone and say he or she is the GOAT.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DallasFanForever, post: 334160, member: 13221"] Your post got me to thinking about a sports related word I can’t stand: GOAT. For many, many years GOAT meant someone who cost their team the game, made a huge mistake, etc. Of course, now to call someone the GOAT means calling them the greatest of all time. Well, I still say it the long way because I refuse to call someone a GOAT. I’m sorry but it just doesn’t sound positive to me to look at someone and say he or she is the GOAT. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Community
The Lounge
Rant Room
Grammarants
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top