Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
Dallas in the 90's
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Karin Schill" data-source="post: 22156"><p>The sun was shining down from a clear blue Texas sky and it was hot in the car, as Bobby and Pam were driving on highway Interstate 30. They had just passed by Fort Worth and could now see the familiar Dallas skyline shot up ahead of them. Seeing the familiar buildings from a distance Pam could feel the butterflies start to roam around in her stomach. Because now it wouldn’t be long until they’d reach Southfork and knowing what awaited her there she was getting nervous. Sitting there next to Bobby, watching him drive she got a sense of déjà vu. Because this was not the first time Bobby had brought her home to Southfork to meet his family. <em>Only difference is Rebecca’s presence in the backseat,</em> watching her little girl looking out of the window excitingly taking in her new surroundings Pam was reminded of how much that had changed since Bobby first brought her to Southfork. Back then she’d been a 25 year old bride, eager to make a life with her new husband. Now she was a 42 year old mother of two. <em>Even though I haven’t been much of a mother to Christopher for years, </em>Pam bit her lip as she couldn’t help but wonder how her son was going to react when he saw her. <em>Will he be happy that I’m back or will he reject me?</em> Pam pondered, as she had no idea of how to mend the relationship with her son and it was not the only relationship that needed mending.<em> Will Cliff welcome me back or is he still hurt that I refused to come home?</em> Pam wondered, as a troubled expression graced her face.</p><p></p><p>Noticing the expression of Pam’s face Bobby asked her, “What’s the matter Pam?”</p><p></p><p>“Oh nothing…” Pam brushed it off. “I was just thinking about everyone waiting for us in Dallas…there’s Christopher and then there’s Cliff and…” Pam paused for a moment before she went on. “Bobby how’s Cliff?”</p><p></p><p>“Um…” Bobby paused for a moment, as he really didn’t feel like discussing Cliff Barnes.</p><p></p><p>“Please Bobby, I need to know. I mean he was so broken hearted when I refused to come back to Dallas with him that time he came to see me…”</p><p></p><p> “I know,” Bobby sighed, as this was a discussion he didn’t want to have. But knowing how important it was to Pam he went on. “I’m sorry Pam. But I haven’t talked to Cliff in months so I don’t know for sure. We are not the greatest friends right now as JR and Cliff have continued the family feud so...”</p><p></p><p>“The Barnes-Ewing feud?!” Pam exclaimed. “Oh Bobby is that thing ever gonna end?”</p><p></p><p>“Doesn’t seem like it,” Bobby replied. “Unfortunately, I mean we tried to end it after you’d left, I even had Cliff and JR working with me at Ewing Oil for a while...”</p><p></p><p>“Cliff and JR working together?” Pam’s eyes widened, as if she couldn’t believe her ears.</p><p></p><p>“Yeah, but naturally that didn’t last, I mean all it took was one stupid tanker accident and then it all fell apart and Cliff was back to his crusades against us Ewings again.”</p><p></p><p>“Oh well at least you tried,” Pam said. “And well speaking of Cliff and JR, I’m starting to have second thoughts about this...”</p><p></p><p>“What do you mean second thoughts?” Bobby asked. “Don’t tell me that you’re already regretting your decision to come back to Dallas with me...”</p><p></p><p>“No I don’t regret it. I’m just a bit worried about the reception we’re going to get, that’s all. I mean surely JR won’t be thrilled that I’m coming back home.”</p><p></p><p>“Oh don’t worry about him Pam, JR is JR and he’s never liked you and we’ve handled him before so I'm sure we can do it again,” Bobby tried to calm her down. “No the one you really should be worried about is Christopher.”</p><p></p><p>“Christopher?”</p><p></p><p>“Yeah as hurt as he was when you left us you’ll be lucky if he’ll ever forgive you...” Bobby explained.</p><p></p><p>Pam could feel a lump form in her throat at the thought of her son not wanting anything to do with her anymore, since it just hurt like hell, “That bad huh?”</p><p></p><p>“That bad,” Bobby confirmed. “Still I guess we’ll be fine, as after all it’s just a visit anyway so if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out,” Bobby tried to take lightly on the whole thing. Even though it was hard to do that, as there was nothing in this world that he’d like more than having Pam and Rebecca living permanently at Southfork with him and Christopher. But he also knew that if it came down to a choice between his son and his ex-wife and daughter there was no way he’d turn his back on his son. Because after spending the past 8 years together as father-son team he wouldn’t let anyone break them apart, not even Pam.</p><p></p><p>“A visit?” Their daughter finally made her presence known. “But Mama I don’t understand. I thought you said that we were gonna move into that big ranch house?” Rebecca protested and her words made Bobby raise his eyebrows in surprise, as it suddenly occurred to him that Pam seemed to think of this as something much more permanent than just a visit.</p><p></p><p>“But Rebecca! You have to stop imagining things, I know that you’re happy that you’ve met your daddy but to say that it’s not just polite,” Pam tried to smooth things over but it was to no use, as Bobby still knew how to see right through her. In fact Pam’s comment just confirmed what he already knew, that if it were up to her she would be back for good.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Karin Schill, post: 22156"] The sun was shining down from a clear blue Texas sky and it was hot in the car, as Bobby and Pam were driving on highway Interstate 30. They had just passed by Fort Worth and could now see the familiar Dallas skyline shot up ahead of them. Seeing the familiar buildings from a distance Pam could feel the butterflies start to roam around in her stomach. Because now it wouldn’t be long until they’d reach Southfork and knowing what awaited her there she was getting nervous. Sitting there next to Bobby, watching him drive she got a sense of déjà vu. Because this was not the first time Bobby had brought her home to Southfork to meet his family. [I]Only difference is Rebecca’s presence in the backseat,[/I] watching her little girl looking out of the window excitingly taking in her new surroundings Pam was reminded of how much that had changed since Bobby first brought her to Southfork. Back then she’d been a 25 year old bride, eager to make a life with her new husband. Now she was a 42 year old mother of two. [I]Even though I haven’t been much of a mother to Christopher for years, [/I]Pam bit her lip as she couldn’t help but wonder how her son was going to react when he saw her. [I]Will he be happy that I’m back or will he reject me?[/I] Pam pondered, as she had no idea of how to mend the relationship with her son and it was not the only relationship that needed mending.[I] Will Cliff welcome me back or is he still hurt that I refused to come home?[/I] Pam wondered, as a troubled expression graced her face. Noticing the expression of Pam’s face Bobby asked her, “What’s the matter Pam?” “Oh nothing…” Pam brushed it off. “I was just thinking about everyone waiting for us in Dallas…there’s Christopher and then there’s Cliff and…” Pam paused for a moment before she went on. “Bobby how’s Cliff?” “Um…” Bobby paused for a moment, as he really didn’t feel like discussing Cliff Barnes. “Please Bobby, I need to know. I mean he was so broken hearted when I refused to come back to Dallas with him that time he came to see me…” “I know,” Bobby sighed, as this was a discussion he didn’t want to have. But knowing how important it was to Pam he went on. “I’m sorry Pam. But I haven’t talked to Cliff in months so I don’t know for sure. We are not the greatest friends right now as JR and Cliff have continued the family feud so...” “The Barnes-Ewing feud?!” Pam exclaimed. “Oh Bobby is that thing ever gonna end?” “Doesn’t seem like it,” Bobby replied. “Unfortunately, I mean we tried to end it after you’d left, I even had Cliff and JR working with me at Ewing Oil for a while...” “Cliff and JR working together?” Pam’s eyes widened, as if she couldn’t believe her ears. “Yeah, but naturally that didn’t last, I mean all it took was one stupid tanker accident and then it all fell apart and Cliff was back to his crusades against us Ewings again.” “Oh well at least you tried,” Pam said. “And well speaking of Cliff and JR, I’m starting to have second thoughts about this...” “What do you mean second thoughts?” Bobby asked. “Don’t tell me that you’re already regretting your decision to come back to Dallas with me...” “No I don’t regret it. I’m just a bit worried about the reception we’re going to get, that’s all. I mean surely JR won’t be thrilled that I’m coming back home.” “Oh don’t worry about him Pam, JR is JR and he’s never liked you and we’ve handled him before so I'm sure we can do it again,” Bobby tried to calm her down. “No the one you really should be worried about is Christopher.” “Christopher?” “Yeah as hurt as he was when you left us you’ll be lucky if he’ll ever forgive you...” Bobby explained. Pam could feel a lump form in her throat at the thought of her son not wanting anything to do with her anymore, since it just hurt like hell, “That bad huh?” “That bad,” Bobby confirmed. “Still I guess we’ll be fine, as after all it’s just a visit anyway so if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out,” Bobby tried to take lightly on the whole thing. Even though it was hard to do that, as there was nothing in this world that he’d like more than having Pam and Rebecca living permanently at Southfork with him and Christopher. But he also knew that if it came down to a choice between his son and his ex-wife and daughter there was no way he’d turn his back on his son. Because after spending the past 8 years together as father-son team he wouldn’t let anyone break them apart, not even Pam. “A visit?” Their daughter finally made her presence known. “But Mama I don’t understand. I thought you said that we were gonna move into that big ranch house?” Rebecca protested and her words made Bobby raise his eyebrows in surprise, as it suddenly occurred to him that Pam seemed to think of this as something much more permanent than just a visit. “But Rebecca! You have to stop imagining things, I know that you’re happy that you’ve met your daddy but to say that it’s not just polite,” Pam tried to smooth things over but it was to no use, as Bobby still knew how to see right through her. In fact Pam’s comment just confirmed what he already knew, that if it were up to her she would be back for good. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
Dallas in the 90's
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top