Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Corrie
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Ome" data-source="post: 385275" data-attributes="member: 2"><p>I think this is partly to the changing times and how we live. </p><p></p><p>As I still watch and very much enjoy the soaps, it’s hard to see that great characters like Blanche, Les, Ivy from Corrie, Edna and Seth from Emmerdale will never be replaced because it feels like they can’t have misogynistic, homophobic and racist characters any more. As I watch Classic Corrie and Classic Emmerdale I see the main difference between them and now is that the majority (if not all) of current characters appear to be tolerant of everyone. </p><p></p><p>It’s like the producers want to hide away the reality of communities like they have removed all the smokers. </p><p></p><p>Plus with so many people feeling offended by almost everything, they stick a warning or a helpline.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Ome, post: 385275, member: 2"] I think this is partly to the changing times and how we live. As I still watch and very much enjoy the soaps, it’s hard to see that great characters like Blanche, Les, Ivy from Corrie, Edna and Seth from Emmerdale will never be replaced because it feels like they can’t have misogynistic, homophobic and racist characters any more. As I watch Classic Corrie and Classic Emmerdale I see the main difference between them and now is that the majority (if not all) of current characters appear to be tolerant of everyone. It’s like the producers want to hide away the reality of communities like they have removed all the smokers. Plus with so many people feeling offended by almost everything, they stick a warning or a helpline. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Corrie
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top